Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

World Press Photo

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    alansnap
    alansnap e2 Member 10529 forum postsalansnap vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Feb 2005 - 4:54 AM

I came across some of the winning shots from this year's World Press Photo competition on the BBC news site, but the home site is:
    http://www.worldpressphoto.nl/

Go and have a look. There are some fantastic shots both for this year and the winning shots for the last 50 years. I like the fact that even in the last five years mono still gets a look in.

Cheers,

Alan

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    11 Feb 2005 - 4:54 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mikears
    mikears  1086 forum posts Canada
    11 Feb 2005 - 6:14 AM

I'm not sure why, but I went to that site expecting to see brilliant sunsets and fantastic close-ups. Man was I wrong!!

EPZ is a great site (I'm sure everyone agrees with that), but seeing those pictures on the WorldPressPhoto site makes use realize that there is a real world out there, and it doesn't consist of sunrises, flowers and blurred water.

Mike

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139449 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Feb 2005 - 6:17 AM

Erm, why would anyone go to a press photo site and expect to see sunsets and macros???

I'll bet a lot of those photos wouldn't get many clicks on EPZ!!

Grin

mikears
    mikears  1086 forum posts Canada
    11 Feb 2005 - 6:21 AM

Sorry - it's still morning where I am - I'm just not awake yet

ardbeg77
    ardbeg77  101214 forum posts Sao Tome and Principe6 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Feb 2005 - 6:22 AM

CB, wouldn't that depend on whether they had loads of mates here Wink
    (JOKE, before anyone jumps down my throat).

Seriously, that site has some amazing, moving and thought provoking images, taken in some incredibly difficult and dangerous circumstances. Well worth a look.

Steve

answersonapostcard
    answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012604 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Feb 2005 - 6:25 AM

A world apart, I'm moved to tears by some of those images, even more so by the courage it took to obtain them.

UserRemoved
    11 Feb 2005 - 6:28 AM

Bugger - didnt win again!

Some cracking shots on there.

bpa
    bpa  101224 forum posts
    11 Feb 2005 - 6:29 AM

Seen this type of photography before, but I'm damned if I can find out how it is achieved.

Stephen

u08mcb
    u08mcb  105817 forum posts
    11 Feb 2005 - 6:33 AM

The Kashmir pic is probably my favourite and the guy in the "mental asylum" is probably the most sobering one there.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.