Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Would these Sell

redfig 10 24 United Kingdom
14 May 2005 10:04PM
Hi
I would really like to try to sell my images but are they to the right standard and is there a market for them
My Website is at My WebSite But if they are not up to standard do feel free to say I can learn form that.
Well I suppose every one would like to sell there work but is a hard to get started, Also would my abstracts be more sellable .
Thank you so much for your time
Yours
Andrew

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

elikag e2
10 749
14 May 2005 11:56PM
All writen here are just my (unprofessional) opinions so take them appropriately.

The site is really nice and easy to navigate.

You have some very nice images that are very "arty". I like that. What more because of that they can be sold for higher price (than the "regular" photo of the same subject), IMHO.

Why you don't mention ePZ anywhere? Shame on you.... Wink

You say that you work with a Casio Exilim EX-55 and PS Elements 3 - I don't think that will impress someone who has some understanding in imaging. I think that, if you don't take commissioned work, people shouldn't care about what equipment you have as long as they like the (printed) result. This info can do only harm in our stereotyped world.
(BTW, the model is EX-Z55)

You don't state that you can sell prints of the images. You have your e-mail, OK. But what about avalible sizes, finishes, framing, posting, payment, ect.. It doesn't feel "professional" enought and can dis-encourage potential buyers.

About selling your work. I'm not a pro by any means, so I'll just write my subjective opinion.
Your images are good to hang on the wall (especially the Triptych series) therefore are likely to sell if you market them in the right way. "Which way?" is a question hard to answer but there're galleries, coffee shops, 'net, friends ect..

Well done on taking the plunge and I wish you luck.
Ilia Kagan.
15 May 2005 1:28AM
Hi Ilia
Thank you so much for your help, It was very wrong not to to link Ephotozine ,I have now.
Also I have taken off the camera and PS E.
I will put a price page up that is a very good idea I have not before because ,Well because
I will take the plunge with Triptych ,I was going to try them on 3 separate sq canvas .
Thank you so much
Yours
Andrew
elikag e2
10 749
15 May 2005 2:00AM
Glad I could help.

About Triptych. Printing every image on separate canvas is a very good idea. That will make more designing options for your customers like hanging them diagonally across the wall or in chessboard style ect..
But you have to retain the option to print it as it is, because some people can't "see" how it's going to look otherwise so they ask to have it exactlly the same way the see it on the web.

Anyway, this should be one of your selling points and I think it's a powerful one (for example: "Oh, I like the images but 1.8 meters across the wall is too much for my livg room..."; "Well then, why wouldn't I print it on 3 separate canvases and you could hang them the way you like, even on three separate walls? Now you have no reason to hold back.")

Best wishes,
Ilia Kagan.
SuziBlue e2
12 16.2k 10 Scotland
15 May 2005 5:03AM
Hi there Smile

Just had a look and I agree - those triptych images are really nice. Having had an ear to people buying art in the corporate world it might be an idea to have some literature put together and targetted (not random mailshot) at companies setting up in an area - they'll be looking for extra ideas and even if they already have design ideas they will welcome some samples at the right time - i.e. when they're setting up. Not to say that established companies won't want to see new ideas, but the newly setting up are a good bet.

I don't know what your budget is, and it may be expensive in the short term - but some classy postcards and a small brochure? anything that won't leave you deep in the red but will look enticing enough for the CEO. Perhaps pick an area, do some market research, speak to the local powers that be about who is moving in to the area, look at what their business is, get the CEO's name, and do a soft sell - or a hard sell! But that's the key - market research. Cuts down the rejection rate and puts you more in control of your marketing budget.

Smile Just thoughts ..
exclusive e2
10 579 United Kingdom
15 May 2005 7:20AM
only a short one from me, the website looks great except for the yellow hyperlinks in the top right hand corner for log in etc..
15 May 2005 9:26AM
Hi
Thank you SuziBlue that's a great idea I will look in to that.I am on a small budget.
Do you know a very good Canvas printer there are so many to chose from most of all its the quality I am looking for.
Thank you Exclusive, but I am stuck with the hyperlink, I will change to another website soon.
Thank you all
Regards andrew
DanSig e2
10 288 Iceland
15 May 2005 1:19PM
I just looked through your gallery, some great images there, I just love the "inside/outside" portfolio, great images there that will surely sell if you put a pricetag on them.

you really have some serious talent, ad should consider upgrading your equipment to professional standards.. i.e. 20D and PS CS, then you will have the image quality for large size prints 60x100 cm and even bigger.

it put me off a bit knowing these pictures were taken on a p&s camera, wich only means that I could not buy a very big print in good quality.

if you could produce your art in top quality on prints at least 30x40cm or even bigger then you surely would sell some prints.
15 May 2005 4:00PM
Well, I'd buy them! Love the inside/outside series. Why not try putting on an exhibition at a library or some other public space?
15 May 2005 10:10PM
Hi
Thank you DanSig I can only wish to have a better camera,one day I hope.I use Genuine Fractals to large the image,works well.
Thank you Willbrealey for your kind words.

It has been surggest to me to use backlight for the abstract flowers
Glowlight
Just so much to think about.
This is a great Forum with lots of help
Thank you
Yours
Andrew
sabretalon e2
10 1.9k United Kingdom
16 May 2005 1:30AM
The abstracts are great and provided you can get good quality samples of them made up then you will find that you should be able to sell them easy enough.

I would suggest investing in a set of 3, on stretched canvas. Take them around local galleries and discuss options with them. Look at some of the shops that are selling framed prints etc.. See if there is an outlet there? Set your price at what you want for them and let the shop owner market them and sell them for you.

It is one thing to see these images on the screen or printed onto photographic paper but the market for these types of images, is very much in the realms of canvas prints. The canvas will provide that much needed texture to the images, making them almost tactile.

Try printing some out has postcards, some cards and also look at doing a large print of 3 images, mounted and framed.
KatieR e2
10 6.2k 6
16 May 2005 1:52AM
Wow! You have some extraordinary images! Original ideas and unusual style. Good stuff.
And I too love the Triptychs - they are just the job for the wall of a large modern room.
Hope you get lots of interest.
Katie
Ormo 9 17 United Kingdom
16 May 2005 2:08AM
Hi,

Just so you know, when I'm browsing your site on my laptop (at 1024x768) the main image doesn't fit in the browser window, so I end up with a horizontal scrollbar...

Also if you are interested in selling images through it make it more apparent that they are available to buy within the galleries themselves. And make it easier to enquire about them as soon as the veiwer thinks "hmmm thats a great image..." rather than having to browse to another page. Maybe with just an email link on the page or a link to the contact page...

But yeah, the best way is to get some real exposure. Possibly even let your customers (when you get them) that your site is there and they may refer others to it.
16 May 2005 9:09PM
Hi
Thank you Sabretalon for your kind help, That is a goods idea ,I will invest in a set of 3 Canvas, one photo frame set and a Glow frame and get of my backside a try the Galleries.
I have just had one image done on canvas a few days a go as a try out .I am very pleased with the result looks more like a painted art work than Photo image.
kyd thank you for your comments it has given me the confidence to go out and try.
Hi Ormo I will change the photo image and I must put the prices on the web I am just working them out ,thank you for you time and help.
Yours
Andrew
16 May 2005 9:09PM
Hi
Thank you Sabretalon for your kind help, That is a goods idea ,I will invest in a set of 3 Canvas, one photo frame set and a Glow frame and get of my backside a try the Galleries.
I have just had one image done on canvas a few days a go as a try out .I am very pleased with the result looks more like a painted art work than Photo image.
kyd thank you for your comments it has given me the confidence to go out and try.
Hi Ormo I will change the photo image and I must put the prices on the web I am just working them out ,thank you for you time and help.
Yours
Andrew

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.