Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Would welcome feedback on my revamped website

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    mipettin
    mipettin  10884 forum posts Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Sep 2005 - 11:21 AM

I have relaunched my website for a number of reasons:

1) Getting more enquiries about my work and pricing.
    2) Wanted a slicker website that is easier to update - previous design was awkward to update
    3) Wanted the new site to be easier to navigate
    4) Added details of where my work is on sale
    5) Added contact details post and phone
    6) Designed for 1024x768 (Previous 800x600)

Obviously most of you will not be familiar with the old design - I would value any brief critiques though as it is easy to miss the obvious!

Cheers

Martin

Oh the link is Revamped site

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    18 Sep 2005 - 11:21 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

exclusive
    exclusive  9579 forum posts United Kingdom
    18 Sep 2005 - 11:31 AM

looks very professional base, but there are lots of empty blocks. why not split up into locations to fill them up for now?

also why not give the image thumbnails names, Image PO3 doesn't look great.

aprt from that it looks great and as it grows it will only get better. one of the best ive ever seen.

dusted
    dusted  9505 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Sep 2005 - 11:41 AM

agreed the empty blocks do detract slightly
    aside from that using safari to view it and it looks fine resolution wise
    the gallery section works fine and thumbnails & main images etc load quickly

keithh
    keithh  1022726 forum posts Wallis and Futuna29 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Sep 2005 - 11:43 AM

Where

Were

say no more.
    Wink

Site looks good though.

mipettin
    18 Sep 2005 - 11:50 AM

-
    Exclusive - thanks for the feedback - not so sure what you mean about P03 - assume you mean the square crop version?

Thanks Keith - not so good at the grammar and always getting these words mixed up!

Agree about blocks but have some ideas for those - such as Abstract, Seascapes and maybe Nature. All about having time!

Dusted thanks for comment about looks fine in Safari and speed - though assume not so great for dial up.
    -

AdrianTurner
    18 Sep 2005 - 3:57 PM

Nice clean look to the site, agree about the empty blocks. If you want the major search engines to index your pages it would be worth changing the information text to actual text rather than images of text, search engines such as google actually read the text on a page and rate the relevance of that text. The textual content of a page will often carry more weight than the keyword metatag.

Adrian.

kevan
    kevan  12447 forum posts
    18 Sep 2005 - 11:23 PM

Quote: Exclusive - thanks for the feedback - not so sure what you mean about P03 - assume you mean the square crop version?

I was wondering what was wrong with the image until I re-read the comment. What he meant was, the phrase "Image PO3" doesn't look as good as a meaningful caption.

Agree with Adrian about using text instead of images; it also makes it much easier to modify.

As for the empty blocks, you could consider making them shades of grey like the menu instead of white, although I'd use light shades. Alternatively, maybe some sort of watermark image or graphic. Have a play and see what looks best.

A final point: I'm not sure there's any need to say how many images there are in the monochrome and panoramic galleries. If/when you have loads of images in a single gallery, hopefully the navigation to the subsequent pages will make it obvious there's more.

Kevan

pulsar69
    pulsar69  101611 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Sep 2005 - 2:13 PM

On your sales screen replace the spelling were with where ! , the photos are fantastic and should do well for you. I dont agree with the squares thing , leaving them blank actually gives people the impression that it is a work in progress and they may bookmark it and come back , so leave them but change the comments to coming soon or such like rather than blank. The only thing I would change from a web design point of view is the block index going from black to white in awkward jumps , it doesnt match the professionalism of the page or the photos.Try making your main page two blocks of 4 with blanks and dropping two more grey links ( home and contact ) underneath to create a symmetry and then centering the whole thing. There is a lot of white space when viewed at high res on a big monitor.
    Hope this helps.
    Andy

mipettin
    26 Sep 2005 - 6:25 AM

-
    Thanks for all the comments. I have implemented a number of changes.

Thanks exclusive - now name the images
    Thanks all - now have less empty boxes
    Adrian - google seems to pick up alt tags okay
    Adrian - agree text will work better - long term project
    Pulsar - will look into your menu proposals
    Pulsar - will check using big monitor - maybe centre table?
    Pulsar and Keith - sorry about the were - will change tonight

Cheers

Martin
    -

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.