Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Would you like to be a moderator with ePHOTOzine?

Jestertheclown 6 6.6k 242 England
7 Feb 2013 8:09PM
. . . I've also been refused entry to 'The Inn on the Park!'

In fact, I've been turned away or thrown out of quite a few rather upmarket establishments across the country.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
8 Feb 2013 12:22AM
I'd never be accepted as a moderator - I'm not on here enough! tongue-dark.jpg

clown-dark.jpg

devilish-dark.jpg

tongue2-dark.jpg

ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
8 Feb 2013 1:08AM
seen the power of the Moderator Login with my own eyes (no names mentioned Wink ) and it's very much like The Matrix when Neo sees it for the first time

not sure I could cope Wink
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
8 Feb 2013 1:28AM

Quote:seen the power of the Moderator Login with my own eyes

Its just fine if you can remember it Smile
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
8 Feb 2013 10:40AM
Thanks for the offers so far. We will be posting the message in our next newsletter and then after a few days making a decision.
Any more interested members should post a report.
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
8 Feb 2013 11:00AM

Quote:seen the power of the Moderator Login with my own eyes

Its just fine if you can remember it Smile

they wiped my memory Wink

actually was fun looking at deleted controversial threads and the like....
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
8 Feb 2013 11:19AM

Quote:seen the power of the Moderator Login with my own eyes (no names mentioned Wink ) and it's very much like The Matrix when Neo sees it for the first time

Quote:actually was fun looking at deleted controversial threads and the like....

That is quite disturbing if people outside of The Team / Moderators have been given access to such a facility, especially as one person thought it was fun ! !

What assurance can given that this is not a common occurrence and that any Reports that may or might be submitted are treated in confidence within The Team.
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
8 Feb 2013 2:30PM
I was never "given access" - just happened to be sat next to a mod once and had a nosy at what they do.

The only way to assure people that this will never happen is to lock all the moderators in a room for the duration of their mod-ship - is that what you want?
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
8 Feb 2013 3:29PM

Quote:

The only way to assure people that this will never happen is to lock all the moderators in a room for the duration of their mod-ship - is that what you want?

You mean they don't do this already???

Malc
8 Feb 2013 7:24PM
I was an admin on a big photography site a few years ago and I can still feel the daggers in my back lol ...good luck :0) Pete missed out not to be phased by being lied about, vindictive whispering campaigns, abusive emails, orchestrated hate campaigns etc etc lol ... Photographers can be lovely people ... Unless of course you upset their fragile sensibilities ;0)
sidaorb e2
8 3.9k 2 England
8 Feb 2013 7:33PM
Moderating is fun, if a little stressful at times and you need a thick skin and the ability to realise when some people (mentioning no names) are just trying to poke you with a stick Tongue . I would love to do it again but just don't have the time.
adrian_w e2
7 3.4k 4 Scotland
9 Feb 2013 5:31PM

Quote:Photographers can be lovely people ... Unless of course you upset their fragile sensibilities ;0)

What by discussing wedding photography? Wink
lawbert 7 1.8k 15 England
13 Feb 2013 8:11PM
It would appear congratulations to Karl are in orderSmileSmile
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
14 Feb 2013 9:33AM

Quote:It would appear congratulations to Karl are in order

Karl has been a moderator for a few years... he fixes the system when it goes down...which you will also notice doesn't happen much, if at all these days. Karl is our web host / server manager.

Just to keep everyone in the loop. We sent out a request in our newsletter and will make a decision in the next few weeks. Many thanks for your interest and patience.
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
14 Feb 2013 10:15AM

Quote:he fixes the system when it goes down...which you will also notice doesn't happen much, if at all these days.

Hope the system is robust enough to cope with the increased traffic when the new feature is introduced Wink

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.