Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Would you like to be a moderator with ePHOTOzine?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Jestertheclown

. . . I've also been refused entry to 'The Inn on the Park!'

In fact, I've been turned away or thrown out of quite a few rather upmarket establishments across the country.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
7 Feb 2013 - 8:09 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139390 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
8 Feb 2013 - 12:22 AM

I'd never be accepted as a moderator - I'm not on here enough! tongue-dark.jpg clown-dark.jpg devilish-dark.jpg tongue2-dark.jpg

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014720 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
8 Feb 2013 - 1:08 AM

seen the power of the Moderator Login with my own eyes (no names mentioned Wink ) and it's very much like The Matrix when Neo sees it for the first time

not sure I could cope Wink

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314906 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
8 Feb 2013 - 1:28 AM

Quote: seen the power of the Moderator Login with my own eyes

Its just fine if you can remember it Smile

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318432 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
8 Feb 2013 - 10:40 AM

Thanks for the offers so far. We will be posting the message in our next newsletter and then after a few days making a decision.
Any more interested members should post a report.

ade_mcfade
8 Feb 2013 - 11:00 AM

Quote: seen the power of the Moderator Login with my own eyes

Its just fine if you can remember it Smile

they wiped my memory Wink

actually was fun looking at deleted controversial threads and the like....

JJGEE
JJGEE  96216 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
8 Feb 2013 - 11:19 AM

Quote: seen the power of the Moderator Login with my own eyes (no names mentioned Wink ) and it's very much like The Matrix when Neo sees it for the first time

Quote: actually was fun looking at deleted controversial threads and the like....

That is quite disturbing if people outside of The Team / Moderators have been given access to such a facility, especially as one person thought it was fun ! !

What assurance can given that this is not a common occurrence and that any Reports that may or might be submitted are treated in confidence within The Team.

Last Modified By JJGEE at 8 Feb 2013 - 11:19 AM
ade_mcfade
8 Feb 2013 - 2:30 PM

I was never "given access" - just happened to be sat next to a mod once and had a nosy at what they do.

The only way to assure people that this will never happen is to lock all the moderators in a room for the duration of their mod-ship - is that what you want?

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43607 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
8 Feb 2013 - 3:29 PM

Quote:

The only way to assure people that this will never happen is to lock all the moderators in a room for the duration of their mod-ship - is that what you want?

You mean they don't do this already???

Malc

monstersnowman

I was an admin on a big photography site a few years ago and I can still feel the daggers in my back lol ...good luck :0) Pete missed out not to be phased by being lied about, vindictive whispering campaigns, abusive emails, orchestrated hate campaigns etc etc lol ... Photographers can be lovely people ... Unless of course you upset their fragile sensibilities ;0)

Last Modified By monstersnowman at 8 Feb 2013 - 7:25 PM
sidaorb
sidaorb  83857 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
8 Feb 2013 - 7:33 PM

Moderating is fun, if a little stressful at times and you need a thick skin and the ability to realise when some people (mentioning no names) are just trying to poke you with a stick Tongue . I would love to do it again but just don't have the time.

adrian_w
adrian_w e2 Member 63279 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
9 Feb 2013 - 5:31 PM

Quote: Photographers can be lovely people ... Unless of course you upset their fragile sensibilities ;0)

What by discussing wedding photography? Wink

lawbert
lawbert  71684 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
13 Feb 2013 - 8:11 PM

It would appear congratulations to Karl are in orderSmileSmile

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318432 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
14 Feb 2013 - 9:33 AM

Quote: It would appear congratulations to Karl are in order

Karl has been a moderator for a few years... he fixes the system when it goes down...which you will also notice doesn't happen much, if at all these days. Karl is our web host / server manager.

Just to keep everyone in the loop. We sent out a request in our newsletter and will make a decision in the next few weeks. Many thanks for your interest and patience.

JJGEE
JJGEE  96216 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
14 Feb 2013 - 10:15 AM

Quote: he fixes the system when it goes down...which you will also notice doesn't happen much, if at all these days.

Hope the system is robust enough to cope with the increased traffic when the new feature is introduced Wink

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.