Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Would you trust amazon ??

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Nick_G
Nick_G  4 England
13 Jul 2012 - 5:36 PM

Many thanks all for taking the time to reply to my post. The deed is done,ordered and payed for. Watch this space !!Tongue

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
13 Jul 2012 - 5:36 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139367 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jul 2012 - 5:44 PM

But don't blame us if all goes wrong!! Grin Grin

..................................... just kidding, I'm sure it'll be fine. Wink

Graysta
Graysta  91118 forum posts England
13 Jul 2012 - 7:34 PM

Quote: Would you trust amazon ??

Yes

tpfkapm
tpfkapm  3129 forum posts United Kingdom
13 Jul 2012 - 9:02 PM

yes, no problem

generally the problem is th delivery companies.

daviewat
daviewat  104103 forum posts Scotland
13 Jul 2012 - 9:12 PM

Quote: Yes, no problem

generally the problem is the delivery companies.

Oh how very true I am trying to claim insurance just now for an item I sold and buyer received not just damaged but removed altogether from the inner packaging. Delivery was bought through Amazon from a company called collectplus a total nightmare it has been really. And Amazon always do take the word of the buyer and issue a chargeback without much investigation or even ask for proof of damage or anything at all !!!!!!!!!!

Lordharding
13 Jul 2012 - 10:04 PM

Just had my toploader 50 delivered today by amazon 4 days after ordering and saving 16 on jesssps price
Had 2 memories cards and a lens cloth and cleaner all delivered in the last 2 weeks
Just waiting on the red 3200 comeing into stock so I can place my order

No worries with amazon Infact I only look around shops for ideas now and to keep the better half happy
Amazon is great and I never look at eBay now

pluckyfilly
pluckyfilly e2 Member 7282 forum postspluckyfilly vcard United Kingdom33 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jul 2012 - 10:34 PM

I am a little late with my opinion but never had a problem with Amazon and use them a lot, trust me they are excellent

cymroDan
cymroDan  7174 forum posts
14 Jul 2012 - 10:47 AM

Yeah, I recently bought my D7000 from them. I'd stick to sold by Amazon though, rather than fulfilled by Amazon.

robway
robway e2 Member 9317 forum postsrobway vcard Wales
14 Jul 2012 - 2:42 PM

I have seen a few Canon 5D Mk 2 cameras on Amazon Marketplace at ridiculously low prices in the past week. I am after such a camera but I have been put off but the fact that the seller has just launched and there is no feedback. I am working on the theory if the price is too good to be true, then it must be, Having said that, if you pay by credit card and Amazon have a guarantee in operation there doesn't seem to be much of a risk.

I bought my 7D through Amazon, not the Marketplace, and it turned out to be faulty. Amazon replaced it by courier post the next day. Amazon itself give a superb service.

Nick_G
Nick_G  4 England
17 Jul 2012 - 4:27 PM

Happy to report camera safely arrived from Amazon, good comms and price, I'm a happy bunny Grin

Just posted another question though about the battery

CORNISHBOY
27 Jul 2012 - 9:54 PM

I have bought Hundreds of Items over the last few Years, from Amazzon and have allways been very pleased with them. Exellant company no complaints very Trustworthy.

Last Modified By CORNISHBOY at 27 Jul 2012 - 9:56 PM
Margaret101
3 Aug 2012 - 5:32 PM

I have used Amazon a number of times. They always have delivered and sent messages as to when dispatched and expected date of arrival. (it usually is sooner than later). I always use a credit card for purchases as it seems there is some protection with them compared with normal bank account card. Not had to return any item so can't comment on that.

ChrisV
ChrisV  7663 forum posts United Kingdom26 Constructive Critique Points
4 Aug 2012 - 10:53 AM

Had my fingers burned slightly. Bought the Panasonic 1-300mm lens on Amazon, supplied by Shaftway. Turns out it was foreign sourced (no indication of that anywhere) and therefore ineligible for the 50 cashback (Paul on here reminded me to claim!) - which made the attractive price not very good after all.

I've contacted Amazon about this to see what their policy is regarding this. I await their response with interest...

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 53992 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
4 Aug 2012 - 11:01 AM

Whilst I've had no trouble the Amazon, I did have to return a lens once which was problem-free, but the box holding the lens was not sealed. I'm always a bit suspicious when I get "new" stuff in an unsealed box.

BarrieNeilPhotography

Quote: supplied by Shaftway.

If only there had been a clue ........ GrinGrinGrinGrin

I hope you get it sorted

Last Modified By BarrieNeilPhotography at 4 Aug 2012 - 3:02 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.