Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Would you trust amazon ??

Nick_G e2
5 38 England
13 Jul 2012 5:36PM
Many thanks all for taking the time to reply to my post. The deed is done,ordered and payed for. Watch this space !!Tongue

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
13 Jul 2012 5:44PM
But don't blame us if all goes wrong!! Grin Grin

..................................... just kidding, I'm sure it'll be fine. Wink
Graysta e2
9 1.1k England
13 Jul 2012 7:34PM

Quote:Would you trust amazon ??

Yes
tpfkapm e2
3 151 United Kingdom
13 Jul 2012 9:02PM
yes, no problem

generally the problem is th delivery companies.
daviewat e2
11 4.1k Scotland
13 Jul 2012 9:12PM

Quote:Yes, no problem

generally the problem is the delivery companies.

Oh how very true I am trying to claim insurance just now for an item I sold and buyer received not just damaged but removed altogether from the inner packaging. Delivery was bought through Amazon from a company called collectplus a total nightmare it has been really. And Amazon always do take the word of the buyer and issue a chargeback without much investigation or even ask for proof of damage or anything at all !!!!!!!!!!
13 Jul 2012 10:04PM
Just had my toploader 50 delivered today by amazon 4 days after ordering and saving 16 on jesssps price
Had 2 memories cards and a lens cloth and cleaner all delivered in the last 2 weeks
Just waiting on the red 3200 comeing into stock so I can place my order

No worries with amazon Infact I only look around shops for ideas now and to keep the better half happy
Amazon is great and I never look at eBay now
pluckyfilly e2
8 319 33 United Kingdom
13 Jul 2012 10:34PM
I am a little late with my opinion but never had a problem with Amazon and use them a lot, trust me they are excellent
cymroDan e2
7 174
14 Jul 2012 10:47AM
Yeah, I recently bought my D7000 from them. I'd stick to sold by Amazon though, rather than fulfilled by Amazon.
robway e2
10 317 Wales
14 Jul 2012 2:42PM
I have seen a few Canon 5D Mk 2 cameras on Amazon Marketplace at ridiculously low prices in the past week. I am after such a camera but I have been put off but the fact that the seller has just launched and there is no feedback. I am working on the theory if the price is too good to be true, then it must be, Having said that, if you pay by credit card and Amazon have a guarantee in operation there doesn't seem to be much of a risk.

I bought my 7D through Amazon, not the Marketplace, and it turned out to be faulty. Amazon replaced it by courier post the next day. Amazon itself give a superb service.
Nick_G e2
5 38 England
17 Jul 2012 4:27PM
Happy to report camera safely arrived from Amazon, good comms and price, I'm a happy bunny Grin

Just posted another question though about the battery
27 Jul 2012 9:54PM
I have bought Hundreds of Items over the last few Years, from Amazzon and have allways been very pleased with them. Exellant company no complaints very Trustworthy.
I have used Amazon a number of times. They always have delivered and sent messages as to when dispatched and expected date of arrival. (it usually is sooner than later). I always use a credit card for purchases as it seems there is some protection with them compared with normal bank account card. Not had to return any item so can't comment on that.
ChrisV e2
8 889 26 United Kingdom
4 Aug 2012 10:53AM
Had my fingers burned slightly. Bought the Panasonic 1-300mm lens on Amazon, supplied by Shaftway. Turns out it was foreign sourced (no indication of that anywhere) and therefore ineligible for the 50 cashback (Paul on here reminded me to claim!) - which made the attractive price not very good after all.

I've contacted Amazon about this to see what their policy is regarding this. I await their response with interest...
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
4 Aug 2012 11:01AM
Whilst I've had no trouble the Amazon, I did have to return a lens once which was problem-free, but the box holding the lens was not sealed. I'm always a bit suspicious when I get "new" stuff in an unsealed box.

Quote:supplied by Shaftway.

If only there had been a clue ........ GrinGrinGrinGrin

I hope you get it sorted

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.