Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Would you trust amazon ??

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

ChrisV
ChrisV  7786 forum posts United Kingdom26 Constructive Critique Points
5 Aug 2012 - 11:31 AM

You're absolutely right - I was tempted to buy from Fou-Kyu, but thought they sounded from that abroad. Or something. Tongue

Will let you all know what Amazon has to say about this, assuming they will reply.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
5 Aug 2012 - 11:31 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

BarrieNeilPhotography

Amazon always reply. Did you use their proper reporting system rather than 'just' an email?

ChrisV
5 Aug 2012 - 11:39 AM

Yes - it was an email via their own reporting system, related to the purchase in question. I only sent that the tail end of this week - I'm not at the moment doubting they'll respond.

macroman
macroman  1115312 forum posts England
5 Aug 2012 - 3:45 PM

i ordered some stuff from Amazon, which did not turn up, I tracked the items to the carrier and found that they had been there for several days, E-mails to the carrier were not replied to and phone calls just had me hanging on for ages.
Contacted Amazon, who replied within the hour asking me to recheck with supplier.
still no go..... re E-mailed Aamazon, again reply within a couple of hours saying they would check with carrier. next day Amazon replied that the items were 'lost' (Despite tracking reporting them still at carrier?), and that they were sending fresh items by express delivery at no extra charge.
Items arrived two days later.
That's what I call good customer support.
Amazon are ok, it's the carrier that is crap!

ChrisV
6 Aug 2012 - 11:26 AM

'Twould appear it's a case of caveat emptor. Amazon UK actually warehouse as well as ship the stuff they fulfil, but they don't appear concerned about grey imports or the transparency of their third-party sellers. I could return the goods for a full refund, but then I'd be without the lens and Amazon themselves are out of stock and quoting 1-3 months in supplying it themselves [by which time the offer would have expired and with it the time I'd most particularly use the lens].

It would've been cheaper in the long run to buy it elsewhere and get 50 off. So I've got a grey import lens and spent a little bit more on it than I might have otherwise.

So that's it - you can buy from Amazon with confidence, so long as it is with Amazon themselves. Beware of third party sellers - particularly if they don't state explicitly that their goods are UK sourced [Shaftway do not mention this either way]. I'll certainly be more careful in the future and not expect Amazon to guarantee that sort of thing. Having actually spoken to one of their customer care reps the message was - albeit couched in polite and professional terms - tough ****.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.