Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

WTF

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315362 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
26 Jan 2012 - 9:39 PM

No only since they became my supplier three years ago

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
26 Jan 2012 - 9:39 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

CathyT
CathyT e2 Member 87276 forum postsCathyT vcard United Kingdom18 Constructive Critique Points
26 Jan 2012 - 9:46 PM

I often find that persistent arguing is the key.........it took me 5 days to get 40 bank charges back from the bank who wouldn't budge an inch. I phoned the Ombudsman and then phoned the bank asking for a final response letter and within an hour the bank had phoned and dropped all charges....

Don't give them any money.......

Last Modified By CathyT at 26 Jan 2012 - 9:48 PM
rambler
rambler e2 Member 6474 forum postsrambler vcard England14 Constructive Critique Points
26 Jan 2012 - 9:50 PM

Citizens Advice Bureau is my advice. they have experts in this type of thing and it's free.

ken.

CathyT
CathyT e2 Member 87276 forum postsCathyT vcard United Kingdom18 Constructive Critique Points
26 Jan 2012 - 9:51 PM

Just had a chat with hubby....who installs gas meters etc and he says they can only go back a year for domestic meters.......

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1023035 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
26 Jan 2012 - 9:52 PM

Quote: I often find that persistent arguing is the key.........

I never thought I'd hear a woman say that!!
Wink

(sorry, Paul - back to the thread)

CathyT
26 Jan 2012 - 9:53 PM

Shut it birthday boy

(sorry , Paul - back on the thread)

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315362 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
26 Jan 2012 - 9:54 PM

Yes 12 months I think is the max, but since it was them and not me, and there`s was no way of me being able to see there error, why should I pay up.

monstersnowman
26 Jan 2012 - 9:55 PM

Quote: I often find that persistent arguing is the key.........it took me 5 days to get 40 bank charges back from the bank who wouldn't budge an inch. I phoned the Ombudsman and then phoned the bank asking for a final response letter and within an hour the bank had phoned and dropped all charges....

Don't give them any money.......

Oh yes its always worth arguing till the bitter end ... I have never actually paid a bank charge in my whole life, despite having had many. I always apply sympathy, good customer, hepless and usually well behaved customer and longtime customer going elsewhere leverage to my attempts and they have given in EVERY time ... there is always a first time I guess.

Good luck Paul. Hope things go well for you.

CathyT
26 Jan 2012 - 10:02 PM

Quote: Oh yes its always worth arguing till the bitter end ... I have never actually paid a bank charge in my whole life, despite having had many. I always apply sympathy, good customer, hepless and usually well behaved customer and longtime customer going elsewhere leverage to my attempts and they have given in EVERY time ...

The banks don't seem to care about that any more....we had been with them for 18 yrs and ran our account well....I don't mind paying legit charges but these were rogue charges...they lost our custom in the end.

but back to Pauls dilemma ............they are in the wrong.....launch a formal complaint and go down that route..if you get no joy then Ombudsman.

Last Modified By CathyT at 26 Jan 2012 - 10:07 PM
Paul Morgan
26 Jan 2012 - 10:15 PM

Thanks, I`ll wait for the letter and a revised bill showing a different formula first, just to give me something written to go on, rather than just verbal.

cambirder
cambirder  107202 forum posts England
26 Jan 2012 - 10:27 PM

Quote: why should I pay up.

Probably because its in your contract Sad

The law allows them to claim underpayment for 12 months regardless of who is to blame, so I think the only way you will get out of it is by trying to ware them down so they give you a good will gesture.

mikehit
mikehit  56469 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
26 Jan 2012 - 10:56 PM

Paul - could you claim that your decision to switch suppliers was based in part on the charging rates they sent to you and as those are clearly incorrect they got your services by misleading you...?

Paul Morgan
27 Jan 2012 - 12:02 AM

Quote: Paul - could you claim that your decision to switch suppliers was based in part on the charging rates they sent to you and as those are clearly incorrect they got your services by misleading you...?

I don`t think so, charging rates, to be honest I`ve never had a clue, I just get the impression that someone somewhere cocked up with there initial meter reading.

big fella
big fella  11485 forum posts England
27 Jan 2012 - 12:58 AM

Plenty of advice on here already; I would only add that you take a look at the Consumer Action Group website. It is full of useful info on all consumer matters, debt, banks etc. They do have a breadth of knowledge and lots of free helpful advice. They also have a range of template letters to suit all circumstances. It's worth a look! I will add that I do not work for them, nor do I supply advice on that site and that other similar sites may be available.

:0)

User_Removed
27 Jan 2012 - 7:08 PM

Quote: Its not down to you to check their end of the business......If you've been supplying them with the correct meter readings then thats about all you can do. The fact that THEY haven't applied the correct formula is their problem....Definitely phone the Ombudsman .

Cathy 'nails it' Paul. It certainly is the tack I would take.

Edit: -

And Andy's input too...

(Sorry for the late response... been 'tad' busy today Smile)

Last Modified By User_Removed at 27 Jan 2012 - 7:09 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.