Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

X-Pro1

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314948 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
15 Mar 2012 - 1:06 AM

Quote: To cover that distance with the x-pro1, you'll need the 3 lenses

And over 3K Sad

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
15 Mar 2012 - 1:06 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Excelsior
Excelsior  2
15 Mar 2012 - 6:04 AM

Looks like I'll be saving my money to make purchases in the future. By that time maybe the zoom lenses will be out in the market.

One lens for scenery, landscape

One lens for all purpose.

One lens for portraits and macro photography

I could live with starting up a collection of Fujinon pro lenses. Just would not want them to change lens mounts on me sometime in the not too distant future

MediumSizeUnavailable

would be surprised if Fuji would make a zoom lens for the x-pro1.

randomrubble
15 Mar 2012 - 2:02 PM

Quote: Would be surprised if Fuji would make a zoom lens for the x-pro1.

From the leaked roadmap and from all the other info out there, I think they are committed to a zoom.

banehawi
banehawi Critique Team 10781 forum postsbanehawi vcard Canada2798 Constructive Critique Points
25 Mar 2012 - 6:03 PM

Put of a few test shots on my PF, - have an Xpro-1 with a 35mm for a couple of days trial.

http://www.ephotozine.com/user/banehawi-20793/gallery/photo/fuji-xpro-1-test-227...

W

Camairish
Camairish  81276 forum posts Scotland
14 Apr 2012 - 7:34 PM

Gets reviewed in this month's BJP and also Luminous Landscape did a piece recently. Both make interesting reading in that while they concur that image quality is indeed fantastic, the aspect that Fuji seem to promote most avidly (the viewfinder) is not the holy grail it purports to be. Luminous Landscape refer to it as a 'quirky gem' !!

topsyrm
topsyrm e2 Member 3topsyrm vcard
25 Nov 2012 - 11:09 AM

Just ordered one, hope I'm not dissapointed. I have the X10 which I think is fantastic and partly why I chose to take the plunge. I will need diopter adjusters though and as yet haven't found a supplier? Anyone know who supplies in UK?

topsyrm
2 Dec 2012 - 11:29 AM

Quote: Just ordered one, hope I'm not dissapointed. I have the X10 which I think is fantastic and partly why I chose to take the plunge. I will need diopter adjusters though and as yet haven't found a supplier? Anyone know who supplies in UK?

Had it now for 4 days, took a while to get used to its quirks but once I had updated the firmware it ironed out most of the slight dissapointments (low light focussing, focus speed, lens aperture clatter etc). Now all I can say is I whsh I had taken the plunge sooner. IQ is excellent with hardly any discernable loss of quality up to 3200 ISO and very good results from 6400. IQ is way better than my Nikon D3 at higher ISO. I am certainly not dissapointed, watch out for some high end Nikon kit on eBay. Grin

urdygurdy
urdygurdy  5136 forum posts United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
2 Dec 2012 - 9:02 PM

dscf6041.jpg

Aftern being an avid X10 user for nealry 12 months, i love this camera so it just seemed the right thing to upgrade to, i am keeping x10 though

So i ordered mine on Thursday, it arrived Friday. Unfortunately i have to wait for 35mm lens to arrive separably due to 7 day delay because of low stock issues.

so cant wait to give it a try out

Daz

Last Modified By urdygurdy at 2 Dec 2012 - 9:03 PM
david357
david357  5 United Kingdom
5 Dec 2012 - 8:31 PM

Quote: Just ordered one, hope I'm not dissapointed. I have the X10 which I think is fantastic and partly why I chose to take the plunge. I will need diopter adjusters though and as yet haven't found a supplier? Anyone know who supplies in UK?

You can get diopters direct from Fuji now, or from any Fuji dealer.

topsyrm
5 Dec 2012 - 8:38 PM

You can get diopters direct from Fuji now, or from any Fuji dealer.

Thanks David, funny thing is since I have had it and used it I haven't found the need. I was convinced I would need one because all my on other cameras I have needed to adjst the dioptre adjuster (including my X10) but as I said I haven't found it a problem with the X-Pro1???????

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.