Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

X-Pro1

Paul Morgan e2
13 15.7k 6 England
15 Mar 2012 1:06AM

Quote:To cover that distance with the x-pro1, you'll need the 3 lenses

And over 3K Sad

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Excelsior 2 3
15 Mar 2012 6:04AM
Looks like I'll be saving my money to make purchases in the future. By that time maybe the zoom lenses will be out in the market.

One lens for scenery, landscape

One lens for all purpose.

One lens for portraits and macro photography

I could live with starting up a collection of Fujinon pro lenses. Just would not want them to change lens mounts on me sometime in the not too distant future
15 Mar 2012 1:41PM
would be surprised if Fuji would make a zoom lens for the x-pro1.
randomrubble 10 3.0k 12 United Kingdom
15 Mar 2012 2:02PM

Quote:Would be surprised if Fuji would make a zoom lens for the x-pro1.

From the leaked roadmap and from all the other info out there, I think they are committed to a zoom.
banehawi e2
10 933 2945 Canada
25 Mar 2012 6:03PM
Put of a few test shots on my PF, - have an Xpro-1 with a 35mm for a couple of days trial.

http://www.ephotozine.com/user/banehawi-20793/gallery/photo/fuji-xpro-1-test-22710864

W
Camairish 9 1.3k Scotland
14 Apr 2012 7:34PM
Gets reviewed in this month's BJP and also Luminous Landscape did a piece recently. Both make interesting reading in that while they concur that image quality is indeed fantastic, the aspect that Fuji seem to promote most avidly (the viewfinder) is not the holy grail it purports to be. Luminous Landscape refer to it as a 'quirky gem' !!
topsyrm e2
3 27
25 Nov 2012 11:09AM
Just ordered one, hope I'm not dissapointed. I have the X10 which I think is fantastic and partly why I chose to take the plunge. I will need diopter adjusters though and as yet haven't found a supplier? Anyone know who supplies in UK?
topsyrm e2
3 27
2 Dec 2012 11:29AM

Quote:Just ordered one, hope I'm not dissapointed. I have the X10 which I think is fantastic and partly why I chose to take the plunge. I will need diopter adjusters though and as yet haven't found a supplier? Anyone know who supplies in UK?

Had it now for 4 days, took a while to get used to its quirks but once I had updated the firmware it ironed out most of the slight dissapointments (low light focussing, focus speed, lens aperture clatter etc). Now all I can say is I whsh I had taken the plunge sooner. IQ is excellent with hardly any discernable loss of quality up to 3200 ISO and very good results from 6400. IQ is way better than my Nikon D3 at higher ISO. I am certainly not dissapointed, watch out for some high end Nikon kit on eBay. Grin
urdygurdy 6 136 3 United Kingdom
2 Dec 2012 9:02PM
dscf6041.jpg

Aftern being an avid X10 user for nealry 12 months, i love this camera so it just seemed the right thing to upgrade to, i am keeping x10 though

So i ordered mine on Thursday, it arrived Friday. Unfortunately i have to wait for 35mm lens to arrive separably due to 7 day delay because of low stock issues.

so cant wait to give it a try out

Daz
david357 5 12 United Kingdom
5 Dec 2012 8:31PM

Quote:Just ordered one, hope I'm not dissapointed. I have the X10 which I think is fantastic and partly why I chose to take the plunge. I will need diopter adjusters though and as yet haven't found a supplier? Anyone know who supplies in UK?

You can get diopters direct from Fuji now, or from any Fuji dealer.
topsyrm e2
3 27
5 Dec 2012 8:38PM

You can get diopters direct from Fuji now, or from any Fuji dealer.

Thanks David, funny thing is since I have had it and used it I haven't found the need. I was convinced I would need one because all my on other cameras I have needed to adjst the dioptre adjuster (including my X10) but as I said I haven't found it a problem with the X-Pro1???????

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.