Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

X100 lock up

petemasty e2
5 155 England
12 Mar 2012 2:58PM
Well, for the first time my X100 has completely locked up. It's the latest firmware (1.13), and only about 1000 shutter actuations (so surely cant be SAB). Was shooting in AF-C, pressed AEL/AFL button, took a shot. Waited for the OVF hybrid screen to come back again after the preview, took another, then another and then; LOCK UP. Switched it off but still had the OVf hybrid screen showing. Replaced the battery which helped, but again after a few more shots it happened again.

anyone else experienced this? It's off back to Fuji now, but would be interested in others experience of this. I understand from previous thread son other forums/forae/fora, the latest firmware upgrade solved this.

for what its worth, i use an extreme pro SD card, so it aint the write speed surely.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

dathersmith e2
7 550 12 England
12 Mar 2012 6:07PM
Touch wood mine's been OK so far but I seem to remember Damien Lovegrove having issues with his. I've found a blog entry of his here but seem to remember him having another issue following this.
petemasty e2
5 155 England
12 Mar 2012 9:49PM
Cheers dather. Interesting article. I hope it is going to be a quick and easy software bug fix (assuming it is nothing more serious)
dcash29 e2
9 2.0k England
13 Mar 2012 12:07AM
Im sure ive read somewhere theres a sticking shutter issue with that model?
petemasty e2
5 155 England
13 Mar 2012 10:07AM
There is a sticky aperture blade issue with the X100, but i havent had it on mine. That said, I've only taken just over 1000 actuations with it as I'm not one to shoot indiscriminately. No, mine has just locked up, and unless i change the battery it will remain locked up until the battery runs out of juice. Only noticed it yesterday. Never had it beofre. common denominator? latest firmware update? who knows.
dcash29 e2
9 2.0k England
13 Mar 2012 10:55AM
I realised it wasnt concerning the blades but the edit option ended before i could ammend
petemasty e2
5 155 England
13 Mar 2012 3:11PM
Founs someone else who has had the same problem. It would seem that Fuji have had his camera for a fair amount of time now, which consering they try and turn around in 48hrs is somewhat disconcerting.
Gudgeon e2
7 128 England
13 Mar 2012 10:58PM
Mine's just developed the SAB issue.
In the process of sorting out where to send it. Sad
petemasty e2
5 155 England
14 Mar 2012 2:07PM
Fujifilm UK. Go to their website, ring them or send them an email. Theyll send you a box for you to post it to them.
Gudgeon e2
7 128 England
14 Mar 2012 10:40PM
petemasty thanks for the info.
Sending out a box is good service Smile
petemasty e2
5 155 England
20 Mar 2012 12:40PM
the camera is winging its way back to me. the circuit board has been replaced. thought you may like to know.
Gudgeon e2
7 128 England
20 Mar 2012 9:23PM
I must have had all the luck in the world then.
Having registered the fault, I received the packaging to send the camera to them free of charge via express parcel post.
They received it Monday and today it's on it's way back to me.
Assuming everything is OK, it's a 1st class service experience for me.
Of course it would have been better had the fault not occurred in the first place I guess.
The tracking doesn't tell me what's been done, I assume you contacted them direct petemasty.

Kev
petemasty e2
5 155 England
21 Mar 2012 11:24AM
I now have the unit back . Works fine now. I dropped them an email to ask what they did. Thats when they told me they completely replaced the circuit board. There was bnothing with the camera indicating what they had done, so i think you need to contact them directly and ask.

also, firmware 1.2 is now out.
Gudgeon e2
7 128 England
21 Mar 2012 10:43PM
Mine arrived back at lunchtime today.
The return slip inside said new lens unit, which I assume includes the shutter and mechanism.
Either way we appear now to be two happier bunnies.

Thanks for the heads up on the new firmware.
petemasty e2
5 155 England
22 Mar 2012 9:59PM
Hang fire on the firmware update. There's a problem with the manual focus. My camera is going back to Fuji, yet again.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.