Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Get on1's Perfect Effects 9.5 for FREE! (£48 value)

xz-2 frozen, any suggestions welome

headwax 1 3
20 Jul 2013 5:02AM
Hi, bought an XZ-2 a few months ago, very happy.
Taken lots of photos.
A few weeks ago dropped it on the road! No apparent damage. Have taken quite a few photos since.
This morning I was taking photos of a painting. I noticed one side of the painting was out of focus and figured it was depth of field being too shallow.

While fiddling with the camera settings it's just gone dead. The battery won't charge through the camera. The lens is frozen at the open position. No life at all.
As far as I can remember the battery was half charged.

Couldn't find any data for troubleshooting this. Wondered if their is a reset method - eg hold down two buttons and stand on left leg etc

But seriously, any suggestions very welcome. !

thanks in advance

(PS yes I know now not to drop it Smile )

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan 14 16.7k 6 England
20 Jul 2013 5:20AM
Looks like the lens has jammed, there is not a lot you can do apart from sending if off for repair.
headwax 1 3
20 Jul 2013 5:29AM
Thanks Paul, yes I was trying to avoid sending it away but I think you are right Sad
Thanks for the feedback!
headwax 1 3
20 Jul 2013 6:05AM
Hi Paul, I just found the answer - same problem with the xz-1 apparently - the trick was to take the battery out for half and hour and then replace it - works now ....??

thanks again Smile
22 Jul 2013 4:18AM
Had the same with my XZ1, thought it was knackered, was just a flat battery too charge it on the mains, may just work. Chen
headwax 1 3
22 Jul 2013 5:22AM
Thanks Chen, yes it is working now thank you. Gah, I was dreading sending it away with the lens jammed open,

cheers from ox Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.