Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Yet another 'Click Thread'

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

ketch
ketch e2 Member 6770 forum postsketch vcard Turks and Caicos Islands50 Constructive Critique Points
27 Feb 2009 - 3:17 PM

I had my 100 upoad here on EPZ this week - and I thought I would use the opportunity to check my batting average.

What we need is a sort of Wisden for EPZ!

Anyway 100 uploads (a few have been non click ones Critique gallery etc) but my 100 has attracted a total of 2575 votes so I have an average of 25.75 - nothing to write home about but good enough for a lower order player maybe?

But how many comments have I added to the site in all this time? Well in fact I recon I am a net contributor with 4642 comments. So much for Click clique clubs - it means I have to make 1.8 comments to solicit one return click!!!

The maths is not quite this simple - this doesn't account for non comment clicks (which I very rarely do) or as noted above uploading onto the critique gallery.

Anyway what this means who knows - but it would appear that a click on one of my images is good value for money (in terms of a return click!!)

Only click fishing, I mean joking BTW.

Cheers

Robert

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
27 Feb 2009 - 3:17 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

GreyMoonRising
27 Feb 2009 - 3:20 PM

Best thing to do is delete everyone of your gallery photos from time to time...it confuses people.

GreyMoonRising
27 Feb 2009 - 3:20 PM

Unless you are worried about votes and all the nonsense.

Grin

dwilkin
dwilkin e2 Member 724249 forum postsdwilkin vcard United Kingdom
27 Feb 2009 - 3:22 PM

Actually, I view it more as a chance to see how my photography has changed over time...

Last Modified By dwilkin at 27 Feb 2009 - 3:25 PM
ketch
ketch e2 Member 6770 forum postsketch vcard Turks and Caicos Islands50 Constructive Critique Points
27 Feb 2009 - 3:25 PM

Is there in fact a maximum number of images or does it just go on forever and ever.

I certainly don't want to delete everything (some of these images are no longer saved anywhere else - not that anyone other than me would care about this).

Cheers

Robert

ketch
27 Feb 2009 - 3:26 PM

I am of course deeply concerned about things like votes and comments that is why I am here just like everyone else.

Cheers

Robert

GreyMoonRising
27 Feb 2009 - 3:30 PM

I have never gotten past 16 pics as I tend to delete them before that...just because.

ketch
27 Feb 2009 - 3:36 PM

What happens to any PF comments when you delete everything (this could be quite an amusing reason for deletion in fact) - or have you disabled this part of your PF?

Robert

GreyMoonRising
27 Feb 2009 - 3:37 PM

No I just delete everything...votes, comments...everything.

ketch
27 Feb 2009 - 3:42 PM

That is so sad - actually I worked briefly in commercial theatre and I was always totally amazed by how much effort and sheer brilliance went into producing something so transient.

Longevity is certainly no reflection of excellence.

I suspect what you do is a much healthier option - unlike my hoarding and being prescious 'about my stuff' approach.

Cheers

Robert

GreyMoonRising
27 Feb 2009 - 3:44 PM

Robert old mate...if the only reason you go about trying to get some wonderful photographs is simply to get votes etc...maybe you should take up painting or something?

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014740 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
27 Feb 2009 - 3:45 PM

And that's why I make a point of never commenting on your work Grey - what's the point if it's going to be gone in a few days? :-(

4000 comments is a hell of a lot for 100 shots posted!

I've done about 7000 comments for 1700 shots!

Need to look at my stats actually as I've no idea how many of each I've done, but it's around that mark I think.

EDIT...

here you go

Active photos 1554
Active forum topics / messages 239/ 6797
Active gallery comments 7291

I find the clicks I get are directly proportional to the predictablilty and un-originality of the shots I post

Last Modified By ade_mcfade at 27 Feb 2009 - 3:47 PM
GreyMoonRising
27 Feb 2009 - 3:46 PM

Ade_mcfade I would take a vote or comment from you as a compliment to be honest...but it would soon be gone all the same.

Smile

"it's not you...it's me"

Last Modified By GreyMoonRising at 27 Feb 2009 - 3:48 PM
ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014740 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
27 Feb 2009 - 3:49 PM

I have clicked one or 2....

GreyMoonRising
27 Feb 2009 - 3:50 PM

Ty and yes they are...gone.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.