Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Yet another new site....mine!!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Snapper_T
Snapper_T e2 Member 10848 forum postsSnapper_T vcard United Kingdom
27 Nov 2005 - 7:55 AM

Along with quite a few on here, I've decided to have my own web page. Try this link for kingsimages.
Comments welcome.

Trev

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
27 Nov 2005 - 7:55 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mr g
mr g  9403 forum posts United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
27 Nov 2005 - 9:08 AM

Images look good.
Not too keen on the large bold font it seems to shout out a little and doesn't seem to match the cool/trendy grey - just my opinion for what it's worth
Good luck with the site
Rob

mdpontin
mdpontin  106016 forum posts Scotland
27 Nov 2005 - 9:08 AM

Just taken an initial glance, Trev, and it looks pretty good. And some very fine photos too, I might add!

All the best.

Doug

Snapper_T
27 Nov 2005 - 10:34 AM

Rob - I've changed the font size on the front page to the size I originally set it at. For some reason I resized. But now sorted.

Cheers Doug.

strawman
strawman  1021997 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
27 Nov 2005 - 10:57 AM

Sorry the font is still big and shouty on my machine. The images look good though.

c_evans99
c_evans99  107013 forum posts Wales1 Constructive Critique Points
27 Nov 2005 - 11:04 AM

It does look rather chunky in IE - OK in Opera and Firefox tho - might be something in CSS that MS doesn't support yet.

Ceri

deviant
deviant  103024 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
27 Nov 2005 - 11:12 AM

Image on first page is too large (193K). Cut down image sizes to speed up load times. Slow loads never go down well.

Snapper_T
27 Nov 2005 - 11:21 AM

Seems to a prob with the link I've put up, as I have changed the font, and it is smaller, but the link still shows large. Will try to sort.
Trev

allencook
allencook  952 forum posts
27 Nov 2005 - 12:00 PM

Hi Trev,

This is my view for what it's worth. I've had a look at your site. The pictures are good. The load times are very quick. However, when you get to the final image it's only a bit bigger than the thumbnails before it.

I would lose all the frames round each image, make the final image a fair bit bigger (you would gain the area that the frame took up, plus a bit more) You would not have to compress the final images so much either, so the quality would improve. Also because you are not putting frames on anything your processing time would be quicker and you could put more images on the site.

Good luck with the site

Regards Allen

Snapper_T
27 Nov 2005 - 1:24 PM

Thanks for the comment Allen.

Reverting to just images is something I might do, not just for quality or load speed, but to cut down image prep time.

Goatsmilkuk
27 Nov 2005 - 1:33 PM

I like the site, had a look at the Squire padlock, reminds me of being a child as I used to go to school in New Invention very close to the Squire factory could see the tower for miles (well sort of)

Stu

Edit..

Had another look around some good shots, just the colour of the background seems a bit drab, but then it's also good that it does not take over from the shots, could do with a bit more umph I think.Good luck with the site !

Snapper_T
27 Nov 2005 - 2:46 PM

Cheers Stu.

Se7enUK
Se7enUK  9114 forum posts England
5 Dec 2005 - 5:58 AM

Looks good but agree that the bold font is heavy. What are you using for your gallery, as I can't decide what I want to do with my personal siteyet.

All the best
Paul

Mixpix
Mixpix  101058 forum posts England
5 Dec 2005 - 6:09 AM

Paul just looked at yours, spelling mistake at the bottom of your front page, should read redistribute, you left the r out mate.

Mick

Se7enUK
Se7enUK  9114 forum posts England
5 Dec 2005 - 7:16 AM

Cheers Mick, will change later when I am home.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.