Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Yongnuo 565EX

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    AlanJ
    AlanJ e2 Member 1418 forum postsAlanJ vcard England
    19 Nov 2013 - 10:15 AM

I bought one of these last week and have to say it looks the business.
    Busy busy at work so only had an hour last night to have a look. Wow it seems I have a lot to learn!

The booklet that comes with the flash is basic to say the least. Reminds me of the instructions you get with digital watches. You get to set the time in the end but more by trying all the combinations of buttons than following the manual. And you never use all of the functions because you don't know they are there!

I have found some youtube videos which have been helpful in describing some of the controls but wonder if anyone has any resources they can point me to. I wonder if there is an online user manual that is more comprehensive than the one supplied.

A bit like the infinite number of monkeys and time and the writing of Shakespear I'm sure I'll get there in the end but unfortunately I am a few years away from retirement and very busy at work so photography time is scarce enough as it is. I need to understand using a flash in the first place and if I can't control the gear I can see it's going to end up on Ebay Sad.
    So if anyone can point me in the right direction I will be eternally grateful.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    19 Nov 2013 - 10:15 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

chefmarcus
    19 Nov 2013 - 11:43 AM

I am in a similar position to yourself and I am considering the Yongnuo 568ex. I have been looking for information on their products and have found that flashavoc reviews have useful information in addition I have found that John Bodally has a mini tutorial on the flash you mention.

Hope this is of help Marcus

AlanJ
    AlanJ e2 Member 1418 forum postsAlanJ vcard England
    19 Nov 2013 - 1:59 PM

Thanks Marcus. Just had a look at John Bodally and already picked some tips up. Just the right level I think!
    Will look at some more tonight.
    Alan

Cephus
    Cephus  92128 forum posts England
    19 Nov 2013 - 8:38 PM

Is this what you are looking for?? It takes a while to download.

RavenTepes
    19 Nov 2013 - 9:05 PM

I have the 568EX. I must say...I'm very pleased with its results. Yes, there's a bit of a learning curve, but really, it's not terrible.

chefmarcus
    21 Nov 2013 - 10:44 AM

Quote: I have the 568EX. I must say...I'm very pleased with its results. Yes, there's a bit of a learning curve, but really, it's not terrible.

Hi
    I am thinking about the 568 and wondered if you use it as master? If you do what slave do you use?

RavenTepes
    25 Nov 2013 - 5:39 PM

It pretty much lives on my camera. A D7100, to be exact. I was never a fan of on board flash units, especially when using longer lenses, so I picked up the 568EX. I've been thinking about getting 3 more though to run as slaves, but since I have a bunch of dedicated studio lights, haven't gone that far yet.

MrDennis
    MrDennis  5229 forum posts Wales
    4 Dec 2013 - 5:45 PM

The 586exII is Better so is the Nissin Di700. But I guess most have to go with what they can afford..

arhb
    arhb e2 Member 72280 forum postsarhb vcard United Kingdom68 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Dec 2013 - 7:32 PM

Quote: It pretty much lives on my camera. A D7100, to be exact. I was never a fan of on board flash units, especially when using longer lenses, so I picked up the 568EX. I've been thinking about getting 3 more though to run as slaves, but since I have a bunch of dedicated studio lights, haven't gone that far yet.

Have you considered the rf602 or rf603 triggers Raven? I realise they are manual only, but will happily trigger a mix of speedlites and studio strobes together.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.