Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Yongnuo RF-603 Compatible with Nissin Di622?

Nigeyboy 6 537 United Kingdom
7 Sep 2012 10:22AM
Hi EPZers

Just a quick one. I have a Nissin Di622 mk 1 flash, and was wondering if anyone knew if the Yongnuo RF-603 Wireless triggers where compatible with it? Reason i ask, i have tried some other (borrowed) wireless triggers - Cactus ones I think - and they wouldn't fire the flash.

Hoping someone may have the answer on here!

Thanks in advance

Nige

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

johnnyboy114 6 231 106 United Kingdom
7 Sep 2012 2:13PM
Shouldn't be a problem. No idea why they wouldn't as there is nothing to assume there is any block of the signal. The Nissin has a very similar contact patch to many other similarly built flashguns, so maybe there was an issue before? I can only speculate, but pretty sure there shouldn't be a problem. I have the RF-603's and they have fired every flash I have put them on so far, from Speedlights to YongNuo's own cheapy efforts.

Probably doesn't help, but can always try....find the RF's pretty good and reliable for their price.
7 Sep 2012 3:38PM
Thanks for the advice Johnny. Will likely give them a punt. Am looking for a couple of other flashes as well - how do you rate the Yongnuo flashes?
johnnyboy114 6 231 106 United Kingdom
7 Sep 2012 8:15PM
I have been reasonably impressed with them. I have the totally manual ones and they aren't overly powerful, but for strobist work they aren't too bad. Have done me a good job in a few shoots. They work well with the RF's too, but the trigger for them can be a bit loose and sometimes misfires. Just doesn't sit totally tight in the hotshoe. But the flashes have never let me down. A touch plasticky and would be prone to breaking if under hard usage but if you look after them they will be more than sufficient to use off camera. You can now also get TTL versions that might be worth a punt over a Speedlights for instance.....would happily buy more. I already have 3 Smile lol! All for the price of a 430ex!!! Smile
arhb e2
7 2.5k 68 United Kingdom
8 Sep 2012 8:48AM
The RF-602 triggers do not work with the Di866mk1, so I would assume they wont work with the Di622.
I had more, but not total success using PT-04 triggers with the Di866 but would not recommend the set-up as it was very inconsistent.
The Nissin is the only flash that I have had any problems with though.
10 Sep 2012 9:09AM
Thanks again for the feed back - I will get the 603's anyway I think, as I intend to get some other flashes at some point. If they work with the 622 then great, if not, will just have to wait until i have the pennies for the other flash units.
Cheers.
19 Sep 2012 12:45PM
The Di622 won't work with RF-603's as standard, or any other manual flash trigger for that matter.

However, if you contact Kenro (www.kenro.co.uk) they can upgrade the firmware inside the Di622 to fix that problem. I had mine upgraded about a year ago and can confirm that it works fine with RF-603's now.

Kenro upgraded the flashgun and returned it free of charge (I just had to pay to have it shipped to them) and it took about a week from me sending it off to me getting it back from them.

Regards,

Andy

(Sorry for the late reply)
Pottzi 3 2 United Kingdom
21 Oct 2012 8:59AM
I did the same as Andy. Excellent service from Kenro and I've never had a misfire since having my Di622 upgraded.
arhb e2
7 2.5k 68 United Kingdom
21 Oct 2012 9:04AM
Thats interesting re the upgrade - I might investigate this for the Di866 when using with the RF-602's.
Do you have an address or any contact info?
21 Oct 2012 9:38PM
I think that I contacted their service department via the Kenro website (www.kenro.co.uk) to discuss it first and they send me the address details etc. to send the flashgun to.

Andy
arhb e2
7 2.5k 68 United Kingdom
21 Oct 2012 10:12PM
Thanks Andy.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.