Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

You have received an enquiry.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Paintman
    Paintman e2 Member 8858 forum postsPaintman vcard United Kingdom173 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Oct 2010 - 7:42 PM

I keep receiving emails from people making an enquiry from 'donotreply@foliopic.com'. I think I'm expected to click on the link but I'm reluctant to do so because of the random letters and the lack of a real message. I do have a Foliopic website but I haven't really worked on it for ages.

The general form of the message is as below. I have replaced the actual details with descriptions of what appears in the email between the apostrophes. The random letters description means the letters are like this:

Prktcs wnlyzwolgkwx

In your opinions would these emails be genuine enquiries or are they something more sinister and something to be deleted?

Fri, 29 October, 2010 5:03:56
    'My domain name' contact
    "donotreply@foliopic.com"
    Add to Contacts
    To: 'My email address'

You have recieved an enquiry 'My domain name'

Name:
    'random letters'

Email:
    'persons email address which is also random after the @ sign'

'Random letters, url, more random letters'

, 'random letters'.com

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    29 Oct 2010 - 7:42 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cattyal
    cattyal e2 Member 96057 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Oct 2010 - 7:43 PM

I've had a few and I just dump them Smile

Coleslaw
    Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Oct 2010 - 7:44 PM

there have been reports of spam from there.
    might be just one of them.

Paintman
    Paintman e2 Member 8858 forum postsPaintman vcard United Kingdom173 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Oct 2010 - 8:06 PM

Thanks for that, I'll keep on deleting themSmile

Alan.

franken
    franken e2 Member 123135 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Oct 2010 - 8:45 AM

If you get a lot of spam it may be useful to install the likes of mailwasher. I've used it for many years. There is a free version here.

http://www.mailwasher.net/

Ken

Last Modified By franken at 30 Oct 2010 - 8:46 AM Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    sitan1
    sitan1  6497 forum posts United Kingdom
    30 Oct 2010 - 11:06 AM

I had loads of them at one stage I just ignored them and deleted straight away, they stopped after a while.

rhousham
    rhousham  7432 forum posts United Kingdom
    21 Nov 2010 - 11:10 AM

If it's spam then ou can change your setting to stop them getting submitted
    Instructions here
    http://www.ephotozine.com/forums/topic/foliopic-spam-emails-85169
    I think it's under settings.

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    collywobles
    22 Nov 2010 - 9:15 AM

Quote: In your opinions would these emails be genuine enquiries or are they something more sinister and something to be deleted?

You have really answered your own question here! If there are ever any doubts in your mind use the delete button. Colin

Eastlands
    Eastlands e2 Member 3650 forum postsEastlands vcard Northern Ireland3 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Dec 2010 - 7:53 PM

Spam, once a tasty tin of meat now the pain in the *** of the computer era, I received one the other day that said if I submit my details the "sender" can release 400,000 I had inherited from someone in Nigeria. Delete, delete,delete !!!

collywobles
    21 Dec 2010 - 2:10 PM

Quote: I received one the other day that said if I submit my details the "sender" can release 400,000 I had inherited from someone in Nigeria. Delete, delete,delete !!!

Oh my god - you may have lost thousands.......................................................... ! {8o)

Eastlands
    Eastlands e2 Member 3650 forum postsEastlands vcard Northern Ireland3 Constructive Critique Points
    21 Dec 2010 - 7:09 PM

omg, they may have got thier hands on my thousands if they got my details............!

Last Modified By Eastlands at 21 Dec 2010 - 7:09 PM
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.