Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

"You've Been Trumped" Scotlands modern day clearance!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

janeez
janeez e2 Member 51178 forum postsjaneez vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
22 Oct 2012 - 12:19 AM

Did anyone see this programme tonight? I was completely shocked at the horrendous treatment of the fantastically heroic residents of the Menie estate by Donald Trump. Their dignity was in complete contrast to Trumps vile diatribe. The saddest part was the complete annihilation of such a beautiful part of the Aberdeenshire countryside and coastline. The Scottish parliament should hang their heads in deep shame that they allowed this to happen to such an environmentally important part of their country.

If you missed this programme then please try to see it. It makes for some very uncomfortable viewing but is hugely important that we are able to know exactly what people like him are up to and how they go about it.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
22 Oct 2012 - 12:19 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

vetcameraman
22 Oct 2012 - 1:04 AM

Our local environmental sustainability group managed to get the local cinema to show it a few weeks ago as it was on release. I'm glad it made it to broadcast television as well. I think it needs to get onto primetime on BBC1 to a much wider audience.

Certainly puts a certain perspective on many things from Donald Trump through Scottish 'Politics' and Power structures to Police behaviour in a 'Democratic' society.

I wonder how Piers Morgan would explain the actions of his 'mate'.

RayBeck
RayBeck e2 Member 8RayBeck vcard United Kingdom
22 Oct 2012 - 8:50 AM

I really couldn't believe it was all real but I am afraid it is. I am English and supposedly we and the Scots are on different sides but this is far from the truth and my heart really bled for the brave people whose homes have been devastated. If ever there should be a Government enquiry into an environmental issue it should be this one. How on earth did Trump get permission?

One final point. If the Scots vote for independence then so be it. They have the right to decide but I really hope they don't end up with an even more powerful SNP Government who appear to have let this tragedy happen.

scottishphototours

Scots independence is one man's lifetime dream, not the desire of Scots in general.

It's interesting to note that while Mr Salmond was out of the SNP limelight, there were no similar demands from Swinney or Surgeon. I also note that most Scots couldnt't name another 3 SNP cabinet ministers.

This program highlighted Salmond's danger. He is power crazy....

janeez
janeez e2 Member 51178 forum postsjaneez vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
22 Oct 2012 - 9:44 AM

Quote: This program highlighted Salmond's danger. He is power crazy....

Couldn't agree more. The local councils views were completely completely sidelined so Salmond could jump into bed with Trump and all his money. I love Scotland and can completely understand why the Scots are so proud of their beautiful country and am horrified that he allowed such utter devastation to happen.

The attitude of those wonderful residents however, was inspiring. They did not shout, they weren't abusive but they stood their ground and managed to keep their homes despite that bloated, disgusting American's bullying tactics. I only wish I had known more about this before. I can't do much but at least show my support to the community.

This makes interesting reading

puertouk
puertouk  21054 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
22 Oct 2012 - 9:47 AM

[quote]Scots independence is one man's lifetime dream, not the desire of Scots in general.

Spot on, he's looking for power and I strongly believe the majority of Scottish people do not want to break away. Mr. Salmond also want's the British Government to wipe off all Scottish debt, running into billions of pounds and for the Scots to have the oil revenue! The man is deluded if he thinks the Government will let the SNP get away with that.

Gaucho
Gaucho e2 Member 122204 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
22 Oct 2012 - 10:18 AM

Here's more

NaturesHaven
NaturesHaven e2 Member 2246 forum postsNaturesHaven vcard England5 Constructive Critique Points
22 Oct 2012 - 10:18 AM

The common denominator in all things is "Money" always has been and always will be...........it's a sad reflection on life today............money talks, probably chattering away in brown envelopes as we speak...........GrinGrinGrinGrin

scottishphototours

The fact that the planning application was rejected by Aberdeen council then called in by the Scottish Government is really bad. Salmond knew this development was in his constituency and was interviewed on the BBC before the final vote, saying that he hoped the council "would do the right thing for Scotland". Clearly when they never, he thought he could..

As a supposed "man of the people" our great orator has really blotted his copybook here. He's even hacked off Trump by allowing an offshore windfarm to be built off the coast of the development.

His countrymen should see him for what he is - self-centred, power crazy and unstable.

janeez
22 Oct 2012 - 11:16 AM

Quote: His countrymen should see him for what he is - self-centred, power crazy and unstable.

Very much like Trump then.

adrian_w
adrian_w e2 Member 63280 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
22 Oct 2012 - 4:55 PM

Quote: His countrymen should see him for what he is - self-centred, power crazy and unstable.

Very much like Trump then.

Which is why they were best mates until the wind turbine issue occurred.

Trump really doesn't get the irony of his complaints about "spoiling the view" of his few mates when they play a round on his exclusive course and "spoiling the view" (& environment) of the residents of Menie.
Also, the guy really has no historic connection with Aberdeenshire; his ancestors came from the Western Isles.

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012548 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
22 Oct 2012 - 10:38 PM

proposed windfarm is poetic, especially after watching how he piled earth up to block residents views.

"Does anyone have a mirror"... does he ever look in one, properly??!

Snapper
Snapper  93710 forum posts United States Minor Outlying Islands3 Constructive Critique Points
22 Oct 2012 - 11:48 PM

It's on again at 1220am (ie very soon!) so I've set the recorder and will watch it tomorrow.

jimthistle73
23 Oct 2012 - 1:15 AM

I've been a member of 'Tripping Up Trump' for many years - as soon as I became aware of what was going on at my favourite beach, I joined up and petitioned. That film makes me shake with impotent rage - the brash arrogance of the man is despicable. Abhorrent.

A good part of my later childhood was spent on Sunday walks there, and as a student, we enjoyed whole days throwing sticks up the dunes for the dogs. Just a beautiful and wild place, ripped apart Sad

I said it on Facebook, and I'll say it again - if I ever meet him, I'll wipe a bogey on his jacket.

monstersnowman
23 Oct 2012 - 6:06 AM

As an ex police officer and someone some on here thinks is a police fan boy, I am appalled at the actions of the police in the documentary, acting no better than jack-booted private security representatives of Mr Trump .. And the dereliction of duty from the SNP to their voters when tempted by a few dollars waved around by a vile, bullying, lying, greedy, obscene, pig of an embarrassment of humanity in the name of Donald Trump ... I was shocked at the treatment of the good people of the area and hope Mr Trump's empire disintegrates as fast as he removed the sand dunes on the beautiful Scottish coast. Sometimes development can't be measured in jobs and profit but in humanity and ecological expense.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.