Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Young members

MrsS 8 4.5k 18 England
8 Jun 2007 1:16PM

Quote:There are some very young members on the site who have joined because Mum or Dad has their pictures on here, and they want to do the same.

Just read this on another thread and suddenly thought - - - how about a gallery for young members - say under 13yrs.

I know of several 'young' members who have joined for exactly the reasons mentioned, and don't own fantastic pieces of kit.

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to encourage them and maybe help them become lifelong toggers. Their work isn't necessarily outstanding, but I know how much a nice comment and vote encourages me.

My own daughter has just joined after coming along with us to the Hadrians Wall meet - got up at 3am, was full of enthusiasm and took lots of shots. She is utterly thrilled when she gets a vote or a comment. Must be lots like her . . .

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

andytvcams 12 10.4k United Kingdom
8 Jun 2007 1:19PM
Ive said it before and i shall say it again.

We could do with a Junior members Gallery
Doclassie 9 1.1k England
8 Jun 2007 1:19PM
I think that's an excellent idea.
Slaterm 8 496 1 United Kingdom
8 Jun 2007 1:25PM
me too

but as this is an EPz forum I am sure that there will be someone offended by the suggestion so will log back in later to see how the "debate" rages
GaryR 8 1.3k England
8 Jun 2007 1:26PM
I also think that it is an excellent idea. My 9 year old son is very keen to join and I know he would be thrilled with any clicks / comments.

Gary.
Barbaraj 7 450 England
8 Jun 2007 1:27PM
I have no objections to a young members gallery.
Saw some sheep posted the other day and thought of Beth , and opened the thumbnail and it was her.
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
8 Jun 2007 1:27PM
I am a junior if compared to Keith.
Can I join junior members gallery as well?
;-p

*btw, this is a good idea
riprap007 10 1.6k 37 England
8 Jun 2007 1:28PM
everyone is junior compared to keith LOL
Geoffphoto 8 13.5k United Kingdom
8 Jun 2007 1:29PM
I'm deeply offended by this suggestion, I nearly choked on my Gin and Tonic ! - I don't get any votes as it is and now you want these talented young whippersnappers coming in to our sleepy little site with all their so called "original" ideas and stealing all our votes......BAN THEM I SAY !!

Grumpy Old Git from Cornwall Smile
catnappin 7 666 United Kingdom
8 Jun 2007 1:32PM
What a corker of an idea Fran, my own son is 14 and has his own simple to use compact digital camera, but he often tries to snaffle mine for a 'Go' but struggles unless it's on full auto mode.
8 Jun 2007 1:36PM
Yup...good idea..!
Kevin.
MrsS 8 4.5k 18 England
8 Jun 2007 1:37PM
Jaqui - p'haps I set the age limit too low - how about under 16's?

Most 'sports' and hobbies have a junior section - how about it Pete?

BTW PMSL @ Grumpy Old Git! Wink
8 Jun 2007 1:38PM

Quote:I'm deeply offended by this suggestion,

Cornish for "yes".?? Wink
catnappin 7 666 United Kingdom
8 Jun 2007 1:41PM
Or Maybe 18 Fran and keep them out the adult galleries?
MrsS 8 4.5k 18 England
8 Jun 2007 1:42PM
May have something there Jacqui - they'll have got FAR too good by then - might even meet with Geoff's approval! LOL Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.