Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Young members

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

mdpontin
mdpontin  106016 forum posts Scotland
8 Jun 2007 - 1:44 PM

Pete had this to say on the subject back in February this year:

Quote: This idea has been discussed many times and is one that we are going to introduce in a few months after the new version of the site goes live and has settled down.

Source.

Doug

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
8 Jun 2007 - 1:44 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

dougv
dougv Site Moderator 108365 forum postsdougv vcard England3 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jun 2007 - 1:45 PM

This has been discussed before.

The problem with having a Junior Gallery is that you won't get many people going in there to offer help and advice.

There is no reason why young people can't co-exist with everyone else in the normal members gallery, so long as people remember that they need encouragement.

If we had a gallery for every different type of user on here it would become difficult to use the site..

lullphotography

How about under 40's! lol

KevinEllison
KevinEllison e2 Member 72497 forum postsKevinEllison vcard England
8 Jun 2007 - 1:47 PM

Quote: how about under 16's?

Oooooh.. give us a fighting chance Fran, by that age they know how to hack computers, operate DVD remote handsets and stuff..!
Wink

Geoffphoto
8 Jun 2007 - 1:47 PM

Bu**er - that's me out - Still too old Sad

joolsb
joolsb  927115 forum posts Switzerland38 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jun 2007 - 1:49 PM

Me too. How about a Grumpy Old Gits Club?

...Oh, wait a minute. Isn't that the Forum?? Wink

Geoffphoto
8 Jun 2007 - 1:50 PM

LOL - Jools

nailed it, Pal !!

angej
angej  9477 forum posts United Kingdom
8 Jun 2007 - 1:51 PM

I think this is a good idea. Also I think if they had their own gallery instead of just being amongst us lot with maybe a reduced amount of clicks to award them a reader choice award it may encourage them even further. It also might encourage us to go in and offer support etc. what do you think?
Ange

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
catnappin
catnappin  7666 forum posts United Kingdom
8 Jun 2007 - 1:51 PM

Thats great Doug Smile

Btw Fran, I intended to suggest 18 as I have a .... ummmm .... how to put this .... 'hormonal' teenage son (currently on a student exchange in USA - emails include snippets such as "my phone is filling up with American girls numbers) :s. The suggestion was to keep him out the ...ummm ... glamour categories.

MrsS
MrsS  74527 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jun 2007 - 1:54 PM

Quote: The problem with having a Junior Gallery is that you won't get many people going in there to offer help and advice.

The same can be said of the Critique gallery, but CB keeps 'gently' reminding folk. Could the same not happen with a Junior Gallery.

Would have thought that anyone with a 'junior member' in the household would be only too glad to comment on other uploads as we can see how encouraging it is! The only reason I don't do this now, is that I don't know if the poster is a junior or not! Smile

Last Modified By MrsS at 8 Jun 2007 - 1:54 PM
dougv
dougv Site Moderator 108365 forum postsdougv vcard England3 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jun 2007 - 1:56 PM

Well I stand by my statement that a junior gallery will be rarely visited by adult members offering help.
There may be one or two, but I doubt many more.

A good idea would be to have a Junior Gallery in conjunction with a Mentoring scheme.

Any thoughts on this?

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
MrsS
MrsS  74527 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jun 2007 - 1:57 PM

Sounds good to me - how would you see it working? Smile

KevinEllison
KevinEllison e2 Member 72497 forum postsKevinEllison vcard England
8 Jun 2007 - 1:58 PM

Quote: If we had a gallery for every different type of user on here it would become difficult to use the site..

Sticking neck out here...I can't really see the need for an Olympus Gallery, a Pentax Gallery, an Ilford Gallery if it comes to that...?

dougv
8 Jun 2007 - 2:01 PM

Quote: how would you see it working?

Do I have to think of everything?
Smile

Geoffphoto
8 Jun 2007 - 2:01 PM

Surely , if a kid is good enough then they're big enough !!

Let's not try and restrict youngsters to their own section , let's encourage them to play a full role on the site !

Last Modified By Geoffphoto at 8 Jun 2007 - 2:02 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.