Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Young members

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

SuziBlue
SuziBlue  1116195 forum posts Scotland10 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jun 2007 - 2:07 PM

I'm with you on this, Geoff. And after all, at what age does one leave the Juniors and become a Senior .. and there are some young people out there who takes far better pics than some of the adults ..

stands well back to avoid toys being flung from prams .. 8-}

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
8 Jun 2007 - 2:07 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

MrsS
MrsS  84527 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jun 2007 - 2:09 PM

Whole-heartedly agree Geoff! If they feel that they want to 'play with the big boys' then let 'em! What I'm advocating is along the lines of the Critique Gallery, where the member can choose to upload in either the general gallery or their own.
As for mentoring, Doug, most junior members most than likely have someone at home to help them out - and will morethan likely get much better once they have better equipment. If they DID want support from someone on-site, then perhaps we could create a bank of members who would be willing to take a junior 'under their wing' so to speak. Smile

Kris_Dutson
8 Jun 2007 - 2:16 PM

I'm with Geoff and Suzi.

I can live with young'uns gettting reduced fares, free entry to nearly everywhere, free board and lodging at home etc., but reduced numbers of clicks for an RC - that's just going too far. It'll be editor's gold stars and certificates to stick on the fridge next....

Another West Country grumpy.

Wink

Last Modified By Kris_Dutson at 8 Jun 2007 - 2:20 PM
Geoffphoto
8 Jun 2007 - 2:17 PM

Can I just say that I've never had so many people agree with me ! Smile

(and still no green flag ...sigh !)

MrsS
8 Jun 2007 - 2:20 PM

Quote: but reduced numbers of clicks for an RC - that's just going too far. It'll be editors gold stars and certificates next....

That's not what I was advocating - just the opportunity for younger members to get a little encouragement - - can that be so bad? Smile

Cheers!

Fran x

Kris_Dutson
8 Jun 2007 - 2:21 PM

note the Wink

SuziBlue
SuziBlue  1116195 forum posts Scotland10 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jun 2007 - 2:23 PM

Quote: Another West Country grumpy.

May I just say that Kris is on his own in referring to himself as another West County Grumpy. I currently hail from north of the border and as such am nowehere near the West Country.

North of the Border Grump. Och aye, etc.

8-]

The other thing is, the more we all have to start spreading ourselves out to keep an eye on this gallery and that gallery and the other gallery over there and the sub gallery down on the right, the less cohesive it's going to feel. If there is strong feeling about making sure that younger members don't come in for the kind of insults that sometimes fly about on pics, then perhaps they could have a discreet flag next to their pic title .. but otherwise yes, swimming with the shoal seems the best idea.

8-]

MrsS
8 Jun 2007 - 2:32 PM

Quote: If there is strong feeling about making sure that younger members don't come in for the kind of insults that sometimes fly about on pics, then perhaps they could have a discreet flag next to their pic title .. but otherwise yes, swimming with the shoal seems the best idea.

Gr8 idea Suzi - that way those of us who wish to add support will know which shots belong to 'younger members'

Smile

MrsS
8 Jun 2007 - 2:33 PM

Sorry Kris missed that! Smile

angej
angej  9477 forum posts United Kingdom
8 Jun 2007 - 3:38 PM

Having a pic flagged up as belonging to a junior sounds good. However I still think that having a gallery that belongs to them will create some interesting, healthy competition between posters as well as encourage us to support them with helpful comments.
As has already been said, this Pentax and Ilford gallery, whats that all about, adding one more won't hurt....Smile
Ange

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
andytvcams
andytvcams  1210396 forum posts United Kingdom
8 Jun 2007 - 3:42 PM

Quote: Having a pic flagged up as belonging to a junior sounds good. However I still think that having a gallery that belongs to them will create some interesting, healthy competition between posters as well as encourage us to support them with helpful comments.

I have to agree.

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
Geoffphoto
8 Jun 2007 - 3:46 PM

I also agree

but to quote my 17 year old nephew who is a typical arts student at a local college,

'Yeah - whatever !! " accompanied with a huge shrug of indifference.
Youth hey !, it's wasted on the young. Smile

Last Modified By Geoffphoto at 8 Jun 2007 - 3:51 PM Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
angej
8 Jun 2007 - 3:48 PM

Also it will encourage them to make friends and have like minded people that aren't 'oldies' that they can share thoughts with.....
We all know the trouble that young uns have in trying to integrate themselves into camera clubs, why not create an online version for them.
God I sound oldSmile))
Ange

angej
8 Jun 2007 - 3:50 PM

Your'e just jealous that you aint got a 'green flag, GeoffSmile)

Geoffphoto
8 Jun 2007 - 3:52 PM

I wanna green flag !!

stamps feet in frustration

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.