Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Your favourite film camera

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

lemmy
lemmy  71866 forum posts United Kingdom
6 Sep 2013 - 10:58 AM

This might interest you, Pentaxpete. This was back in the 60s when I was on the Reading Evening Post. Pentax were standard issue on the Post. Then I moved to to the London Evening News where Nikon was standard issue and the next Pentax I owned was a K5 - rather more recently!

The lens is a Super-Takumar 35mm f2.

picture-1-2.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
6 Sep 2013 - 10:58 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

polis_928tadw59

lemmy, By that's a clever camera if it has taken that picture of yourself.Grin
At the moment i am getting the Rangefinder bug - acquired a Yashica Electro 35; followed by a Minolta Hi-Matic 9; and then a Yashica MG1.

lemmy
lemmy  71866 forum posts United Kingdom
6 Sep 2013 - 2:05 PM

Quote: At the moment i am getting the Rangefinder bug

Here's a couple, a Canon 5 with Canon 35mm f2 and fast wind - the wind on lever under the camera. The other is a couple of Pentaxes and my Leica M2 ( I think). I had an M3 as well for longer lenses but I think that is a 35mm f2 Summicron on there. All the pix of me were shot to be used in publicity stuff for the paper.

picture-2-2.jpg

picture-3-2.jpg

pablophotographer

Quote: a Canon 5 with Canon 35mm f2 and fast wind - the wind on lever under the camera.

Fujica had a 35mm rangefinder like that; it didn't feel odd at all, my uncle who had bought it from Japan was praising it for this feature. Good workhorse.

yashicaboy
6 Sep 2013 - 9:36 PM

A yashica Electro 35! Polis a cracking little camera I picked one up at a car boot last year with the flash & ER case for a fiver! the light seals needed replacing which took about 2 hours and it now works well and has joined the other Yashicas at home (FXD x 2 FR1 x 1 & a Yashicamat

Best regards

Richard G

robalb
robalb  8 Wales1 Constructive Critique Points
6 Sep 2013 - 11:39 PM

favourite film camera must be a Pentax Z1P, it's name is not far off the sound it makes. The camera and it's ergonomics fit me to a t ! it is also reliable as day and night. robalb

marcfreund636

With no Doubts pen tax have super and fab i also have a film camera from Pen-tax , a classic camera's all metal.

polis_928tadw59

yashicaboy, Agree with you re the Electro 35. Apart from that and the 2 others I have mentioned above, I have gone and bought a Yashica Minister D, and am waiting for its arrival. I gather that the Minister D was the last of the Ministers. There was a Yashica Lynx 14 on the bay last week (with the 1.4 lens). I hid my wallet so that I could not bid or buy it.Grin

j37r
j37r  8 United Kingdom
12 Nov 2013 - 10:29 PM

For me it has to be the Canon T90, superb piece of engineering, I also own the F1n and the A1, but the T90 takes pride of place. Smile

rocklikestone

Canon EOS-1v is my favourite film camera.It's awesome....

nickthompson
13 Nov 2013 - 7:56 PM

I've got two favs, F100 and the FE2. I don't know why, but they feel just right in my hands.

Nick

altitude50
altitude50  101844 forum posts United Kingdom
17 Nov 2013 - 3:16 PM

I started off with a Zeiss Ikonta 16 exposures on 127, then bought a Voigtlander Vito B which has the best memories for me (1950's). I recently bought a mint one off eBay with documents for 6 so I am keeping that, lovely compact, solid reliable camera.

After that first Vito B I had several others including a strange Aires Reflex with an add-on 90mm? telephoto attachment, not much good.
I then used a Canon AE-1 with a standard lens and a Vivitar 200mm telephoto and a Hoya 70-150 zoom, nice lens. In the autofocus era I had a Minolta 9000 with a good selection of lenses, used that a lot and sold it recently for a pittance, wish I had kept it.

Then I recently started collecting classic manual focus SLR cameras, including a mint Olympus OM-1 which I like a lot, then bought a Sun Actinon 24mm lens with a Konica fitting and thought that I had better find a body to go with it, so I bought a Konica FS-1 and loved the feel of it, so I now have a Konica FT-1, 2 x FC-1 and a T 3 with a mint T4 Autoreflex as back-up!
At one point I had a Bronica ETRS 645, but it didn't suit the sort of picture I was taking, nice camera and best slides/negatives of all the cameras I have owned.
So it is difficult to choose a favourite, but it must be the AE-1 which I will never sell. (The Canon breech-lock bayonet must be the best system of lens mounting devised.)

RPVG
RPVG 
6 Feb 2014 - 9:04 PM

My favorite film camera? That would be the one I shoot with. For 35mm, Minolta SR-Ts. For 4x5, a Burke and James Grover.

jemraid
jemraid  941 forum posts England
7 Feb 2014 - 11:41 PM

I used a Pentax S1a to begin with and 20 years or so later an Olympus OM1 both packed up for one reason or another. As a backup I bought a Zenith EM (Olympics) Every now and then I take it out and run a film through it, it still works perfectly,

Coast
Coast Critique Team 61088 forum postsCoast vcard United Kingdom292 Constructive Critique Points
8 Feb 2014 - 9:55 AM

Anyone remember Chinon? Sold exclusively in Dixons I believe. My first "proper" camera aged 11 was a Chinon CE4s. Saved up for it. Only ever had the standard 50mm lens with it. It had a double exposure facility on it and a max shutter speed of 1/2000s. Shared the Pentax K mount.

I loved it.

I then went to Pentax with the ME Super before moving to Canon with the amazing A1. I added a T90 to that when I started working full-time then sold both the T90 and A1 for an EOS 3 with eye controlled autofocus.

Had a a bronica ETRs and the Bronica SQA before selling all my gear and taking about 4 years off anything photographic aside from family snaps. This was at the start of the digital age and I bought a Casio digital camera for that purpose. Then swapped it for a Sony P5 before getting serious again with a Canon 5D. I now use the MkIII alongside a GF1.

May swap the GF1 for the new Olympus OMD 10 and waiting to see one in the flesh.

Thirty five years and 7 SLR's and two MF cameras plus two compacts and one CSC. Seems rather a lot now I see it written down and I forgot the 54 Sinar I dabbled with for a couple of years in my early twenties!

I really love the full frame Canon and the m4/3 format which is so portable.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.