Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Your favourite film camera

pentaxpete e2
9 553 1 England
10 Feb 2014 2:18PM
Lemmy : Quote : This might interest you, Pentaxpete. This was back in the 60s when I was on the Reading Evening Post. Pentax were standard issue on the Post. Then I moved to to the London Evening News where Nikon was standard issue and the next Pentax I owned was a K5 - rather more recently!

Yes that pic was interesting as I got into Pentax in early 1960's when I got a job with 'Breda Studios' of Barking ( Essex) and one of the Partners had brought back from his RAF days in Singapore this weird-sounding Asahi Pentax K -- nobody had HEARD of such a camera --- we knew only LEICA ,CONTAX ( which I had having bought a CONTAX III in Berlin when I was there in the British Army.
His Asahi Pentax K had a funny Takumar lens -- we knew only Leitz Elmar, Zeiss Sonnar and Tessar -- but the RESULTS were wonderful, much better than my pre-war 50mm f1.5 Un-Coated Sonnar so when a small crowd of Camera-Starved Brits were seen pressing their noses to the window of a Barking Camera Dealers admiring ONE ONLY Asahi Pentax S3 I rushed in , offered my Contax in part exchange and rushed out the proud owner of my first PENTAX !! ( and THAT so they say -- is where the Story really begins )

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

pink e2
11 1.9k 5 United Kingdom
10 Feb 2014 3:43PM
EOS1VHS, Rugged, blindingly fast and that tough I use it to knock nails in!
RPVG 8
10 Feb 2014 4:00PM
"... I use it to knock nails in...!"
----------------
Now, that's tough!
dwilkin e2
8 24.3k United Kingdom
18 Mar 2014 2:04PM
Just acquired a Fuji GX617 with 105mm lens. This is looking like it's going to be a LOT of fun, and a totally different way of looking at the world....
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
18 Mar 2014 2:16PM

Quote:At the moment i am getting the Rangefinder bug

Here's a couple, a Canon 5 with Canon 35mm f2 and fast wind - the wind on lever under the camera. The other is a couple of Pentaxes and my Leica M2 ( I think). I had an M3 as well for longer lenses but I think that is a 35mm f2 Summicron on there. All the pix of me were shot to be used in publicity stuff for the paper.

Lol @ the second shot Smile

Looks like you had just got of the train, those buildings are still standing there in the back ground on Station Hill Smile
MoonMind 1 2 Switzerland
18 Mar 2014 11:28PM
Two favourites, both pretty obvious: Nikon FM3A and Minox GT-E. I shoot the former with a Voigtländer Ultron SL 40mm f/2.0. I own a bunch of other film cameras, some inherited, but those two keep me wanting to use them ...

M.
26 May 2014 3:43PM
My first camera was a Yashica FX3. I had it for years and it was a great manual camera to learn with. My favourite film camera is my Contax 167 mt. Even today it's a pleasure to hold and use. It has everything I need from a camera and still produces fantastic photos. Love it
dpr59 e2
169 United Kingdom
5 Jun 2014 6:46AM
The OM10 was by far the best film camera I had however...
The Zenith E I started with as my first 35mm and SLR was a great learning platform.
Nothing done for you and a hand held light meter.
What little I know of exposure settings, backlight, depth of field et al was learned on this camera.
Oh, and it was a tough old thing.

iwalue11543.jpg

5 Jun 2014 1:27PM
My husband pentaxpete bought me a Nikon FE outfit from a widow lady years ago then i was given an FG and an auto -focus 35-70mm Nikon lens which works manual focus -- i have won all my awards with the Nikon film cameras, not one with my Fuji S9600 digital camera!
12 Jun 2014 7:33AM
well , perhaps a bit nostalgic , but my favorite film camera is the Kodak Brownie Junior SIX-20 , made by Canadian Kodak .
it was treasured by my dear old dad , who had a tough life , and very few personal possessions ...
not sure when he actually bought it , but i have pix taken pre-1940 , as well as heaps when we were kids in the late 40's to mid 50's .
it has "slides" for adjusting stops ,time , apart from "Regular" film there were 3 other types for different speeds ,or at night ,and so on .. even back then there were attachments ,eg , for diffusion , altho dad couldn't afford those..
we kids had lots fun learning how to use all the settings and waiting til the roll was full and taking it to be developed ..
and that's why it's my favorite..
i still have it today ,in the orignal box ,with a manual ... no film though ...
pentaxpete e2
9 553 1 England
12 Jun 2014 5:21PM
You can roll a 120 film onto another 120 spool then 'backwind' it onto a 620 spool in the dark of course -- I did that with my Kodak Brownie Flash 620 Model 'D'

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.