Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Your favourite film camera

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Goldfynche
31 May 2013 - 11:18 PM

Oh yes. The Exacta and the Exa as some examples were called.

And one of the strangest cameras I ever came across, was an Argus SLR. It was Japanese and had a Canon lens with an Exacta bayonet mount fitting.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
31 May 2013 - 11:18 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Newdevonian
1 Jun 2013 - 4:26 PM

Sign of old age. I forgot the last film camera I sold on ebay, my pocket camera that I slept with, and carried everywhere: a Yashica T4 with a nice little 35mm Tessar lens. That got swapped for a Canon S95.

Goldfynche
2 Jun 2013 - 12:33 PM

One piece of kit I remember from back in the 60s, that I wish I owned now.
Ricoh, in those days, was just a two bit secondary camera manufacturer. One of their examples was a tiny half frame, motor wind camera. I will never forget, one day, when we received in stock at the shop I was working in. A pair of Binoculars with one of these Ricoh half frames attached to one side. So you would focus with one hand and snap away with the other. I can't recall now how exposure was controlled. The camera had an automatic selenium cell exposure meter built in. There was no such thing as TTL in those days!

hcbph
hcbph  1
2 Jun 2013 - 12:37 PM

Interesting thread especially since I've been getting out some of my film camera and hope to unpack my darkroom soon (B&W mainly). I've got a few bodies yet and shoot film on occasion. I'd say the one I get the best images out of is a Canon A-1 while the one I find the most fun to shoot with is a Yashica TL Super. It's got a built-in averaging meter but it's not required to shoot pictures. If you can see it, you can shoot it, regardless. Another thing I got with the Yashica was a Osawa zoom lens. Not the fanciest, hot the highest price but I got quite a few good pictures with it.

Goldfynche
2 Jun 2013 - 12:41 PM

Quote: One piece of kit I remember from back in the 60s, that I wish I owned now.
Ricoh, in those days, was just a two bit secondary camera manufacturer. One of their examples was a tiny half frame, motor wind camera. I will never forget, one day, when we received in stock at the shop I was working in. A pair of Binoculars with one of these Ricoh half frames attached to one side. So you would focus with one hand and snap away with the other. I can't recall now how exposure was controlled. The camera had an automatic selenium cell exposure meter built in. There was no such thing as TTL in those days!

I've actually just found a picture of the Ricoh/binocular setup. The forerunner of digiscoping.

13-image.jpg

Nigeve1
Nigeve1 e2 Member 1761 forum postsNigeve1 vcard United Kingdom88 Constructive Critique Points
3 Jun 2013 - 9:09 AM

The Pentax ME Super was my first SLR when I was a teenager in the mid 80's, i loved it and it went virtually everywhere with me for several years. It was compact and handled really well ant produced good results with an accurate c/w meter for the time.
I got a Nikon F801 after that which was really well built and again handled really well, but looking back, I go with the ME super. I still have them both.

velvetmite
3 Jun 2013 - 5:42 PM

SLR manual focus......Pentax ME Super, a classic. Mine is now a beautiful metallic blue!
SLR autofocus...........my Pentax ist*, so easy to use and tiny!
Other........................Oh why did I sell my Rollei 35SE???? A marvel of design...except the flash hotshoe on the bottomWink

richshep
richshep  12 United Kingdom
4 Jun 2013 - 7:48 PM

Looks like every man and his dog had a Pentax ME Super at some time! Mine fell of the car roof (where I had left it 2 miles beforehand whilst putting my lad in his child seat) then a following car ran it over just for good measure Sad
My favorite though was the MX. I still have 2 and my daughter uses one occasionally for school project work.

Ploughman
Ploughman  128 forum posts United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
24 Jun 2013 - 12:24 AM

Having made the comment about how much I liked the Minolta XD7, I had to get one. It has been fully serviced and is much better than the original I bought in the 1980s.

xd7-d.jpg

photofrenzy
1 Jul 2013 - 7:28 PM

Canon EOS-1v and the Nikon D5 Absolute workhorses .

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1023045 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jul 2013 - 8:42 PM

Yeah those Nikon D5's are awesome

photofrenzy
1 Jul 2013 - 11:59 PM

Quote: Yeah those Nikon D5's are awesome

Quote: Yeah those Nikon D5's are awesome

Lol LOL I meant the F5 soz folks

Andy80F
Andy80F  11306 forum posts United Kingdom
4 Jul 2013 - 6:09 PM

Canon T90 in 35mm format (SLR): Absolute peach of a camera, robust comfortable and ultra reliable. Still have it, could not bear to trade it.
Olympus XA in 35mm format (compact): Quiet discrete and results astonishingly good
Yashica 124G in Medium format: Old fashioned slow working and brilliant. Still have a fondness for the square format.

THUNDYBUM
THUNDYBUM  529 forum posts England
9 Jul 2013 - 9:26 PM

xd7 the camera I always wanted and never got all black with a winder ..mmmmmmmmm.had several tries at getting one and have as yet never got one.getting very hard to find now....huuuuu
anyway my camera was and still are my Minolta x700,s damn good work horses.have three with md lenses from 17mm to a 600mm sigma mirror
solidly made sounds and feels like a proper camera.
before tha I had a zenith em .I still think it taught me more about actally taking a phot and ALL the things you have to take into consideration to get THAT SHOT RIGHT. every now and again out they come to re teach me .....the basics ,.proper sounding stuff of an slr clunk at 60th of a second....lol

pablophotographer

Quote: I had a zenith em .I still think it taught me more about actally taking a phot and ALL the things you have to take into consideration to get THAT SHOT RIGHT. every now and again out they come to re teach me .....the basics ,.proper sounding stuff of an slr clunk at 60th of a second....lol

Just out of curiousity Tundybum, did you ever had a shaken frame with the zenith???

I never had one and I put it all in the sheer weight... I may not be the only one... or am I getting older? lol

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.