Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Your favourite photo of 2011.... from your own work :-)

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014728 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
21 Dec 2011 - 2:06 PM

Not an easy thing to choose really - but lets have a simple thread where you upload your fave photo from the last 12 months - your work, not some you've seen in National Geographic or in Nuts magazine Wink

Please please please try your best to upload the photo and not a link... the idea is that you scroll up and down then thread and see everyone's photos.

Feel free to add a little bit about "why" you like the photo so much

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
21 Dec 2011 - 2:06 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ade_mcfade
21 Dec 2011 - 2:14 PM

..... struggling to choose Wink

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318433 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
21 Dec 2011 - 2:29 PM

I'd go with this one. Taken last month at Whitby Goth Festival
I think it's my favourite portrait too..

I saw him, ask if I could take a photo as he walked past - all over in seconds.

What I like is the immediacy..it resulted in a shot where no one had time to become familiar with their space. He looked where I asked and I recorded the moment.

The background is a white wall

goth.jpg

Last Modified By Pete at 21 Dec 2011 - 2:39 PM
Nick_w
Nick_w e2 Member 73819 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
21 Dec 2011 - 2:34 PM

Go on I will kick it off for you Ade

nightmaresanddreamscapes-dorothyandtimothy.jpg

Why? well it was the first DM that I did that I was 100% happy with, its been well received on all the websites I post on - even accepted on 1X, the only image I've tried posting there. But the reason is that it signals where I want to take some of my more creative work - Slightly surreal, with a story / hidden meaning.

2011 has been difficult, I've been wanting to take my photography into so many directions and its only recently after I took a mini break that I realised it was more creative stuff & mono's where I will be concentrating on (there again I'm itching to get a few landscapes in just to make sure I can still do them - haven't been out with the camera for landscapes in months) !

All that said this one pushes it close

Edit: Pete beat me to it, too slow typing !!

Last Modified By Nick_w at 21 Dec 2011 - 2:36 PM
ade_mcfade
21 Dec 2011 - 2:44 PM

Riley - the mad weimeraner puppy

Full of energy, impossible to keep it still... but I got the strobist kit out and tried anyway, after a lot of faff and treats, we got this one - client loved it, I loved it, they bought it.... happy days!

tn18097-1305476535-1-.jpg
lrg-18097-1305476535-1-.jpg

User_Removed
21 Dec 2011 - 2:44 PM

Simply subtitled "Drought":

zeb2.jpg

I like it because it was my first attempt to cheat by using Photoshop. Landscape from New Zealand; zebras from Edinburgh Zoo.

MrGoatsmilk
21 Dec 2011 - 3:01 PM

carl-3.jpg

It's the first time I got out and used off camera flash and really enjoyed it, plus my mate from work (in the photo) uses that and others I took for his solo stuff. All in all pleased how it went and turned out.

franken
franken e2 Member 113050 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
21 Dec 2011 - 3:03 PM

Bit of a difficult choice for me. I've taken more photo's that I've really liked in 2011 than I've done in previous years. This one was taken at a bus stop in Cardiff city centre.

I was walking past the stop on the other side of the road, I paused for a moment or two and the young lady started to use her Phone. I like the interaction between real and unreal.

bute-park---city-ctr--------11mono.jpg

Last Modified By franken at 21 Dec 2011 - 3:09 PM
justin c
justin c  104512 forum posts England36 Constructive Critique Points
21 Dec 2011 - 3:09 PM

One of my favourites from this year was this young Roebuck. The heather was particularly colourful this year and I very much wanted to capture some images of my favourite subject, Roe deer, whilst the heather was looking it's best.
The only snag is, the area the deer occupy is huge and finding them can often be impossible if they happen to be hidden away or lying-up. It's not unusual for me to walk up to nine miles looking for them, often twice a day, particularly during the rutting season. It's pretty tough going, often carrying several kilo's of weight and frequently walking through waist high heather and gorse. It's quite possible to do this on many, many occasions without spotting a single deer, so when I do eventually come across them, it's particularly rewarding, especially when their surroundings are in full bloom.
This was an unexpected encounter. It was the height of the rutting season and I had located the area's dominant buck. I managed a few shots and watched him for twenty minutes or so. He wandered off into a wooded area and I knew there would be no further photo opportunities as he was most likely heading for his favourite, secluded, lying-up place. I decided to call it a day and switch from wildlife photography mode to landscape mode. I was just in the process of swapping my tripod-mounted 500mm lens to a wide-angle lens when all of a sudden this young buck came galloping out of the wooded area being frantically chased off by the mature buck. I like trying to keep tabs and getting to know all the individual deer that frequent the area, so I was particularly pleased to encounter, and discover, this 'new' buck for the first time. This image was taken after following the bucks for a couple of miles and seizing the opportunity whilst the young buck momentarily paused and checked to see if he had lost his pursuer.

young-roebuck-jc-5d-140811-0007-filtered.jpg

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
21 Dec 2011 - 3:27 PM

Easy one for me. It isn't the most technically brilliant photo I have ever taken but it is the first time I have captured truly evasive wildlife, ie not deer in rutting season or red squirrels after some planted nuts.

Robbie, my trusty spotter, saw this little fellow when we were exploring during the recent Skye meet. We managed to stay still and quiet long enough for him to wonder what was going on and poke his nose out. The rest, as they say, is history.

weasel.jpg

teepee
teepee  11636 forum posts England
21 Dec 2011 - 3:37 PM

contender-epz-.jpg I really like this image because of the time it took to get all the elements together and then the final result was exactlly what I had envisioned! Tony

JohnParminter
21 Dec 2011 - 3:37 PM

red-ridge.jpg

Red Ridge, Suilven, Assynt.

On the summit for sunset, camped out then took this at sunrise on my way out.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 54226 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
21 Dec 2011 - 3:43 PM

MyLights
A bit of a fluke but a direction I'd really like to go in if I can only find the inspiration and ideas. Either that or street photography, but as usual I just can't decide. Anyway, I was pretty pleased with this although in reality it was a grab shot for a Monday night challenge.

img-0305-resized2.jpg

graceland
graceland  92376 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
21 Dec 2011 - 3:52 PM

p1150211.jpg

gingerdelight
21 Dec 2011 - 4:07 PM

This is the one I have chosen. This was the first one I worked long and hard on in Photoshop - it generated a lot of interest and encouraged me to follow this particular route with my photographic images.

2-sunset.jpg

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.