Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Your Next Camera? Perhaps!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    cameracat
    cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Apr 2013 - 4:11 PM

Ok Guys & Gals, What do you reckon..?

Is this a good substitute for a conventional digital camera as we know them now, Maybe not for some but these might answer the call of many, Yes, Even those who like to have a proper " Optical " viewfinder....LOL....Grin

For you wildlife shooters these might be a must have, What about you lot who shoot stuff at live gigs etc? Security would just see someone with Bino's, Not realising your taking pics of the pimples on Bon Jovi's mug....Grin

They are not my cuppa T mind, But an interesting product non the less.

Wink

Last Modified By cameracat at 25 Apr 2013 - 4:12 PM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    25 Apr 2013 - 4:11 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JackAllTog
    JackAllTog e2 Member 53509 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Apr 2013 - 5:14 PM

Digital recording binoculars, super and they do 3D, though i don't know how good the 3D effect might be at the longer zoom end.
    Its just a magnifier too with a 0.8x to 12x optical zoom. Make the thing your watching bigger if you want.
    I assume its size that means you choose this over a video camera?

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314806 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Apr 2013 - 5:20 PM

Just the sort of thing I can see the police using at demonstrations, football matches etc.

GarethRobinson
    25 Apr 2013 - 5:41 PM

I don't think so.

Nikon_2013
    25 Apr 2013 - 6:07 PM

Great for horse racing and some other sports but they'd just get too heavy after holding them in the right position. I don't see anything competing with the camera's we know and love today. Always good to see new ideas with technology though. Smile

keithh
    keithh  1022726 forum posts Wallis and Futuna29 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Apr 2013 - 6:11 PM

Quote: Sony suggests these new binoculars will be especially suitable for capturing and observing “rare wildlife activity, monumental sports plays and scenic travel views”.

That's me out as my wildlife is common, my sport is mundane and though I would love to give them as a gift to a twitcher friend, at £2000 they would have to be more than a friend and own a fully trained Golden Eagle.

Interesting concept though.

GazzaG2003
    GazzaG2003  11252 forum posts England
    25 Apr 2013 - 7:19 PM

I tested a couple of pairs at the Bird fair Rutland 2 years ago, and although they looked impressive the quality of images/video and viewing wasn't. They wasn't Sony but from what I can remember they was a well known name.

Edit: forgot to add they was extremely heavy.

Last Modified By GazzaG2003 at 25 Apr 2013 - 7:25 PM
    Coventryphotog
    Coventryphotog Junior Member 1149 forum posts United Kingdom
    25 Apr 2013 - 8:16 PM

No thanks LOL

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.