Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Your Next Camera? Perhaps!

cameracat 10 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
25 Apr 2013 4:11PM
Ok Guys & Gals, What do you reckon..?

Is this a good substitute for a conventional digital camera as we know them now, Maybe not for some but these might answer the call of many, Yes, Even those who like to have a proper " Optical " viewfinder....LOL....Grin

For you wildlife shooters these might be a must have, What about you lot who shoot stuff at live gigs etc? Security would just see someone with Bino's, Not realising your taking pics of the pimples on Bon Jovi's mug....Grin

They are not my cuppa T mind, But an interesting product non the less.

Wink

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JackAllTog e2
5 3.7k 58 United Kingdom
25 Apr 2013 5:14PM
Digital recording binoculars, super and they do 3D, though i don't know how good the 3D effect might be at the longer zoom end.
Its just a magnifier too with a 0.8x to 12x optical zoom. Make the thing your watching bigger if you want.
I assume its size that means you choose this over a video camera?
Paul Morgan e2
13 15.7k 6 England
25 Apr 2013 5:20PM
Just the sort of thing I can see the police using at demonstrations, football matches etc.
25 Apr 2013 5:41PM
I don't think so.
25 Apr 2013 6:07PM
Great for horse racing and some other sports but they'd just get too heavy after holding them in the right position. I don't see anything competing with the camera's we know and love today. Always good to see new ideas with technology though. Smile
keithh e2
10 23.2k 33 Wallis And Futuna
25 Apr 2013 6:11PM

Quote:Sony suggests these new binoculars will be especially suitable for capturing and observing “rare wildlife activity, monumental sports plays and scenic travel views”.

That's me out as my wildlife is common, my sport is mundane and though I would love to give them as a gift to a twitcher friend, at £2000 they would have to be more than a friend and own a fully trained Golden Eagle.

Interesting concept though.
GazzaG2003 11 252 England
25 Apr 2013 7:19PM
I tested a couple of pairs at the Bird fair Rutland 2 years ago, and although they looked impressive the quality of images/video and viewing wasn't. They wasn't Sony but from what I can remember they was a well known name.

Edit: forgot to add they was extremely heavy.
Coventryphotog Junior Member 1 149 United Kingdom
25 Apr 2013 8:16PM
No thanks LOL

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.