Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Your working week

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314810 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jan 2012 - 2:27 PM

For years I worked a standard five day week.

But now I can cram my full time job into 2 or 3 days, getting loads of free time and I`m loving it.

I work hard but now I can play hard Smile

Excluding those who are self employed, who else has managed to do this.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
16 Jan 2012 - 2:27 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

whipspeed
whipspeed e2 Member 94038 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jan 2012 - 2:34 PM

I'm lucky enough to have worked part time for the past 13 years as well for the same company. Initially meant to be afternoons, but I held out for mornings, so I do 9-1 3 days a week and 8-12 the other 2, which used to be used for after school activities, but now with son off at uni, I have time for me.

Louise_Morris
Louise_Morris e2 Member 42284 forum postsLouise_Morris vcard England
16 Jan 2012 - 3:03 PM

I am at work for 7 -7.30 in the morning and leave around 4 -4.30 in the afternoon and for that I try to finish on a Friday around 11.30-12 noon. Just having the Friday afternoon makes it worthwhile but wouldn't say no to an earlier start to take all of Friday off!

RogBrown
RogBrown  72996 forum posts England10 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jan 2012 - 4:16 PM

Work? Ah yes, I remember that. Smile

adrian_w
adrian_w e2 Member 63272 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jan 2012 - 4:18 PM

As I'm coming up for retirement I negotiated a drop in working hours ( with a drop in salary Sad) & now work a 3 day week. Normally Tues-Thurs but I'm flexible to cover other days as necessary.
Unfortunately with the lousy weather we've had over the last few months it hasn't done anything for my photography.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 54169 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jan 2012 - 4:23 PM

I work four afternoons a week. It does mess up the day working pm but I'd rather that than have to crawl out of bed at gawd-o-clock and a cold winter morning. I'm not as dedicated as some of you here. But today I left early but just too late to do anything worthwhile.

Last Modified By SlowSong at 16 Jan 2012 - 4:24 PM
digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jan 2012 - 4:39 PM

I had 3 wonderful years running my own business and arranging my schedules to allow time for photography wherever I happened to be that day.

Then the economy decided I was having too much fun.

Now I'm an 8-5 wage slave 5 days a week Sad

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman  114484 forum posts England36 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jan 2012 - 4:39 PM

I was medically retired from work due to an accident which left me disabled 18 years ago, used to be an HGV1 driver.......I'd do anything to be able to go back to work! Unfortunately due to suffering a broken spine and having a brain injury it ain't never going to happen. But I can assure folk that not being able to work isn't as much fun as one might think.......

Ade

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 54169 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jan 2012 - 4:43 PM

Blimey Ade. That's bloody rotten. Sad

Ade_Osman
16 Jan 2012 - 4:52 PM

S*** happens as they say......I'm ok, just walking wounded, fortunately........Just wanted to make the point though that not being able to work isn't quite all it's cracked up to be Sad

Ade

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314810 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jan 2012 - 5:09 PM

Quote: But I can assure folk that not being able to work isn't as much fun as one might think.......

Yes not good at all, been there a couple of times, I`st time before, during and after a big op, a total of 12 months off, then more recently being out of work for 48 weeks following a sacking Smile

I also get paid for all my breaks including lunch (never ever got this before) and due to my working pattern I get pretty much a week off every other week (6 days) feels almost like a weeks paid holiday every other week.

Ade is there nothing you can do, how about retraining.

Ade_Osman
16 Jan 2012 - 5:13 PM

Tried several times and it didn't work out much to my annoyance Sad The problem lies mainly with the brain damage. I don't really want to expand on it too much, obviously because it's personal..........Let's just say I'm as mad as a hatter! Tongue

Ade

lemmy
lemmy  71762 forum posts United Kingdom
16 Jan 2012 - 5:16 PM

Quote: But I can assure folk that not being able to work isn't as much fun as one might think

No, nothing is when it is forced on you. You've got some nice pictures on show though, so happily your injury hasn't impeded you in that respect.

Ade_Osman
16 Jan 2012 - 5:31 PM

Quote: You've got some nice pictures on show though

Thanks Lemmy, although it can do at times.......Anyway's enough of me, I've hijacked this thread enough with all my woes Smile

AdeGrin

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014708 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jan 2012 - 6:24 PM

Don't miss the 9-5....

Do miss the money....

in fact, that's all I miss....

being a wage slave isn't fun

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.