Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Z-PRO ND GRAD FILTERS

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    MikeH
    MikeH  9217 forum posts England4 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Oct 2005 - 7:22 AM

I have a set of these and my widest angle lens is 18mm. Now I am getting the sigma 10-20mm lens. Has any one got experience of these on this type of lens. Looking at the blurb it implies that to avoid vignetting at 10mm you have to reverse the holder on the adaptor ring. This sounds logical but wondered if there was any first hand advice?
    Mike

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    18 Oct 2005 - 7:22 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

IanA
    IanA  103048 forum posts England12 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Oct 2005 - 7:50 AM

Hi Mike,
    That is true, but only in landscape with the holder fitted normally. If you use it in portrait mode with the holder fitted in the normal way, there is no vignette. Any encroachment disappears between 11 and 12mm. Therefore you only need to reverse it when at it's widest and in landscape.
    HIH

Ian

andytvcams
    andytvcams  1110396 forum posts United Kingdom
    18 Oct 2005 - 9:57 AM

I'm surprised it vignette's,at 10mm,

I used both Lee and Z Pro filters and only found vignetting if the holder was not straight,although i was using a Lee filter holder,

If it is the Sigma lens you are going for,you wont go far wrong superb,so much so that when i sold mine sigma offered to buy it back as they had a back order of 500.

chrisfroud
    19 Oct 2005 - 12:00 AM

Andy, how many filter holder guides did you get away with having on your lee filter holder? I found that with three guides plus the polariser ring I got a bit of vignetting. Or was that just because I didn't have it straight? I was guessing I might need another holder with only 1-2 guides on it for the 10-20mm?

Also, whenever I put the 105mm polariser on the front I get a little vignetting? But I'm not sure whether this matters because I'm guessing its not often practical to use a polariser on such a wide angle lens?

Chris.

andytvcams
    andytvcams  1110396 forum posts United Kingdom
    19 Oct 2005 - 12:14 AM

Chris,

My Lee holder has three guides,

Ive not used a polariser on that lens,

however it does have a HMC thin skylight filter on there and there was no problems.

chrisfroud
    19 Oct 2005 - 11:38 AM

Sorted! Three filter guides is fine without the polariser, if you want to use the polariser you can with a single filter guide. Cheers Andy.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.