Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

zeiss

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    HuntedDragon
    17 Nov 2009 - 1:52 PM

has any body heard any more on the new Zeis lenses for canon camera's? no auto focous but everything else is there?

would be intresting to see if they match up to the L lenses, and hmmmm at what price?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    17 Nov 2009 - 1:52 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

keith selmes
    17 Nov 2009 - 3:08 PM

Here they are
    You'll want to be sitting down when you look at the prices. Smile
    Remember, they're ex vat.

They're wide angle and short tele primes, so I think it likely they'll be better than Canon. The vintage Zeiss SLR lenses are generally considered as good as or better than Canon, so you'd hope the new ones are, and with those price tags they'd need to be.

photofrenzy
    17 Nov 2009 - 6:06 PM

Zeiss do a 21mm f2.8 lens for the canon full frame but it was tested with a Nikon 14-24 f2.8G ED lens and the Nikon was hands down the clear winner.

When compared to the lesser canon 17-40 f4 L and 24-105 f4 L the zeiss beat both of them hands down.

My advice is to buy a nikon adaptor and purchase the Nikon 14-24 f2.8G ED lens if your using full frame its better than the canons and the Zeiss the review was done earlier this year in february 2009

HuntedDragon
    17 Nov 2009 - 6:36 PM

hmmm... 29 quid i thought... then, then... for the plastic thing owch lol.

Last Modified By HuntedDragon at 17 Nov 2009 - 6:38 PM
    LensYews
    LensYews  51300 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Nov 2009 - 6:38 PM

Are these more of the old contax lenses rebranded as Zeiss and retailed at triple the price as a result?

keith selmes
    17 Nov 2009 - 7:50 PM

The Contax SLR lenses are marked Carl Zeiss, same as these. Doesn't say Contax anywhere.
    Whatever they may be optically, the new ZE ones (for Canon) don't have an aperture ring, they must work through the body same ae EF lenses.

Snapper
    Snapper  93706 forum posts United States Minor Outlying Islands3 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Nov 2009 - 9:37 PM

Quote: You'll want to be sitting down when you look at the prices.
    Remember, they're ex vat.

A quick look at the 50mm f1.4 has it at 456 + vat in Nikon fitting, while Nikon's own 50/f1.4 AIS is 475 + vat. The Zeiss 25/f2.8 is a bit scary compared to the Nikon 24/f2.8 right enough!

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.