Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Zenith Photosniper

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

kenskinn
kenskinn  773 forum posts England
17 Feb 2013 - 1:05 PM

Does anyone remember the Photo sniper and would anyone Kobe brave enough to use one in this day and age?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
17 Feb 2013 - 1:05 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

AlexandraSD
17 Feb 2013 - 1:42 PM

Yes i do and yes i would, you will never again have problems with people getting in shot when not wanted and if they did you could just bosh em over the head with it Smile

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139443 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
17 Feb 2013 - 1:46 PM

It would certainly be 'interesting' to use one of these................ these days! Grin

z.jpg

spaceman
spaceman  105166 forum posts Wales3 Constructive Critique Points
17 Feb 2013 - 1:50 PM

Yeah, I remember them. It seemed like a pretty good idea to me. I would have liked to have had the opportunity to try one out. As CB suggests, using one in public would be an act of lunacy these days.

franken
franken e2 Member 123126 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
17 Feb 2013 - 2:34 PM

I borrowed one of these from a friend in the 70's and it was great fun if not a bit heavy. I'm not sure I'd like to walk around a city centre with one these days though? Smile

You can still get them apparently:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lot-Of-Excellent-Nice-Working-Camera-Zenit-12S-Photosn...

hornchurch
17 Feb 2013 - 2:51 PM

handled one as a part exchange in a store in 1988 would not have popped into London with it then let alone now Wink

Scorpio2418
17 Feb 2013 - 2:53 PM

If Canon could make a digital version of the photosniper, I would be very happy. I did have one of the Zenith ones and totally loved it. Has anyone out there still got one complete and working.?

yashicaboy
17 Feb 2013 - 3:39 PM

Yip got it at a carboot in the early 90's for 15 quid last used it about 6 months ago but I am carefull where I use it! Don't want a visit from the armed responce unit!

searlem
searlem e2 Member 738 forum postssearlem vcard England1 Constructive Critique Points
17 Feb 2013 - 5:33 PM

My first SLR was a Zenith, can't remember which model unfortunately, but used to drool over these in the adverts in Amateur Photographer, definitely not sure it would be a good idea now.

thewilliam
17 Feb 2013 - 11:19 PM

I seem to remember the Photosniper was designed for military use and that it's as tough as an AK47.

Sooty_1
Sooty_1 Critique Team 41207 forum posts United Kingdom198 Constructive Critique Points
17 Feb 2013 - 11:30 PM

Didn't have a bayonet mount though, that come later!!!

TongueTongueTongueTongueTongue

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315362 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
18 Feb 2013 - 1:35 AM

Quote: If Canon could make a digital version of the photosniper

http://bushhawk.com/bushhawk/bushhawk-shoulder-mounts

thewilliam
18 Feb 2013 - 10:28 AM

When the Photosniper was manufactured, it was the Ruskies who were getting shot at and blown to bits in Afghanistan. Now it's NATO forces.

pablophotographer

I do remember them, but I have not seen one "live". I remember reading that the optic wasn't great. My dad's Zenit had a dinted/chipped lens at the edge, but the pictures didn't show a fault. I suspect that birdwatchers and secret police in Eastern Europe used it a lot, it would be interesting to see some of these pictures

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1023026 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
21 Feb 2013 - 5:42 PM

I had one.

They were rubbish but they were different times. Most people my age and younger actually thought they were state of the art cool. Blush

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.