Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Calling all airshow photographers - new user group (group forum)

If you'd like to join this group, either login or register with ePHOTOzine.

javam e2
10 1.1k 19 United Kingdom
5 Jul 2010 11:54PM
I have just set up an Airshow Photography group as I thought it timely with Duxford Flying Legends and the RIAT on the Horizon.

Airshows do not account for many uploads on ephotozine, but there are a few of us kicking around so I thought it might be useful to set up a group to share tips (on what time to get up and get to the gates as much as what kit), compare shots and maybe set-up some mini meets.

i am off to Duxford on the 10th and the RIAT on the 17th.

Duxford will be with my dad and son and my son in particular does not leave much time for socializing, but could maybe hook up at the RIAT. If you are new to Airshows and want some pointers I will happily pass on what I know.

Neil

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

v8dunc 7 333 4 Scotland
5 Jul 2010 11:58PM
Hi Neil i am up for this,i will be at Duxford on sunday ,with my father and my son also.any one there on sunday give me a call

Duncan
CanonMan e2
13 496 4 England
6 Jul 2010 10:12AM
I'll be at Legends and RIAT on the same days as you, then off to Farnborough on the 19th. Could meet up at RIAT. Grin
javam e2
6 Jul 2010 5:02PM
Hi Duncan, welcome on board, are you planning to do any others this year?

Steve, meet up would be good. Are you going to be along the flight line on a standard ticket or in one of the other viewing areas?
v8dunc 7 333 4 Scotland
6 Jul 2010 5:47PM
I will try to get to a few more this year,dont know what at the moment.need to wait and see how things pan out

Duncan
CanonMan e2
13 496 4 England
7 Jul 2010 2:15PM
I'll just be along the flight line, somehwere where I can get a reasonably unobstructed view.
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
7 Jul 2010 2:21PM
Hi Neil,
South Wales contingent will be at RIAT on 17th.
We would definitely love to meet up and learn from you...Smile
javam e2
7 Jul 2010 9:55PM
Steve, Cole. I will PM you my phone number.

Hopefully I will work out how to use my newly purchased 7D at Duxford so I will have my own settings sorted by the RIAT, happy to pass on some pointers if I can Cole.

I aim to be outside the gates not long after 6am to stand a chance of being near the front of the flight line.
Phil_Morgan 8 182 1 Wales
7 Jul 2010 10:48PM
See you at Riat Neil, will be with Cole Smile
proberts 10 218 4 Wales
8 Jul 2010 6:01PM
See you there too. With Phil and um . . .Cole Wink
javam e2
8 Jul 2010 10:11PM
Quite a mini-meet shaping up, look forward to seeing you there.
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
26 Jul 2010 10:42PM
I'd like to thank Neil (javam) for starting this group and more recently (tonight even) going through and adding dates to the Calendar which will make it a great resource for airshow photographers. I hope others will start and manage similar groups for other event photography. This is one of the great aspects of groups. Thanks again Neil Smile
javam e2
26 Jul 2010 11:47PM
No problem Pete.

Not sure the calendar is comprehensive, but it is a start and hopefully gives us something to refer to and may help some more mini meets take shape.
Willpower 3 218 United Kingdom
8 Aug 2011 3:37PM
Hi everyone.
New group member here. I spent 25 years in the RAF so I have an inbuilt interest for aircraft. Blend that with my efforts to improve my photography and here I am.
I shall be reading through everything, but I think that's going to take a while. In the meantime, I shall upload one of mine for you to see.
Any comments are welcome, after all how else do you learn.

Regards
Willpower

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.