Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

B&W weekly challenge

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
Cristian
Cristian  9950 forum posts1 Constructive Critique Points
28 Dec 2010 - 4:19 PM

Reminder that this weeks challenge closes Wednesday night at 8pm.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
28 Dec 2010 - 4:19 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Gypsyman
Gypsyman e2 Member 3659 forum postsGypsyman vcard England
28 Dec 2010 - 8:04 PM

I posted a Comment Earlier today which does not now appear to be on, I have posted 3 Photos
on the subject of Indulgence, for Comments, as I do not wish the mistake that was made in the
last Challenge to be repeated, so I state that these are not entered therein. Eric.

cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 104009 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland25 Constructive Critique Points
28 Dec 2010 - 8:22 PM

Quote: I posted a Comment Earlier today which does not now appear to be on, I have posted 3 Photos
on the subject of Indulgence, for Comments, as I do not wish the mistake that was made in the
last Challenge to be repeated, so I state that these are not entered therein. Eric.

The non-entries are noted, but it might be better if you didn't upload images with the same theme?

Gypsyman
28 Dec 2010 - 8:36 PM

Jeff, You will know, if you have read my posts, That I am a Newbe, That I wish to get better at
Photography of all kinds, but wish moreso to get the Changing of Colour Prints to B&W right without the help of PS and others which I do not have, since Joining the B&W group, I have tried
to follow the subjects, with the hope of getting some comments to help me get to where I can begin to join in the Challengers, But whilst the Group states that one of its aims is to help others,
sadly I have seen little, most of my SNaps have gone without comment. Eric.

cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 104009 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland25 Constructive Critique Points
28 Dec 2010 - 10:05 PM

Quote: Jeff, You will know, if you have read my posts, That I am a Newbe, That I wish to get better at
Photography of all kinds, but wish moreso to get the Changing of Colour Prints to B&W right without the help of PS and others which I do not have, since Joining the B&W group, I have tried
to follow the subjects, with the hope of getting some comments to help me get to where I can begin to join in the Challengers, But whilst the Group states that one of its aims is to help others,
sadly I have seen little, most of my SNaps have gone without comment. Eric.

Can see where you are coming from, Eric..seems that the B&W group isn't hot on giving comments..not quite sure why. I'm `new' to B&W myself but think you will always struggle if you aren't using some proprietary software. Have you thought about using Picasa, or Pixlr or Gimp which are all free. Smile
jeff

Jestertheclown
28 Dec 2010 - 10:40 PM

Quote: Have you thought about using Picasa, or Pixlr or Gimp which are all free. Smile

Picasa's a good choice, albeit a bit basic.

You don't even need to instal Pixlr. Just bookmark it.

If you're going to try Pixlr, and I recomend that you do, then I wouldn't bother with GIMP.
By comparison, its a bit of a dinosaur and (correct me if I'm wrong) but I don't think it does anything Pixlr doesn't and it's interface is a real headache.

strawman
strawman  1022006 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
28 Dec 2010 - 11:01 PM

So use the critique section Eric as is its intended to help those that wish to learn.

Also it would help a lot if you put into the description what it was you intended to achieve, what were your thoughts behind the image, what you thought went well, what you think is missing. If not you make it very hard for those looking at the image to understand what you want. An exercise that may well help you is to go through the gallery and pick a few images you like and write your own critique of them as that may well help you.

these are just some of the things I have found help.

strawman
strawman  1022006 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
29 Dec 2010 - 3:58 PM

Can I check, have I managed to enter the current challenge?

thanks John

Gypsyman
29 Dec 2010 - 7:14 PM

John, Your Car is amongst those entered.

cats_123
29 Dec 2010 - 7:15 PM

Anyone else joining in?....not long left Smile

cats_123
29 Dec 2010 - 8:20 PM

Looks like I only have 3 to review....give me a short while to take a considered view Smile

Sandgrouse
Sandgrouse e2 Member 7407 forum postsSandgrouse vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
29 Dec 2010 - 8:38 PM

Quote: Looks like I only have 3 to review....

Quality not quantity! Some really good shots again this week.

I was working most of christmas eve, christmas day and boxing day in my bar job and now am back a work in my main job, had fun and games trying to get my boiler fixed which broke on 22nd, first the plumber crashed his van and now he is hospital with virus so did not get time this weeek, hopefully get chance next week.

cats_123
29 Dec 2010 - 9:10 PM

I donít profess to be an expert photographer, so my choice is driven by what stimulates my eye.....

Cattyalís Vodka bottles have a clarity of thought and a clarity of liquid Smile Do we indulge ourselves or are we driven to Indulgence. Hope everyone had a Merry CCCCChristmas!!!

Phil_Lís `sweets are very distracting, and I like how my eye is drawn to choose a particular one..I was given a health warning just before Christmas, so perhaps thatís the poisoned chalice? Wink

Strawmanís car is a thing of beauty, a young manís indulgence for speed and grace...

my choice then is coloured...to much to drink, too much to eat or drive too fast??????

I go for the liquid his time......love the filter effect.... Well done, Alison...over to you for next week

cheers and a Happy New Year to everyone GrinGrinGrin
jeff

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 96030 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
29 Dec 2010 - 9:13 PM

Thanks Jeff - I hasten to add that those large bottles will last me quite a few weeks - I'm a very modest drinker but do like a large tumbler full occasionally Smile

I'd better come up with a idea a bit quick!!!!! Can peeps wait until morning or do I need to think of something before bed-time?

cats_123
29 Dec 2010 - 9:57 PM

am sure tomorrow will be fine Smile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.