Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Share your knowledge - B&W processing

If you'd like to join this group, either login or register with ePHOTOzine.

Sandgrouse e2
8 407 1 United Kingdom
25 Feb 2011 5:18PM
I'm trying to get a little more activity in the Black and white group .

The idea of this is for people to show how they process B&W images. I have uploaded 3 colour images, a city scape, a landscape and an abstract image.

1) Download the images
2) Process one or all of the images into a B&W.
3) Upload your image to this forum thread and share your knowledge on how you processed them ie what software you used, what you did, what work and why, what did not work and why.

This is just one of the ideas i had to try and make the group a bit more active.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Gypsyman 4 660 England
25 Feb 2011 6:55PM
Rick, I have tried 3 times on each of the photos, I cannot d/load them, they have a file name
photo protector. gif.
Sandgrouse e2
8 407 1 United Kingdom
25 Feb 2011 7:03PM

Quote:Rick, I have tried 3 times on each of the photos, I cannot d/load them, they have a file name
photo protector. gif.

I thought you could jsut right click and save, but not any more...dashing out to work now, I will sort out hopefully tonight. sorry my fault...
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
25 Feb 2011 7:08PM
Why not upload the images here, full size as raw or jpeg.

http://www.ephotozine.com/downloads
cats_123 e2
10 4.2k 25 Northern Ireland
25 Feb 2011 7:09PM
I can right click and edit in pixlr ...think, though you need to allow modifications for the downloads to work Smile
Scutter e2
7 1.7k 6 United Kingdom
25 Feb 2011 7:45PM
Great idea Rick! I had no trouble downloading them by clicking on each version button; right click and save as... they saved by default to my Downloads folder where I was able to open them with CS4. However I couldn't preview them in Windows viewer. Paul's suggestion might be better.

Time was when we had a RAW challenge in that section!!WinkWinkSmileSmile (a subtle hint that another is long overdue!!)Tongue
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
25 Feb 2011 7:49PM

Quote:Time was when we had a RAW challenge in that section!!WinkWinkSmileSmile (a subtle hint that another is long overdue!!)Tongue

The tools are already in place anyone could set one up.
devlin 4 651 39 India
25 Feb 2011 8:07PM
Good idea..will give it a go once the download thingy is fixed Smile
cats_123 e2
25 Feb 2011 8:08PM

Quote:Time was when we had a RAW challenge in that section!!

for the ignorant amongst us..what does that entail...wouldn't there be a problem in uploading large raw files?
Scutter e2
7 1.7k 6 United Kingdom
25 Feb 2011 9:43PM

for the ignorant amongst us..what does that entail...wouldn't there be a problem in uploading large raw files?

see here
cats_123 e2
25 Feb 2011 9:49PM

see here

thanks...have a better understanding but not sure there's enough interest in this group yet
Gypsyman 4 660 England
25 Feb 2011 10:02PM
It would be of more interest to me, if I knew what RAW is, and how one can get it.
No funny answers, I know you can get Raw sat on frosty ground waiting for something
to come along to have its Photo taken.
Scutter e2
7 1.7k 6 United Kingdom
25 Feb 2011 10:14PM
I seem to have inadvertently diverted this thread in to a discussion on raw processing, that wasn't my intention!TongueTongue We should be concentrating on the task Sandgrouse has set us!!SmileSmileWink
Gypsyman 4 660 England
25 Feb 2011 10:32PM
Scutter, would do but I still cannot D/load the Photographs. Eric. Sad
Gypsyman 4 660 England
26 Feb 2011 9:31AM
Still no success with D/loads. Eric.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.