Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Reflector Material?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    cattyal
    cattyal e2 Member 96067 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Nov 2011 - 10:33 AM

Just noticed THIS radiator reflector foil on the Lidl website - may well take a closer look at lunchtime.....

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    24 Nov 2011 - 10:33 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318450 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Nov 2011 - 10:42 AM

Looks like that should work well and could be cut to shapes for specific reflector treatment or highlight creations. I've got several pieces of reflector cut down from those reflector screens you put in car windows to keep the heat out.

Last Modified By Pete at 24 Nov 2011 - 10:43 AM
    LouiseTopp
    24 Nov 2011 - 11:27 AM

How do you stick it to the wall behind the radiator?

keithh
    keithh e2 Member 1023111 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Nov 2011 - 11:32 AM

...glue

cattyal
    cattyal e2 Member 96067 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Nov 2011 - 11:42 AM

Well if it looks any good I'll pick up a roll. I've got one of the car reflector screens but could, as you suggest Pete, do with some smaller reflectors.

Ok I could use tin foil but I'm feeling extravagant Smile

Just Jas
    Just Jas  1225752 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Nov 2011 - 11:43 AM

A good idea, on reflection. Wink

LouiseTopp
    25 Nov 2011 - 9:39 AM

Quote: ...glue

I wouldn't use glue behind a radiator, probably blue tac or sellotape.

keithh
    keithh e2 Member 1023111 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Nov 2011 - 10:03 AM

...classy
    Wink

Nick_w
    Nick_w e2 Member 73888 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Nov 2011 - 10:41 AM

Quote: I wouldn't use glue behind a radiator, probably blue tac or sellotape.

Why not?

You just have to chose the right type. If they can stick tiles on a space shuttle, you can stick silver foil behind a radiator, besides bluetac would dry out and lose its errr tack, and sellotape - well doesn't that have an adhesive on ?

Last Modified By Nick_w at 25 Nov 2011 - 10:42 AM
    cattyal
    25 Nov 2011 - 11:06 AM

Well I don't plan to glue it behind my radiator - I have a roll beside my desk now but won't be taking it home until next week. It's far too nice out there to carry that back when I could be carrying the camera instead.

Plus I've the afternoon off so can play in town for an hour or two and then go home to play.......

bigalguitarpicker
    25 Nov 2011 - 12:15 PM

Christmas wrapping foil can be handy too. I made 2 reflectors from hardboard, with tinfoil on one side and gold wrapping paper on the other. Works fine.
    To use reflective foil behind a radiator, paste it with wallpaper paste and slide it carefully into place. You need to cut slits to allow for the radiator wall mounting brackets. It's more easily applied if you take the radiator off the wall first. You need to turn the radiator off before you disconnect it from the pipes. And the water will run out of it. Everywhere. Then when you reinstall it, you need to bleed it to allow the air out and water in. Shouldn't take more than half an hour. Smile

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.