Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Here's a daft idea that will never work!! Global Meet (group topic)

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    StephenBrighton

This morning I was wondering about what's wrong with this idea:

1) Pick a date and time to meet
    2) Local groups of EPZ members from around the world gather at the designated time and date at a place of their choosing
    3) Take lots of pictures (maybe to a theme or based upon a technique or single lens)
    4) Pick the best/most interesting/most informative/most enlightening image and upload them on the same day to EPZ
    5) Do it again and again ....

Stephen

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    6 Jul 2010 - 7:18 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1218416 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Jul 2010 - 9:10 AM

It's a great idea. Although it's already being done by Scott Kelby - Worldwide Photo Walk - a very effective marketing tool to plug his Photoshop books/videos/courses.

StephenBrighton

Thanks Pete,

First of all I'd like to take this opportunity to express my gratitude for the new EPZ groups feature. I kind of know that it is a winner of an idea put into action so well.

[As an aside I notice that there have been nearly 100 "lurkers" who have read this thread. I would love to read their words too.]

How do you suggest we help build the EPZ community in such away that people get to know each other nationally and globally and not just via the occasional local meet up?

Speaking from personal experience I have enjoyed each meeting and photographing with each and everyone of the epz people I have met in the real world.

What do you suggest? As a long term subscriber to EPZ I am very interested in seeing this place and the people that make it so great thrive and shine.

Best

Stephen

Badger
    Badger  114736 forum posts United Kingdom20 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Jul 2010 - 12:27 PM

Sounds like a photographic flash mob event, which could be quite cool.

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1218416 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Jul 2010 - 12:29 PM

Quote: What do you suggest? As a long term subscriber to EPZ I am very interested in seeing this place and the people that make it so great thrive and shine.

Me too Smile
    I like your idea...please feel free to go ahead and try, we will certainly support it, but there does seem to be a great deal of apathy these days.

crookymonsta
    crookymonsta e2 Member 6675 forum postscrookymonsta vcard England10 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Jul 2010 - 12:45 PM

Sent you a PM Stephen, as I couldn't seem to add a comment before, but working ok now.

Just because Scott Kelby is already doing a Worldwide Photo Walk I don't see that as a reason why EPZ shouldn't have a global meet. In the 2+ years I have been a member I have only managed to meet two other members, one on Scott Kelby's walk last year and one who introduced me to a local camera club. As yet there have been no groups meeting in my local area and as I am very much an amateur and not very experienced photographer I feel somewhat inhibited about setting one up myself.

I wholeheartedly support this idea and would certainly join in if it went ahead.

I visit other parts of the uk from time to time and travel abroad a couple of times a year and would love to meet up with other EPZers in different locations too. Perhaps we could have a new forum topic to encourage members to meet up on their travels.

Sandra

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.