Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Introduction

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    GDO
    GDO  3 Czech Republic
    12 Apr 2011 - 11:15 AM

Hello all,

i didn't know where to start so i decided to open the topic to introduce myself.
    I am french, from Nice( Nizza) and, paradox, i decided in 2006 to follow my job in other country, so i live now in Czech Republic near Brno.
    Working in IT, i came back to photography few months ago with an eos 500D and now i practice it with old lenses (M42 mount) which provide me lot of pleasure. As i am beginner that's true that my shots don't provide the results that those old lenses are able to do but i am not sure, except for sport, that i will come back to some modern lenses.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    12 Apr 2011 - 11:15 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318443 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Apr 2011 - 11:24 AM

Thanks for the introduction Gilles. Smile
    I like your idea of using old lenses. Some of these have more interesting optical designs than modern lenses so you can be a little more creative with them. I also like the fact they have good solid focusing rings and smooth control allowing very accurate focusing.

GDO
    GDO  3 Czech Republic
    12 Apr 2011 - 4:11 PM

thank you Pete, i totally agree and i think, specially for beginners like me, that with those old lenses you can have a practical approach of the theory. I use them since few weeks now and i begin to change my way to shot, i think more before shoting and try to choose the good lense for the shot i want to do.
    I like a lot my last upload "bee bee lunch" which is a crop of bee made with old 50mm, sharpness is fantastic ( from my point of view naturally).
    Currently i have only 4 old lenses but enjoy them all, goal is now to find what is the best usage of those veterans, that will take a bit of time.

JackAllTog
    JackAllTog e2 Member 53627 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Apr 2011 - 5:00 PM

Hi Gilles,

That's a nice gallery you are building up there with your classic lenses, if they are all primes then you will be gettign lovely sharp images. photographer that stick in my mind have a "unique selling point" to their style and this consistency generally makes their work more interesting in the short to medium term. You lenses should provide you with this USP.

IT is a great job to get you around isn't it. i look forward to following your travels through images.
    The time of day you upload also, i beleive, affects your votes. I think you profile would typically give you more votes than you currently have. But then so does your time in interaction on epZ.

Welcome.
    Stuart

GDO
    GDO  3 Czech Republic
    13 Apr 2011 - 8:11 AM

Hi Jack,1st of all thanks a lot for your feedback, i try a bit every thing but i amdefinitively more attracted by nature, animals but not so much portrait, i don't know how come but don't have any inspiration with portraits, i believe it will come on time.
    I have only prime lenses actually if we consider the manual ones, maybe it's the impact of my job but i need something a bit challenging and to busy my brain.
    I really appreciate your remarks regarding my work and portofolio, that's true that i upload the photos at any-time and mainly when my job let me few minutes to work on that. That' certainly not the best method but i don't race votes, i use it more to follow my work and track my progress, weeks after weeks.
    I hope that with the new season i will find again new opportunities of shots and mainly the time to do it.
    i am really happy to join the group, specially when i look your PFs, i feel very little one but it give me lot of inspiration and motivation to continue.
    I recently joined a fotoklub in my village which is new challenge as naturally they speak nearly all only czech so i will progress certainly on both domains, photo and language ( i am not sure that photo is more difficult than czech language..)

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.