Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Lens hood for the X10

If you'd like to join this group, either login or register with ePHOTOzine.

rogerfry e2
9 525 United Kingdom
14 Dec 2011 2:43PM
Referring to my comment in NikLG's post (Filter for the X10), I have just received my generic hood from China.

It seems to be an exact replica of the Fuji hood, and is good quality with a matt black finish. It's packaged under the name JJC with model No. LH-JX10....a google search with that model No. brings up a load of results, with prices around 25 including postage.

(If you happen to have the X100 as well (!) a search with LH-JX100 brings up prices as low as 7.00!)

Happy Shopping.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
22 Dec 2011 2:43PM
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
22 Dec 2011 4:12PM
I know I'm not a Group member but I'm interested to hear how you X10 owners are getting on with it. Do you still love it? Any bugs?
Now the price is coming down I'm still wondering whether to or not.
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
22 Dec 2011 4:21PM
I've not had the opportunity or excuse to use it for a few days but plan to give it a good hammering over Christmas Smile Still love it - I've yet to come across any problems and still more than happy that I bought it Smile
rogerfry e2
9 525 United Kingdom
22 Dec 2011 4:29PM
Great little camera! Amazon now have it for 425 and also cheap hood/filter ring.....see Paul's post above.

Roger.
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
22 Dec 2011 5:27PM
I`ve not used any camera in the past two/three weeks, hopefully I`ll have more time over Christmas and the new year.

While I was at it I ordered a soft release as well Smile

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002KEE5TQ
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
29 Dec 2011 5:18PM
Hood and filter adapter has not arrived yet, but I received the soft release in the post today Smile

p1000678.jpg

p1000675.jpg

Ok its Leica branded but including postage from the US it was still cheaper than these.

http://www.robertwhite.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=soft+shutter+release
NikLG e2
9 1.7k England
29 Dec 2011 6:27PM
I got the hood and adapter this morning. Fits fine. Seems solid enough Not stuck any filters on it yet though.
Still debating wether to get a soft release or not. Does help in anyway or just look cool ? Smile
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
30 Dec 2011 1:14AM

Quote:Still debating wether to get a soft release or not. Does help in anyway or just look cool ?

They say you can gain about a stop in low light hand held.

Adds comfort.

And makes the button easier to find when looking through the viewfinder.

Looking cool does not come in to it Smile
NikLG e2
9 1.7k England
30 Dec 2011 9:12AM
Intersting. I may look into getting one in that case.
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
30 Dec 2011 9:35AM
I quite fancy this lens-cap ebay link - but can't decide if I'd feel like a bit of a twit or not......

I doubt I'll buy it Smile
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
30 Dec 2011 9:51PM
That looks Ok Alison but what about filters.

I`m just itching to try an IR filter Smile

Nik the soft release in my book is a worth while investment and there not exactly dear.

Got in from work after a long shift to find the hood and filter adapter has arrived, looking good Smile
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
30 Dec 2011 10:02PM
Ah I've plans to buy a proper IR converted camera soon so I don't need to worry about that. I might consider other filters though but don't plan to think about that tonight Smile

I won't be buying the cap though - neat idea but unnecessary as long as I've got a pocket to put the original cap into!
last ten 10 416 Isle of Man
31 Dec 2011 2:56PM

Quote:I quite fancy this lens-cap ebay link - but can't decide if I'd feel like a bit of a twit or not......

I doubt I'll buy it Smile

Please don't buy that lens cover, people will stare at you Lol only messing!

I think that over a period of time that could actually start to mark the lens barrel, correct me if I am wrong please.

Peter
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
31 Dec 2011 3:13PM
If I worried about people staring at me I'd not stand in the middle of town turning full circles using the panorama setting Smile I pretty much don't care anymore Smile

I gather it simply slots over the lens and is held on by grippy stuff so I doubt it would do any harm.

I've got other things to spend my money on though - my jeans pocket is a safe place for the current cap Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.