Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Favourite insect?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
alistairfarrugia
alistairfarrugia Critique Team 2164 forum posts Malta88 Constructive Critique Points
6 Nov 2012 - 3:19 PM

Looks like the fly's wearing one of those Venetian masks worn by doctors in the Renaissance period!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
6 Nov 2012 - 3:19 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Gaucho
Gaucho e2 Member 122260 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
6 Nov 2012 - 3:23 PM

Butterflies definitely

2-8089-black-veigned-white-aporia-crataegi-web.jpg

1-20120531-butterfly-0082-49.jpg

but also spiders

1--dsc0298.jpg

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139448 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
6 Nov 2012 - 3:52 PM

Moths are good subjects too. Smile

gw.jpg

2-bm.jpg

bricurtis
bricurtis e2 Member 91904 forum postsbricurtis vcard England48 Constructive Critique Points
6 Nov 2012 - 4:23 PM

I like Moths too CB.

Here's a Cream-spot Tiger.

dsc-6858--epz--copy.jpg

Just Jas
Just Jas  1225752 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
6 Nov 2012 - 4:53 PM

CB - Do they get their attire from Moth Bros? Wink

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139448 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
6 Nov 2012 - 4:57 PM

Quote: Do they get their attire from Moth Bros?

{Groan} Grin

lawbert
lawbert  71713 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
6 Nov 2012 - 5:06 PM

Dragons and Damsels are my favorites....Smile

img-6334-filtered-copy-2.jpg

img-4149-filtered-copy-2.jpg

alistairfarrugia
alistairfarrugia Critique Team 2164 forum posts Malta88 Constructive Critique Points
6 Nov 2012 - 5:14 PM

Love that dragonfly in flight shot. You'd typically see such shots of birds, rarely of dragonflies I guess. Wow! Anyways, haven't seen a single picture here that I didn't like.

redsnappa
redsnappa  111916 forum posts United Kingdom
6 Nov 2012 - 5:19 PM

My favourite insect are grasshoppers, flash fried with a splash of chilli sauce, excellent.

Carabosse
6 Nov 2012 - 5:22 PM

Quote: My favourite insect are grasshoppers, flash fried with a splash of chilli sauce, excellent.

You should go on "I'm a Celebrity" Grin

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114521 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
6 Nov 2012 - 6:45 PM

Quote: Moths are good subjects too.

I ain't saying anything because if you don't know what I like by now, I don't think you ever will......GrinGrinGrinGrin

Quote: but also spiders

Since when have spiders been insects??.....Tongue.....Sorry couldn't resist thatGrin

Ade

Last Modified By Ade_Osman at 6 Nov 2012 - 6:47 PM
Gaucho
Gaucho e2 Member 122260 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
6 Nov 2012 - 6:58 PM

Yeah, but she's eating an insect Tongue

alistairfarrugia
6 Nov 2012 - 8:35 PM

Quote:

but also spiders

Since when have spiders been insects??.....Tongue.....Sorry couldn't resist thatGrin

Ade

I also included bugs too...that typically covers all creepy crawlies ;P

bigalguitarpicker

Quote: Pond skaters are excellent in context

But fairly tricky to photograph well. Here's my effort - taken with my compact. My system camera + macro lens would have been better.

Good capture there. I often lean over the bridge over the River Lagan (which is a small river where I live) and watch the birds bees and insects. Passing motorists often shout "Don't jump!" and younger passing motorists often shout "Jump! Jump!" I maintain my resolve and watch the birds, bees and insects. Pond Skaters have always fascinated me. I've always thought of them as pure black, so I love this image which shows them to have a bit of colour. If anyone is interested in trout fishing, they may have heard of the Buzzer Nymph, which is a little black fly (sort of). I once put a Buzzer Nymph under the microscope and discovered a tinge of hot orange in the rearmost part of its tail. All the imitation Buzzer Nymphs I tied afterwards had the inclusion of a little twist of hot orange in the tail, and my catch rates soared! Smile

Ian G W
Ian G W  11396 forum posts England3 Constructive Critique Points
6 Nov 2012 - 10:49 PM

Pondskaters!

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.