Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Hi everybody from Caithness

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    ErictheViking
    ErictheViking e2 Member 1124 forum postsErictheViking vcard Scotland102 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Nov 2012 - 2:48 PM

I've had a love of mono images for as long as I can remember so when I started to take photography more seriously a couple of years ago I started to explore mono images and how to get the best i can. At present I have a canon 500D digital camera as well as a canon 350D IR conversion and a canon AE-1. I got the AE-1 a few month a ago to go back to film as I feel that is how you can get some of the best mono's. I use Photoshop Elements 11 together with Silver Efex Pro 2 and I also use Topaz Denoise 5.

I welcome any advise to improve my images and I have just started a home study Photography course to try and move me from the self taught to the slightly more educated.

Eric Grin

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    12 Nov 2012 - 2:48 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

pulsar69
    pulsar69  101611 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Nov 2012 - 3:39 PM

Hi Eric and welcome

We have tons of your Crystal Wink

Enjoy EPZ and look forward to seeing your images

Andrew

JackAllTog
    JackAllTog e2 Member 53584 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Nov 2012 - 4:07 PM

Hi Eric, Loads to learn and share here - welcome to epZ.

That course sounds worthwhile to be doing.

Stuart

widtink
    widtink  2406 forum posts Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Nov 2012 - 5:22 PM

sell all your canon stuff and get a Nikon Eric Tongue

You know it makes sense

Rod

ErictheViking
    ErictheViking e2 Member 1124 forum postsErictheViking vcard Scotland102 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Nov 2012 - 10:40 PM

Thanks for your welcome messages and Rod I should know some Fifers are delusional but I think you've just lost the plot TongueTongueWink

Eric

bigalguitarpicker
    12 Nov 2012 - 11:38 PM

Hello ErictheViking. I was over your way a few weeks ago. brodgar.jpg Had a day in Orkney, where I visited the Ring of Brodgar. janus-mono.jpg This pic is from nearer home, it's the Janus figure on Boa Island in Lough Erne.

ErictheViking
    13 Nov 2012 - 12:07 AM

Loved the shots of The Ring of Brodgar and janus.

User_Removed
    16 Nov 2012 - 9:26 PM

Hi Eric.

My wife is a "dirty weeker", so I have a romantic attachment to Caithness. What amuses me are the morons who say that it is not the most photogenic county in UK. They have obviously never spent a day clambering over and around the Stacks of Duncansby looking for the best camera angles!

Last Modified By User_Removed at 16 Nov 2012 - 9:26 PM
    ErictheViking
    16 Nov 2012 - 10:18 PM

Your right LeftForum The countryside here is unique but you missed out the best bits trying to get the best angles in the force 9 gale!!!!

Eric Grin

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.