Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Mono enthusiastes group poll

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    chavender
    chavender e2 Member 3214 forum postschavender vcard France1 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Aug 2012 - 11:06 AM

A quick poll for group members.

Would it be beneficial to limit image uploads to one per member every seven days?
    The idea is to allow time for consideration and comment on the images uploaded.

Anyone interested in joining the group would be very welcome.

Bill

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    16 Aug 2012 - 11:06 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

sherlob
    sherlob e2 Member 82324 forum postssherlob vcard United Kingdom125 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Aug 2012 - 11:15 AM

Every seven days seems a little excessive. Perhaps 1 a day - like in the main gallery? How will this be enforced Bill?

Adam

chavender
    chavender e2 Member 3214 forum postschavender vcard France1 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Aug 2012 - 11:33 AM

The upload frequency would be voluntary Adam as there is as yet no way to limit via EPZ.
    Seven days is just a suggestion.
    It was felt by a few members that it would be better to have a smaller number of images to comment on rather than trawling through a lot (not a problem at the moment though).

Bill

Gaucho
    Gaucho e2 Member 122260 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Aug 2012 - 12:11 PM

Quote: Would it be beneficial to limit image uploads to one per member every seven days?

Yes

TanyaH
    TanyaH e2 Member 11531 forum postsTanyaH vcard United Kingdom40 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Aug 2012 - 12:22 PM

Quote: Would it be beneficial to limit image uploads to one per member every seven days?

I'm another 'Yes' Smile

puertouk
    puertouk  21072 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Aug 2012 - 12:35 PM

The only trouble with 1 image every 7 days, with such low number of members is that people would not have much to look at. I would say 1 a day is fine.
    Stephen

Jestertheclown
    16 Aug 2012 - 3:05 PM

One a week's sufficient for me.

Even with a relatively low number of active members, one a day, even if only half of us use that option, will soon fill the coffers with more shots than I can be bothered to trawl through.

capto
    capto e2 Member 21146 forum postscapto vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Aug 2012 - 7:56 PM

The site doesn't seem to be overloaded with uploads so far, maybe a review later if the situation changes would be best.

psiman
    psiman  10551 forum posts Wales
    16 Aug 2012 - 11:57 PM

Another vote for 1 every 7 days, I'd rather see quality than quantity!

Last Modified By psiman at 16 Aug 2012 - 11:57 PM
    User_Removed
    17 Aug 2012 - 10:59 AM

On balance, one per week.

At present we have a number of members who feel, for very good reasons, that they cannot give the time necessary to look at and comment in depth on every image that is uploaded. If we want the group to be a genuinely meaningful discussion group, rather than simply an image gallery, that seems the way to go.

capto
    capto e2 Member 21146 forum postscapto vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Aug 2012 - 9:52 PM

A fact, 16 images have been added to the site in the last week by 11 members. Surely this is not excessive?

chavender
    19 Aug 2012 - 12:20 PM

Thanks all for the input.

I think maybe its best to see how things go for now and if the upload rate gets to be too high then it can be capped to allow for comment etc.

Bill

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.