Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Mount Colours

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    User_Removed
    4 Nov 2012 - 4:33 PM

What colour of mounts do members normally use for their mono prints?

The reason I ask is that I am preparing a panel of mixed colour and mono prints for assessment for an RPS distinction and the "notes of guidance" "suggest" that all prints should be in the same colour of mounts and further "suggests" that light coloured mounts are best..

Normally I use ivory or off-white mounts for colour prints and charcoal for mono prints (or dark brown if it is a sepia mono print).

Interested if any members routinely use light colour mounts with mono prints and if they think it works OK.

Last Modified By User_Removed at 4 Nov 2012 - 4:34 PM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    4 Nov 2012 - 4:33 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mlewis
    mlewis  91470 forum posts United Kingdom
    4 Nov 2012 - 5:14 PM

I always use white or slightly off white mounts regardless of colour or B&W. I think they work well.

crookymonsta
    crookymonsta e2 Member 6676 forum postscrookymonsta vcard England10 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Nov 2012 - 6:50 PM

We had a talk at camera club the other night about submitting panels to the RPS and the advice was slightly off-white mounts for everything.

SlowSong
    SlowSong e2 Member 53997 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Nov 2012 - 7:05 PM

Agree with the above. Off-white goes with most things. You can get an ingres version which gives a bit of texture if you don't want just plain.
    x

Last Modified By SlowSong at 4 Nov 2012 - 7:05 PM
    JohnParminter

Off white.

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1218416 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Nov 2012 - 7:13 PM

I used to use a dark green which worked well on Agfa record rapid fibre based paper prints.

NEWMANP
    NEWMANP e2 Member 61581 forum postsNEWMANP vcard United Kingdom572 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Nov 2012 - 7:18 PM

Arquadia make really nice archive mount board, snow white with a black core (sss 007 001) it looks stunning with bw or colour. that black core makes everything look better.
    as it happens im doing just the same as you right now. got less that 2 weeks and only half way printed.

i used to used off white with a slight texture but have shifted totally to arquadias ice white white core or blackcore for everything.

good luck with the panel. is it L or A.

Phil

brian1208
    brian1208 e2 Member 109966 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Nov 2012 - 8:32 PM

I use the antique white from Cotswold Mounts (with cream core not white core). Plain and simple it suits B&W and Colour (as others have said)

I also prefer to use it with a plain surface rather than texture most of the time

MikeA
    MikeA  91134 forum posts England
    4 Nov 2012 - 9:10 PM

I used Ivory when submitting my successful panel. The submission was all colour.

Last Modified By MikeA at 4 Nov 2012 - 9:11 PM
    bouic
    bouic e2 Member 5bouic vcard United Kingdom
    4 Nov 2012 - 10:51 PM

I tend to use black or dark grey.

mikehit
    mikehit e2 Member 45766 forum postsmikehit vcard United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Nov 2012 - 9:39 AM

Quote: I used to use a dark green which worked well on Agfa record rapid fibre based paper prints.

In a recent club competition, I had one of my prints in a pale green mount. The judge hated it!!! Afterwards, I asked him what was wrong a green mount and he said that green mounts very rarely work and are probably the hardest colour to match with a print. Having said that, most people in the club said they thought the mount went quite well, so maybe it is one of those things that is OK for 'personal viewing' but not good for being judged (which you will be).

Credit to the judge, though: his prejudice against the mount did not stop him awarding me equal winner Tongue

teepee
    teepee  11581 forum posts England
    5 Nov 2012 - 12:37 PM

off white/cream......timeless

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.