Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Viewing mono images in camera

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
redhed17
redhed17  8658 forum posts England
6 Nov 2012 - 10:13 PM

Quote: Er... that sounds a bit complicated Paul... Just had a quick look and can't see anything that looks like a B&W option.

The B&W option on Canon cameras comes under the Picture Style menu.

On some cameras, you also have the option to apply virtual coloured filters to to the B&W. Using an Orange or Red virtual filter can make blue skies appear dark grey or black. Especially good when when there are nice white clouds too. Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
6 Nov 2012 - 10:13 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

KathyW
KathyW  111793 forum posts Norfolk Island12 Constructive Critique Points
6 Nov 2012 - 10:33 PM

Oh! I found a monochrome setting Smile Erm, no options for virtual filters or anything like that though... I can see how it would be handy if you just want to shoot jpegs and not have to worry about processing though.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315365 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
7 Nov 2012 - 2:08 AM

Can you not save both Jpegs and raws.

Although far too many people still get hung up with jpegs, things have improved a lot since the 300D.

redhed17
redhed17  8658 forum posts England
7 Nov 2012 - 12:30 PM

Quote: Oh! I found a monochrome setting Smile Erm, no options for virtual filters or anything like that though... I can see how it would be handy if you just want to shoot jpegs and not have to worry about processing though.

There are virtual filters to be played about with. Wink Page 62 of the manual says you can have monochrome images with no 'filter' applied, or a Yellow, Orange, Red or Green filter effect applied. It also gives examples of the effect they may have on a typical scene.

I didn't know until I looked for the above that you can also apply a Toning effect to the image too, for Sepia, Cyanotype etc effects by adding Sepia, Blue, Purple and Green toning.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.