Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Photoshop Challenge Anyone?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72345 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
13 Jul 2010 - 7:57 PM

As this is the Photoshop Help group, I was wondering if members of the group would be interested in taking part in a Photoshop Challenge every week? There is no winner, its not a competition. Would like to know everyones thoughts, but here is what I think so far:

1. Someone provide an image in the Photoshop Help forum as the 'base' image.
2. Members then photoshop the photo as they see required (technically, artisticlly, funny, etc, it doesn't matter!).
3. Members upload their photoshop version into the forum topic for everyone else to see.
4. To happen once a week.

Just a bit of fun. I don't want it to be a competition, just a bit of fun. What does everyone think? Anything else they would like to add?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
13 Jul 2010 - 7:57 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jul 2010 - 8:38 PM

We used to do something like this a few years ago David before you joined..we called it Fun Friday...it died a death but could be revitalised.
Another approach would be for someone to post a picture they're having trouble with and the challenge could be for the best job of achieving the desired result/effect.

davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72345 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
13 Jul 2010 - 8:42 PM

Well, I really don't want to duplicate any already available challenges. Could change Fun Fridays to Photoshop Fridays Tongue

annaliese
annaliese  9421 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jul 2010 - 8:46 PM

I miss Fun Fridays! made for some amusing uploads Smile

User_Removed
13 Jul 2010 - 8:53 PM

I'm game!

davidburleson
13 Jul 2010 - 8:56 PM

hmmm....supply and demand...maybe its time for a revival.

User_Removed
13 Jul 2010 - 9:10 PM

I never saw fun friday so im looking forward to it, i usually chill on a friday eve so this would be perfect Grin

kaybee
kaybee  103802 forum posts Scotland24 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jul 2010 - 11:08 PM

Ahh - Fun Friday ................... how I miss it

f8
f8  109169 forum posts England22 Constructive Critique Points
14 Jul 2010 - 12:01 AM

I'm prepared to give it a whirl.

ripleysalien
14 Jul 2010 - 8:06 AM

Me too...

davidburleson
14 Jul 2010 - 9:14 AM

hmm, suppose this means we got to start getting a collection of photos together for fun friday then.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
14 Jul 2010 - 9:21 AM

You only need one photo...here's an example of one that went down well

FUN Friday challenge.

Anyone can set it up. Just upload a pic to the forum and everyone can download do their magic and upload back into the forum

Boyd
Boyd  1011213 forum posts Wales11 Constructive Critique Points
14 Jul 2010 - 9:26 AM

I remember when there used to be a prize too - ah, here we are.

davidburleson
14 Jul 2010 - 9:28 AM

Cool. So in this case it was a competition, the original uploader picked his/her fav and that winner hosted/judged next weeks. In this example, the uploader uploaded the photo on the Thursday.

Does everyone like this sort of competition setup for it where the winner hosts/judges the next week?

Boyd
Boyd  1011213 forum posts Wales11 Constructive Critique Points
14 Jul 2010 - 9:30 AM

The only problem you have there though Burley is that sometimes people are unable to host the following week or simply forget about it. What you need is an emergency standby to step in should the previous week's winner be MIA - maybe one of the moderators perhaps?

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.