Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Fuji X10 group

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
Ewanneil
Ewanneil  41118 forum posts Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
20 Sep 2012 - 5:33 PM

My X10 arrived today. Still getting to grips with it but I have to say that so far I am very impressed. I think you guys should get a commission percentage from Fujifilm. I wanted a new carry-everywhere camera that allowed me to shoot raw. Having had a "play" with one in my local camera shop and also seeing some of the work you have all produced with it I couldn't resist it.

Here's hoping the weather improves so I can get out and about tomorrow.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
20 Sep 2012 - 5:33 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314819 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
20 Sep 2012 - 6:17 PM

Quote: Is the camera in silent mode? The internal flash doesn't work unless silent mode is switched off - might be the same for external flash?

Lol that as well Smile

Quote: I've never thought to try it with the studio lights - another thing to add to my 'to do' list

I`ve not used it with my studio lights either, but frequently use it wth flash for stobist stuff, the settings are identical anyway.

The results are very impesive for such a small camera.

http://www.ephotozine.com/groups/fuji-x10-user-group-782/photos/---20948229

Quote: My X10 arrived today. Still getting to grips with it but I have to say that so far I am very impressed. I think you guys should get a commission percentage from Fujifilm. I wanted a new carry-everywhere camera that allowed me to shoot raw. Having had a "play" with one in my local camera shop and also seeing some of the work you have all produced with it I couldn't resist it

The out of jpeg results have been so good its made me lazy Smile

Be sure to upgrade to the latest firmware if its not already included v1.3.

To check firmware hold down the disp/back button while switching on.

Firmware 1.3 adds a second fn button using the raw button.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314819 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
20 Sep 2012 - 6:37 PM

And don`t forget a lens hood and spare battery, third party are fine Smile

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Filter-Adapter-Fujifilm-replace-LH-X10/dp/B00719WTE8/ref...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ex-Pro-Fuji-Finepix-NP-50-NP50/dp/B001NJ4NFK/ref=pd_sim_...

Ewanneil
20 Sep 2012 - 6:44 PM

Quote: The out of jpeg results have been so good its made me lazy Smile

Be sure to upgrade to the latest firmware if its not already included v1.3.

To check firmware hold down the disp/back button while switching on.

Firmware 1.3 adds a second fn button using the raw button.

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

I've only just got the battery charged so have taken only a few shots out of my living room window (it's a miserable, grey and wet day here). I'm looking forward to tomorrow when the weather is expected to be much better. I'll be experimenting with JPEGs and raw

The firmware version is V. 1.03 so it looks like I need the update. I've just to figure out how to do it. Part of the fun of a bit of new kit. Smile

I was thinking about a lens hood. I managed to get the camera for 298 so there is a little bit left in my budget for some extras.

Ewan

Ewanneil
20 Sep 2012 - 6:51 PM

Just been having a look at Fujifilm's web site. Looks like 1.03 is the latest version.

Paul Morgan
20 Sep 2012 - 6:58 PM

1.3 is the latest firmware, just wanted to make sure in case you bought old stock.

You will find the spare battery and hood/filter adapter handy.

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 20 Sep 2012 - 7:00 PM
topsyrm
topsyrm e2 Member 3topsyrm vcard
20 Sep 2012 - 7:23 PM

Hmmm, just checked mine 1.02. What are the benefits to the upgrade?

Paul Morgan
20 Sep 2012 - 7:24 PM

1.3 gives you a second fn button via the raw button.

Ewanneil
20 Sep 2012 - 7:25 PM

Have a look here. It give details of what has been upgraded.

Ewan

topsyrm
20 Sep 2012 - 7:31 PM

1.3 gives you a second fn button via the raw button
Have a look here. It give details of what has been upgraded

Thanks Paul and Ewan.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 54172 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
27 Nov 2012 - 7:13 PM

Having gone through the Olympus mire I've sort of come full circle back to the X10, especially as it's now only 319 or less. And it's supported by ACR 6.7 in E10. Now at that price I think I can afford a little treat for christmas. Smile

Paul Morgan
27 Nov 2012 - 7:18 PM

I still love mine, and its not one bit complicated to use, I recently had a load of none photographers using it to take pictures of me, I was`nt even awake to guide them Smile

There`s a very in depth review here, worth a look Chris, but its in three long parts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj25re-1UpM

Paul Morgan
27 Nov 2012 - 7:26 PM

I know want one of these Smile

http://photorumors.com/2012/08/03/new-fujifilm-x10-ergonomic-extension-kit/

Ewanneil
27 Nov 2012 - 7:29 PM

Quote: Having gone through the Olympus mire I've sort of come full circle back to the X10, especially as it's now only 319 or less. And it's supported by ACR 6.7 in E10. Now at that price I think I can afford a little treat for christmas. Smile

I don't think you'll regret it. Considering the price I have never been so impressed by a camera. Everyone who has viewed the images I have shot on it has been seriously impressed by the results it is capable of delivering. I take mine everywhere and although not truly pocket-able (i.e. jeans) it is small enough to be carried in a jacket pocket or small bag. Get a couple of extra batteries though. The battery level indicator seems to go from Full to Red to Empty within about 15-20 shots. Good luck with your choice.

topsyrm
27 Nov 2012 - 7:30 PM

Quote: Having gone through the Olympus mire I've sort of come full circle back to the X10, especially as it's now only 319 or less. And it's supported by ACR 6.7 in E10. Now at that price I think I can afford a little treat for christmas. Smile

I know what you mean and although I love my Oly kit I have ordered an X-PRO 1 to go with the X10. Can't wait.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.