Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Fuji X10 group

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

50% OFF new PortraitPro 12, plus EXTRA 5% OFF code EPHZROS414.

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1214403 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
4 May 2013 - 8:46 PM

Yeh it does a pretty good job Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
4 May 2013 - 8:46 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1214403 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
5 May 2013 - 1:54 PM

If you have a Canon flash you can use this on the x10 when more power is needed Chris.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 53999 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
5 May 2013 - 2:25 PM

Well I've only got an old Canon A-TTL Speedlight 540EZ flashgun which would only work, if at all, using manual. I don't know enough about flash to use it and it's a hefty old thing so I don't think it'll be much use really. A bit top heavy. I rarely use flash anyway. Smile

Paul Morgan
5 May 2013 - 8:50 PM

It will work in auto as well Chris, not ttl auto just auto.

Most units will be too big mounted, there much better off camera.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 53999 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
13 May 2013 - 1:17 PM

Don't belong to this Group any more folks. Took the X10 back to London Camera Exchange and got a full refund. They couldn't have been nicer about it. Smile

I used it again on the weekend but on AV it kept either over or under exposing, I used the viewfinder because it was too bright to see the screen but the camera didn't seem to correct for parallax so the composition was wrong. I tried EXR which was better for exposure, but no RAW. The quality of the uploaded images was also not what I'd call good so I finally had enough of it. I know exactly where I am with all my Canon cameras so hopefully I won't be tempted away again. A lesson learned.
Smile

Paul Morgan
13 May 2013 - 7:33 PM

No idea why it would under expose Chris, unless you left external flash set in the On position.

Over exposing in AP is easy, you need to remember that the max shutter speed you can use is 1/1000 sec with the leaf shutter, so either add a polariser an ND filter or switch to shutter priority or use manual mode were all shutter speeds are available.

I messed up big time over the weekend, couldn`t remember how to set custom white balance Smile

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 13 May 2013 - 7:38 PM
SlowSong
13 May 2013 - 9:34 PM

I'm glad to be rid of it really Paul. I found it too unreliable. I never knew what it was doing. With my Canons I know them inside out and exactly what I'm going to get. But it was good to actually use one for a while.

Paul Morgan
13 May 2013 - 9:38 PM

Yeh there is a bit of a learning curve to getting the best out, like any camera really, a lot boils down to what you are used too.

Paul Morgan
14 May 2013 - 4:34 PM

[quote]Over exposing in AP is easy, you need to remember that the max shutter speed you can use is 1/1000 sec with the leaf shutter, so either add a polariser an ND filter or switch to shutter priority or use manual mode were all shutter speeds are available[/quote[

That should have read max shutter speed in AP wide open, ie f2.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.