Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Fuji X10 group

If you'd like to join this group, either login or register with ePHOTOzine.

Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
4 May 2013 8:46PM
Yeh it does a pretty good job Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
5 May 2013 1:54PM
If you have a Canon flash you can use this on the x10 when more power is needed Chris.
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
5 May 2013 2:25PM
Well I've only got an old Canon A-TTL Speedlight 540EZ flashgun which would only work, if at all, using manual. I don't know enough about flash to use it and it's a hefty old thing so I don't think it'll be much use really. A bit top heavy. I rarely use flash anyway. Smile
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
5 May 2013 8:50PM
It will work in auto as well Chris, not ttl auto just auto.

Most units will be too big mounted, there much better off camera.
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
13 May 2013 1:17PM
Don't belong to this Group any more folks. Took the X10 back to London Camera Exchange and got a full refund. They couldn't have been nicer about it. Smile

I used it again on the weekend but on AV it kept either over or under exposing, I used the viewfinder because it was too bright to see the screen but the camera didn't seem to correct for parallax so the composition was wrong. I tried EXR which was better for exposure, but no RAW. The quality of the uploaded images was also not what I'd call good so I finally had enough of it. I know exactly where I am with all my Canon cameras so hopefully I won't be tempted away again. A lesson learned.
Smile
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
13 May 2013 7:33PM
No idea why it would under expose Chris, unless you left external flash set in the On position.

Over exposing in AP is easy, you need to remember that the max shutter speed you can use is 1/1000 sec with the leaf shutter, so either add a polariser an ND filter or switch to shutter priority or use manual mode were all shutter speeds are available.

I messed up big time over the weekend, couldn`t remember how to set custom white balance Smile
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
13 May 2013 9:34PM
I'm glad to be rid of it really Paul. I found it too unreliable. I never knew what it was doing. With my Canons I know them inside out and exactly what I'm going to get. But it was good to actually use one for a while.
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
13 May 2013 9:38PM
Yeh there is a bit of a learning curve to getting the best out, like any camera really, a lot boils down to what you are used too.
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
14 May 2013 4:34PM

Quote:Over exposing in AP is easy, you need to remember that the max shutter speed you can use is 1/1000 sec with the leaf shutter, so either add a polariser an ND filter or switch to shutter priority or use manual mode were all shutter speeds are available[/quote[

That should have read max shutter speed in AP wide open, ie f2.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.