Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Fuji X100 Lightroom Processing Presets

If you'd like to join this group, either login or register with ePHOTOzine.

14 Jun 2013 10:27AM
As lightroom doesn't seem to respect the post-processing work done in the x100, I was wondering if anyone has created some Lightroom presets to re-apply the post-processing on RAW files in lightroom?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SteveCharles 12 2.3k 18 England
14 Jun 2013 10:36AM
I use those downloaded from the bottom of this page , tweaked to my own liking. Used them for years with other cameras, works well with the x100s. I mainly use the Provia curve as a base, along with Portra, the Velvia can be a bit ott depending on subject/lighting. Looks more film-like than Fuji's own in camera settings.

Thinking of getting VSCO, though.
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
14 Jun 2013 4:40PM
Hi David just pinch one of the macbeth colour charts you lot use when reviewing camera`s and download this free bit of Adobe Software, I`ve compared it against the colourchecker passport and it works equally as well and its very simple to use, I can`t understand why they don`t include this with LR Smile

https://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5494

Once downloaded and un-zipped the program runs without the need of installing.

7-untitled-1.jpg

Screen shoot
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
14 Jun 2013 4:47PM
Sorry David, got my wires crossed Smile
14 Jun 2013 8:11PM
I'm looking to easily re-apply the different film modes, dynamic range and other 'post-processing' done in-camera in the x100. I'm a bit new at it, it just bugs me that when shooting in jpeg+raw, the raw's don't replicate the shooting settings. I know it's consider post processing, but it should be an option or something.
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
14 Jun 2013 8:34PM
Can you develop the raws in camera like you can with the x10 David, I can process my raws in camera to simulate the various film types.

As with most things, the pre-sets you use only effect the jpegs.
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
14 Jun 2013 8:38PM

Quote:I can process my raws in camera to simulate the various film types.

No need to buy CS / Lightroom / Capture One then Wink
14 Jun 2013 8:52PM
@Paul Morgan

Yes, but it would be nice if that stuff transferred over into a RAW file that can then be used in Lightroom. Sometimes, you might just want to make the slight adjustment to something you took in B&W if you know what i mean.
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
14 Jun 2013 9:02PM

Quote:I can process my raws in camera to simulate the various film types.
No need to buy CS / Lightroom / Capture One then Wink

My guess this has been built in for people on the move, who are not going to get access to a PC, its actually pretty handy.

Quote:@Paul Morgan

Yes, but it would be nice if that stuff transferred over into a RAW file that can then be used in Lightroom. Sometimes, you might just want to make the slight adjustment to something you took in B&W if you know what i mean.

Yes I agree, even your crop settings are not transferred to the raw file

I`ve found the Direct Positive preset makes a good base for simulating velvia in LR.
14 Jun 2013 11:28PM

Quote:I'm looking to easily re-apply the different film modes, dynamic range and other 'post-processing' done in-camera in the x100. I'm a bit new at it, it just bugs me that when shooting in jpeg+raw, the raw's don't replicate the shooting settings. I know it's consider post processing, but it should be an option or something.

You can easily do it with Silkypix - or it's abridged version that Fujifilm supplies with their cameras. Lightroom is not the best platform for Fujifilm RAW processing - unfortunately.
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
15 Jun 2013 12:04AM
The x100 is well supported in LR.
15 Jun 2013 12:24AM
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
15 Jun 2013 1:13AM
No need, read loads when the x10 and x100 came it, I could not see what all the fuss was about.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.