Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Fujifilm X20 Review

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
joshwa
joshwa ePHOTOzine Staff 3595 forum postsjoshwa vcard United Kingdom
8 May 2013 - 12:57 PM

Hi,

Our review of the X20 is now live:
http://www.ephotozine.com/article/fujifilm-x20-review-21815

If you have any questions that you think aren't covered in the review, please ask now (while we still have the camera) and we'll try and answer them for you,

Cheers,

Josh

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
8 May 2013 - 12:57 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314903 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
8 May 2013 - 6:51 PM

Thanks Josh.

GazzaG2003
GazzaG2003  11252 forum posts England
8 May 2013 - 7:19 PM

excellent, off to take a look Smile

gazzah
gazzah  3
9 May 2013 - 12:03 AM

I have an x10, was going to upgrade as the newer sensor is a real improvement, but instaed I went one stage further and got an x100s - now there is a great camera...
Also have an x-pro 1 and s-pro 3 so a bit of a Fuji fan boy....

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314903 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
9 May 2013 - 1:00 AM

Yeh I`m a bit of a fan boy as well, almost picked up an x100 when I was getting my OMD, wish I had now Smile

MichaelMelb_AU
9 May 2013 - 10:47 AM

It is interesting to see X10 evolving into non-EXR X20. While being an interesting concept, EXR implementation was seriously lacking in terms of user interface - being unreasonably complex for an average amateur and completely unnecessary for professional and semi-pro application where X-trans rules. Brilliant X10 optics was asking for something better than EXR. It's a pity that continuing "pixel fever" will not allow similar developments in Fujifilm's lower range cameras. 10 or 12Mp 1/2" X-Trans technology based sensor would be quite welcome in Fujifilm's very successful Finepix HS series. I'd love to upgrade my HS30 for a camera like that.

Paul Morgan
9 May 2013 - 5:39 PM

Yes the EXR stuff is mostly jpeg only, fine for the odd snap, but there is so much more to the camera than that.

The optics alone are probably the best I`ve seen from any compact covering a 4x zoom.

Paul Morgan
9 May 2013 - 10:04 PM

I quite like these Smile

6-untitled-1.jpg

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 54203 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
9 May 2013 - 10:11 PM

If I thought it was worth an extra 200 I'd have gone for the X20 rather than the X10, but can't see that I'd get that much more, being an amateur user, for that much more money. Wouldn't say No though if someone wanted to get me one as a present .... (wonder if the OH is looking in Wink).

Paul Morgan
9 May 2013 - 10:12 PM

What colour would you go for Smile

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 54203 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
10 May 2013 - 7:34 AM

Quote: What colour would you go for Smile

Tricky question. It'd depend on what I was wearing. I think the blue would go with most things but now and again a touch of green or red adds a bit of glamour. Decisions, decisions. Smile

Paul Morgan
10 May 2013 - 5:25 PM

Took me all of 5 minutes to knock them up in Photoshop, so you have as many as you like Smile

The yellow one was the most difficult wanted it to look yellow with looking too yellow Smile

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 10 May 2013 - 5:27 PM
SlowSong
10 May 2013 - 6:40 PM

Quote: Took me all of 5 minutes to knock them up in Photoshop, so you have as many as you like Smile

The yellow one was the most difficult wanted it to look yellow with looking too yellow Smile

Well, it's more mustard really. Not an easy colour to co-ordinate though. Smile

Paul Morgan
10 May 2013 - 8:36 PM

Quote: Well, it's more mustard really. Not an easy colour to co-ordinate though

It will probably go well with green corduroy trousers Smile

SlowSong
10 May 2013 - 9:00 PM

Quote: It will probably go well with green corduroy trousers Smile

More you than me then. Smile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.