Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

New X10 user

If you'd like to join this group, either login or register with ePHOTOzine.

Campervanman 7 718 1 United Kingdom
23 Nov 2013 8:08PM
Hi,

Hope someone reads this seeing as last post was back in July I think.

Just bought a used X10 from Ffordes. Went out for about an hour yesterday to test and try it out (after a few hours with the instruction manual!). I've uploaded six photos from the couple of dozen I took. One thing I kept doing was using the compensation dial by mistake, it's where the control dial is on my Olympus 620. I Used mainly AP or SP modes, plus close up and used shade WB for the autumnal shots.
One I couldn't work out is I could only shoot in film simulation mode (I set it on Provia being the film I used most in my Bronica days). Is there a standard digital shooting mode?

I'm pleased with the results so far.

Bob

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

johneh 7 6 England
23 Nov 2013 9:03PM
Welcome to the X10 owners club, I love mine. Provia is the standard setting on the camera, but personally I prefer Velvia, especially for vibrant autumn colours. Happy shootingWink
Paul Morgan Plus
13 16.5k 6 England
23 Nov 2013 9:24PM

Quote:I set it on Provia being the film I used most in my Bronica days). Is there a standard digital shooting mode?

For jpegs provia is the standard setting, you can fine tune this using the wb shift in the menu.
Campervanman 7 718 1 United Kingdom
23 Nov 2013 11:02PM
Thanks both. I'll probably be happy with the Provia setting for now. The camera replaces my Olympus 5050 Zoom which, after using the X10 even just for a short time, I now realise was extremely slow.
yashicaboy 3 26 United Kingdom
24 Nov 2013 3:24AM
The X10 is a cracking camera and I find I am using mine more then the DSLR and use it on the Velvia setting and it comes on all my walks with me! it's small Digital and shoots in Velvia what more could you want! (X1Pro?)
Best regards

Richard G

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.