Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

New X10 user

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Campervanman
    Campervanman e2 Member 6711 forum postsCampervanman vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Nov 2013 - 8:08 PM

Hi,

Hope someone reads this seeing as last post was back in July I think.

Just bought a used X10 from Ffordes. Went out for about an hour yesterday to test and try it out (after a few hours with the instruction manual!). I've uploaded six photos from the couple of dozen I took. One thing I kept doing was using the compensation dial by mistake, it's where the control dial is on my Olympus 620. I Used mainly AP or SP modes, plus close up and used shade WB for the autumnal shots.
    One I couldn't work out is I could only shoot in film simulation mode (I set it on Provia being the film I used most in my Bronica days). Is there a standard digital shooting mode?

I'm pleased with the results so far.

Bob

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    23 Nov 2013 - 8:08 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

johneh
    johneh  6 England
    23 Nov 2013 - 9:03 PM

Welcome to the X10 owners club, I love mine. Provia is the standard setting on the camera, but personally I prefer Velvia, especially for vibrant autumn colours. Happy shootingWink

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314810 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Nov 2013 - 9:24 PM

Quote: I set it on Provia being the film I used most in my Bronica days). Is there a standard digital shooting mode?

For jpegs provia is the standard setting, you can fine tune this using the wb shift in the menu.

Campervanman
    Campervanman e2 Member 6711 forum postsCampervanman vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Nov 2013 - 11:02 PM

Thanks both. I'll probably be happy with the Provia setting for now. The camera replaces my Olympus 5050 Zoom which, after using the X10 even just for a short time, I now realise was extremely slow.

yashicaboy
    24 Nov 2013 - 3:24 AM

The X10 is a cracking camera and I find I am using mine more then the DSLR and use it on the Velvia setting and it comes on all my walks with me! it's small Digital and shoots in Velvia what more could you want! (X1Pro?)
    Best regards

Richard G

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.