Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Tips and tricks

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314976 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Nov 2011 - 11:40 PM

Here`s a few, if you find any more, add them here.

Playback, With the camera switch off and the lenscap on hold down the playback button and the lcd comes to life allowing you to view images, to switch back of press playback button once more.

Stealth mode, hold down the Dis/back button, this kills the flash and AF iluminator.

Manual focus,use the AEL/AFL button to focus and to fine focus use the rear dial, its a whole lot less frustrating.

Off camera flash, any shutter speed can be set, great for balancing ambient light.

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 25 Nov 2011 - 11:41 PM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    25 Nov 2011 - 11:40 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cattyal
    cattyal e2 Member 96002 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Nov 2011 - 9:59 AM

Brilliant playback tip - thanks for that Smile

As for the others - they'll sure come in useful when I get to play with manual focus, off camera flash (no gun for this yet) and need stealth mode - actually that might come in useful today.

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314976 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Nov 2011 - 12:53 AM

Yes some of these are useful Smile

cattyal
    cattyal e2 Member 96002 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Nov 2011 - 8:39 AM

At some point I hope to slow down and explore the camera thoroughly - so far it's been mainly used on my dashes to and from town - and at a wedding on Saturday where it performed extremely well on EXR Auto.

Paul Morgan
    28 Nov 2011 - 12:46 PM

I`ve still to play with the EXR stuff, but from what I`ve seen its really quite good.

Loads of sample pics here in EXR, should imagine it would be right up your street with the still life`s you do.

http://www.boxedlight.com/x10/index.htm

cattyal
    4 Dec 2011 - 11:55 AM

It just came in handy photographing underneath the boiler so I could figure out which screw to turn to top it up a bit Smile

Paul Morgan
    4 Dec 2011 - 11:17 PM

I`d never thought of using a camera to view in difficult places to get Smile

Not used any camera for the best part of two weeks but I have just been checking to see if the X10 could be suitable for infra red and it seems it should be ok, going by the TV remote test Smile

cattyal
    5 Dec 2011 - 8:31 AM

I frequently do - behind the kitchen sink to see where the drip is, under the stairs to see the labels on the fuse box, under the boiler Smile Previously I've used a very old, not very good, mobile camera but the X10 does a much better job Smile

Good news on the IR front - shall make a note to investigate that too!

Paul Morgan
    5 Dec 2011 - 1:11 PM

Quote: Good news on the IR front - shall make a note to investigate that too!

Yes just need to find a well priced filter adapter and hood.

cattyal
    5 Dec 2011 - 2:11 PM

True - maybe I'll get Christmas out of the way first!

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.