Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Drip Drip Drip......

If you'd like to join this group, either login or register with ePHOTOzine.

cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
18 Dec 2013 8:46PM
Guess whose roof is leaking - right onto the end of my flaming bed? Yep - good job I've got a spare pillow .................

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JackAllTog e2
5 4.0k 58 United Kingdom
18 Dec 2013 8:55PM
Oh no Sad

Send Woody up to sort it out, I think the rain in clearing later so hopefully the drip will stop till daylight. though knowing you its another photo opportunity.

Good luck with tonight :/
Best Wishes
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
18 Dec 2013 8:59PM
I've been up in the loft but sadly the section where it is coming through is all boarded up - without taking a crowbar to it I can't see what's going on.

The rain has happily stopped and the wind totally gone (which I dare say was driving the rain under the tiles) - so digits crossed I won't get a wet head tonight!

No good asking Woody to help - he's only any good at drinking and playing Smile
janeez e2
6 1.2k 8 United Kingdom
19 Dec 2013 8:24AM
Me too. Had a loft conversion in 2008 and the rain is coming through one of the dormer windows onto my landing via a smoke detector. Had several quotes to have everything put right and it comes to 10,000 (yes that is 3 zero's on the end of 10!!!
It is a major job to sort out the mess that this so called professional did to my lovely old house. :-(
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
19 Dec 2013 8:34AM
Oh blimey!!!! - I hope mine is a simple job and it has been suggested I check whether the wind speed was high enough to qualify as storm and can come under my insurance. Fortunately I work for the brokers who handle my insurance so I can just pop upstairs and speak to the claims peeps this morning!

My last leak was a simple chimney flashing fix about 2-3 years ago and happily nothing since - digits crossed!!!!
49er e2
8 564
19 Dec 2013 12:59PM
Surely a leak of water on to a flaming bed is a good thing..Wink
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
19 Dec 2013 2:35PM

Quote:Surely a leak of water on to a flaming bed is a good thing..Wink

errr yep - you might be right Smile
19 Dec 2013 3:55PM
We had the mortar come loose, roof was wet inside when getting Xmas tree out. 140 and a few mugs of tea in the end done by a roofer who was recommended and all sorted. Hope yours is as easy as ours was
indemnity e2
6 331
19 Dec 2013 3:56PM
Move the bed. Sorted.
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
19 Dec 2013 4:17PM
I can't check up in the loft as that's all boarded out and carpeted so short of taking a crowbar to the walls I'm stuck there. At least it's not going to be difficult to narrow down the area and I would rather do it without having to claim and therefore have my premium increase next year! I'm waiting to hear from someone who might be able to recommend a man that can Smile

As for moving the bed - not much room to play with as I'm using a diddy room with very little wiggle room (the master bedroom is used more productively as a studio)......... Ah - it's only water, I'll survive!
bigpete e2
1 59 United Kingdom
19 Dec 2013 4:28PM
Probably only a broken tile,, missing flashing,, easy and cheap repair with right ladders....if its a tile you should be able to see it from below (outside)

Pete
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
19 Dec 2013 4:35PM
I'll guess it's a tile problem though I guess flashing could also figure if the water is running along and then down. I can't look at the roof until the weekend as I leave the house in the dark and arrive home in the dark. Access should be a doddle as there's a flat roof conveniently on the back of the house so only about 7' to the gutter edge.

And it's raining again - but not windy..............
JawDborn e2
2 795 1 England
19 Dec 2013 8:16PM
I haven't had a bed wet because of a leak since I was about 3.
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
19 Dec 2013 10:01PM

Quote:I haven't had a bed wet because of a leak since I was about 3.

I can't remember that far back Smile
JawDborn e2
2 795 1 England
19 Dec 2013 10:31PM
Hope things get fixed ASAP.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.