Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Good-bye 2013 - and good riddance,too.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
petebfrance
31 Dec 2013 - 1:18 PM

Probably the worst year I've ever had health-wise. Problems (which I wont bore you with) disrupted just about everything, photography all but abandoned now and so on. A real stinker of a year.

Is anybody else glad to see the back of 2013?

Last Modified By petebfrance at 31 Dec 2013 - 1:19 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
31 Dec 2013 - 1:18 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

AlanJ
AlanJ e2 Member 1404 forum postsAlanJ vcard England
31 Dec 2013 - 1:24 PM

Me too . One of the saddest in my 60 years. Glad to see the back of it.

franken
franken e2 Member 113097 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
31 Dec 2013 - 1:26 PM

A poor year for me health wise and as it's never going to improve so each year that I can still get about is a bonus for me.

Ken.

peterjones
peterjones e2 Member 123901 forum postspeterjones vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
31 Dec 2013 - 1:28 PM

happy-new-year-2014.jpg

I know that 2013 was a miserable year for many people I know; though not so badly affected I am personally happy to see the back of 2013 and face 2014 with renewed hope and optimism.

AlexandraSD
31 Dec 2013 - 1:56 PM

2013 wasn't too bad for me, health wise im as fit as a fiddle for my age, but i am only 39, well, for a few more days at least, i hit the big Four Oh (nooooo) in just over a week, not sure how that will effect me mentally, it could depress me or it could just wash over me and ill not think too much about it, who knows. But none of us are getting any younger, and it seems the older you get, the quicker time speeds up, and looking back on my life, my early 20s feel like it happened last week, where did all that time go?

Older and wiser, well thats what they say, maybe a little bit wiser yes, but , i could still do with akick up the backside now and then!

I certainly dont feel old, i can still jump over fences and gates in 1 go, one handed jumps. But even i feel my legs are getting tired when walking in woodland, uphill really tires my knees, maybe the knees go first and the rest follows, or falls apart...

Anyway, for now i am still in my 30s and tonight im gonna party like a teenager Smile

Have a magical 2014 everyone Grin

russmac
russmac e2 Member 3russmac vcard England
31 Dec 2013 - 2:04 PM

I have to say that although I didn't suffer bad health I just haven't felt 100% for a long long time. I know I should have been out more but I have just been really lethargic and never got my backside into gear!!! new years resolution - get out and about with the camera and learn more from all the good people on EPZ

good bye 2013 and welcome 2014. may it bring all our friends and families health and happiness

Andy_Cundell
31 Dec 2013 - 2:18 PM

It was a pretty bad year, BUT (stolen from a Facebook page)

Tomorrow is the start of a new 365 day book, a book that YOU are writing....................only you can make it a best seller!!!

Andy Smile

Migster
Migster  175 forum posts England
31 Dec 2013 - 2:24 PM

Glad to put 2013 behind me but really looking forward to making the most of 2014.
Good luck and best wishes to everyone on here.
Let's all make it a belter.
Best regards
John

altitude50
altitude50  101730 forum posts United Kingdom
31 Dec 2013 - 2:47 PM

Rubbish year, my wife has been suffering pain all year (Shingles) I have been helping her and driving her around, now cannot even do that as a motorist drove his car into the back of my legs on Boxing Day. Fed up!SadSadSad

Snappypappy
Snappypappy e2 Member 1Snappypappy vcard United Kingdom
31 Dec 2013 - 3:41 PM

2013 ! kick it into touch as far as I'm concerned. Prostate cancer treatment at the start of 2013 and looks like its going on into 2014.

Mind you there's kids with cancer moan less than me.................like my old Gran used to say...'only this life then the next then it's all bleedin over....'

GOOD LUCK and I hope it gets better for everyone.

frenchie44
1 Jan 2014 - 9:26 AM

In February 2001 I was told I had " Non Hodgekinsons low grade lymphoma "first thing I said was "at least its only low grade" It didn't mean what I thought, it damages the blood cells and is not curable. they gave me 10 to 15 months only, what a shock! you just go numb, any how I went through radiation therapy for 5 weeks to clean up the area of the tumour that was removed, in the process they damaged my Thyroid gland, then did not protect my shoulders with the pad to cover any area where radiation is not needed, so I had a "frozen shoulder" that is very painful. so there I was with a few months to live, a painful shoulder, a damaged thyroid gland, which meant I was very low on energy and very depressed. then I was given some tablets to take which i was to 8 a day, a week later I was found on the ground writhing in agony, I woke up in hospital with a doctor ready to ask me questions about was I on drugs! I told him the only thing I take was prescribed by the hospital, I got someone to bring in one of the canisters of these tablets, on the label it said take 8 a day, this quack turned round and said "its your own fault, you should have known that 8 was too many, 3 a day was the maximum" within 5 days I was back in, unconscious again, the tablets overdose had caused some internal damage,

After all that I spent the next few months training two of my sons to run the business ready for when I die, that was a very emotional time for me and them. I even attempted suicide, which failed.
from then on I threw myself into work, the business is thriving, I am still breathing nearly 13 years later. my photography is the big thing that helped me, with a camera in my hands out in the countryside I am at my happiest. this experience has changed me, I appreciate things now that I did not notice before, even rain and wind does not upset me, to feel it on your face is living,

the thing is not to give up, you never know what will come along, make the most of what you have, do not waste a day of you life.
Some say to me "how do you cope with uncurable cancer " I say " first thing in the morning I read the paper, I go to the births& deaths page, if I am not in there I get dressed and go to work"
what else can I do?
I have even designed a new product for photographers that will be launched soon, I loads of ideas to keep me busy for years yet, so I cannot afford to die.

DONT GIVE UP

n

JJGEE
JJGEE  96283 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
2 Jan 2014 - 5:05 PM

Well, I have got an horrible cold / sore throat so I would like to say Good Riddance to 2014 already Sad

hobbs
hobbs  101222 forum posts United Kingdom
2 Jan 2014 - 5:54 PM

The way I look at it a lot of people had a worse 2013 than me. Work wasn't brilliant as I was put at risk of redundancy twice in 4 months. On the positive side I did complete 100 half marathons in 200 days even though I managed to brake my a toe after the 13th and helped raise some money for people less fortunate than me, so to be honest I wouldn't change 2013.

Last Modified By hobbs at 2 Jan 2014 - 6:00 PM
Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315157 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
2 Jan 2014 - 10:15 PM

Yep I was glad to see the back of both 12, and 13 Smile

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014778 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
2 Jan 2014 - 11:59 PM

having just heard my old childhood mate Roger died (aged 43 - cancer), every year you're alive is a good one.

2010-2013 have been epic - my own boss, doing what I love, how I want to do it...

ok - it's been extremely hard and testing, but that's why it's been good.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.