Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Suggestions to help me sleep.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
kathrynlouise
kathrynlouise e2 Member 2364 forum postskathrynlouise vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
13 Dec 2011 - 2:34 PM

On a week of nights, should be asleep but can't. Any suggestions as come 7am on sunday morning i will be the grumpiest gal on the planet if i don't get much sleep Tongue

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
13 Dec 2011 - 2:34 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318434 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
13 Dec 2011 - 2:37 PM

I have comments from several people that our album Sound of Flak Unbalanced helps them relax and get to sleep.
That will be a blatant plug then Wink
...and I'm not sure sending people to sleep is a good thing for our music, but I guess if it works ..lol

Last Modified By Pete at 13 Dec 2011 - 2:37 PM
polis_928tadw59

If you did not live so far away, I am assuming that fact, I could tuck you in bed and read you a bedtime story, albeit at about 8am in the morning.GrinWink

The only other useful suggestion is to stay up when you get home; go out for an afternoon drink, get home and have a lovely dinner of comfort food, tetties, dumplings, etc., then you should sleep right through until the following day. Mind if you have a hubby, kids, and a dog, then that throws my plan out the window, and a further simple solution is way beyond my brain.

kathrynlouise
kathrynlouise e2 Member 2364 forum postskathrynlouise vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
13 Dec 2011 - 3:18 PM

Ah thats a shame, being read a bedtime story by a cheeky geordie dwarfTongue probably wouldve done the trick lol. Start at 10pm and finish at 7am from now until saturday. The man of the house still unfortunately not got a job but passes out on the sofa in the drop of a hat, when wakes up will have to ask him what the secret is, maybe boredom Wink

Bridgelayer
13 Dec 2011 - 3:29 PM

When I worked nights I found the best way to get some sleep during the day was by having a 1 hour session in the gym, home for a light snack and a glass of wine - no tea or coffee, then straight to bed.

It didn't work every time, but the wine made me feel better about it.

kathrynlouise
13 Dec 2011 - 3:35 PM

I don't drink, one drinker in the house is enough Sad
Don't think i could drink at that time in the morning anyway Tongue

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43650 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
13 Dec 2011 - 3:36 PM

When I was in the police, came home after night shift at this cold and dark time of the year, made myself a cooked breakfast (dropped the tea or coffee) and went to bed, snuggled up to a warm wife who stood up after a few minutes and I fell asleep in seconds. Worked for me...hope you find something that works for you.

justin c
justin c  104512 forum posts England36 Constructive Critique Points
13 Dec 2011 - 3:40 PM

Take up running and cycling. You'll sleep like a log if you do enough miles Smile

kathrynlouise
13 Dec 2011 - 3:41 PM

Thanks guys. Only did 2 nights last time but have 5 this week and know how ill i felt last time as only had 3 hours sleep. Someone coming and bashing me on the head may be the only solution Wink

kathrynlouise
13 Dec 2011 - 3:44 PM

Quote: Take up running and cycling. You'll sleep like a log if you do enough miles Smile

Got an hours stroll home after i finish my shift as other half doesn't see 7am and at 6.50 a time can't afford a taxi so maybe that will make me sleep.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014034 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
13 Dec 2011 - 3:46 PM

I have a friend who writes a weekly magazine about fertilizer - if you ever have trouble sleeping those are ideal things to read.

kathrynlouise
13 Dec 2011 - 3:49 PM

Quote: I have a friend who writes a weekly magazine about fertilizer - if you ever have trouble sleeping those are ideal things to read.

Think that would definately work lol Tongue

maroondah
maroondah  11239 forum posts Australia1 Constructive Critique Points
13 Dec 2011 - 4:18 PM

Hi Kathryn,

Don't try to sleep straight away. Find a friend who likes taking pictures and go for a walkabout. You will enjoy being out and make yourself a little more ready for a sleep later in the morning. Failing that turn the TV on watch 5 minutes of Jeremy Kyle and that should send you straight to sleep.
Cheers
GerryWink

Les_G
Les_G  6148 forum posts Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
13 Dec 2011 - 4:20 PM

I tend to agree with the folks who suggest staying up a while, I used to go swimming then home to a bowl of porridge before trying to sleep.....eye mask also helped!

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
13 Dec 2011 - 4:28 PM

How about a warm bath with some nice relaxing smellies (has that already been suggested?)

Some vigorous exercise right before bedtime can also help.

There are some herbal remedies which may help - hops and valerian is one which is supposed to aid relaxation.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.